BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-Season Friendlies

Hasn't been announced on the Rovers' website, but Rovers will be playing Halifax Town at The Shay on the 4th August.

My other half's family all support Halifax so it should be a good day out.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFC Halifax [or whatever they're called these days] were on ITV either this season or last in the F.A. Cup.

It took me back to 1975 and the last time we played at the Shay. April 1st it was, for some reason!! If Coco had been in charge, you could have understood it.

Oh, Gawd, Venky's; if for no other reason than for pity's sake on the memories of [what the Paul Agnew-produced programme sometimes calls] "Older supporters may remember . . . ", please don't let us fall that far on your watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add another bit of info. I've been informed today that Rovers will be spending a week down here prior to the Rochdale game. The youth.ressies will be playing a local team from Hereford.

As far as I'm aware the first team will just be training down here but will be using the SAS facilities (We're home to the SAS in case you haven't played much C.O.D.) Guess it's a good way to avoid the press lol. The camp is pretty secure.

Just to add another bit of info. I've been informed today that Rovers will be spending a week down here prior to the Rochdale game. The youth.ressies will be playing a local team from Hereford.

As far as I'm aware the first team will just be training down here but will be using the SAS facilities (We're home to the SAS in case you haven't played much C.O.D.) Guess it's a good way to avoid the press lol. The camp is pretty secure.

Interesting, Ricky.

My friend lives in Ross-en-Why. Good excuse for a get-together!

Beautiful place.

Kean was in the SAS, probably ran it. He left though as he was too hard for them all.

As our pre season fixtures start to resemble those of the 1980's, Is the Manx Cup still running?

Kean was in the SAS, probably ran it. He left though as he was too hard for them all.

As our pre season fixtures start to resemble those of the 1980's, Is the Manx Cup still running?

Will the League Liner be running to Hereford again?

Bring the MANX CUP back!

Fond Memories!

Step forward.. Tony Finnigan!

Without the MANX CUP we wouldnt have got to see Stuart Munro (THE MAN SAVAGE MODELED HIMSELF ON)

Munro signing was Kentaro esque!

Bring the MANX CUP back!

Fond Memories!

Step forward.. Tony Finnigan!

Without the MANX CUP we wouldnt have got to see Stuart Munro (THE MAN SAVAGE MODELED HIMSELF ON)

Munro signing was Kentaro esque!

I remember playing Wigan at Springfield park in the manx cup when we'd just signed Frank Stapleton, he arrived in a car that was almost the same size as the main stand :D

• Moderation Lead

Stuff preseason stuff regular season stiff kean and stuff venkys

The edit button is your friend :lol:

Stanley away and Fleetwood away on the same day at the crown ground, 5 minute walk from my house- back of the net.

What's this all about? Rovers sending a team to play a club founded to protest the pernicous influence of passionless ownership from afar... A little bizarre...

FC United fans are interested in helping with the supporters trust and passing on info that they have obtained over the last few years in that respect. Plus it's being played at stalybridge which is a good drink

What's this all about? Rovers sending a team to play a club founded to protest the pernicous influence of passionless ownership from afar... A little bizarre...

Its an interesting fixture which (from what i'm told from the FC united side) seems to have arisen from the contact the BRIST had with FCUM regarding set-up of a fans-owned club. Not sure who arranges these friendlies but I doubt Venkys are aware of the connection.

FC United fans are interested in helping with the supporters trust and passing on info that they have obtained over the last few years in that respect. Plus it's being played at stalybridge which is a good drink

Will Glen Mullen be playing for Rovers XI ..? :rock:^_^

Be Good to see Myles, after all JA said he was unplayable this season because of his schooling and us nasty fans...

Ah yes. Myles. I wonder how much he's on a week. Not that it matters of course. We're debt free. No need for ST holders next year, it's all covered.

I wonder who arranged the preseason fixtures btw? No Indian trip this (pre)season or is that pesky fixture list in the way? May as well sell up I reckon. I think the games up.

Be Good to see Myles, after all JA said he was unplayable this season because of his schooling and us nasty fans...

If , I can find out that Myles Anderson is playing in a friendly locally , I am going ...

I don't usually call players during the game , but I will make an exception for this one ..

What is more daddy maybe in the stand , now that could get interesting if it is at spotland or Stanley!

Guest Rovers4Good

Ah yes. Myles. I wonder how much he's on a week. Not that it matters of course. We're debt free. No need for ST holders next year, it's all covered.

I wonder who arranged the preseason fixtures btw? No Indian trip this (pre)season or is that pesky fixture list in the way? May as well sell up I reckon. I think the games up.

He drives around in a small Audi a3 so i bet his dad is getting his wages lol :)

Archived