BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRSIT urge owners to get in touch.

Some 1,500 true Supporters have pledged and a supposed 'celebrity' poster on her (SG 194) is a typical cynic and pessimist.

Very disappointed. Do a sizeable minority of posters simply want the power to be cynical and deprecating of everything and everyone??

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keeping myself open to this idea. I don't want to pledge at this point in time because I can't commit that money at the moment, and I am still not convinced by the doomsday scenarios. However, huge respect for the scheme and the way they've gone about doing it. Should things go belly up, whether now or in years to come, you can count on me contributing to the Trust.

I think the idea could possible work but only if you can get everyone onboard, but I cannot understand all the people who keep criticizing the idea without a constructive idea of their own . What do they expect to happen while they just sit on their hands doing nothing and hoping for another Uncle Jack to come along? And that only happens once in a lifetime.

Is this going to go down the line of you are a true supporter if you back the idea but not otherwise?

It's like the protest and non protest deabte or whether or not to buy a season ticket argument. There is no right or wrong, it is down to each individual. I have pledged because at the moment it is the only viable option I can see to rid us of the living nightmare and I was impressed by the presentation on Saturday and the enthusiasm of lots of fans I spoke to. However I wouldn't criticise anybody who thinks otherwise.

Well put it this way...500 Supporters got off their arses on a Saturday morning and went to hear and get involved. They did not just sit on their Computers and 'dish' an avenue or all avenues. Its like attacking 'renewers' when you've never had a season-ticket(but yet visit and participate in BRFCS). Their is such an expression as 'paper talk'...these people and the 'pledgers' are being pro-active and 'putting their money where their mouth is'.

• Backroom

What about those with more important things to do on a Saturday morning? Say look after their children or work?

Also there is plenty of folk who don't have the money to put where their mouth is despite what Wayne wants to say about the price of holidays and the like

This true fan crap has been a thorn in all fans sides all season

What about those with more important things to do on a Saturday morning? Say look after their children or work?

Also there is plenty of folk who don't have the money to put where their mouth is despite what Wayne wants to say about the price of holidays and the like

To be fair Tom WW covered those who might not be able to afford £1k by themselves. There is an option to part own with friends and family providing it reaches the minimum. There is also an option through Tower Credit Union (I think that's what they are called) who offer favourable interest rates. There was a lady in attendance from there who sopke to many fans who are looking to take up this option.

I have pledged £200 at the moment but if it will be in reality i may be upping that bid, I live in Sweden and can't go to games but I want Rovers to get new ownership! I hope other overseas can pledge, at least a smaller sum.

Good news, most of the key info' is on the BRSIT site so if you have Internet access then you don't always need to go to the meetings. It's possible to group together to buy a share if you have a group of friends together. It's also possible to take a look at the Credit Union option to help spread the cost.

I don't see any reason even to bring this 'true fan' definition into the discussion, it's a total red herring. If you want to join in BRSIT then that's up to you, just the same as whether you choose to buy a season ticket.

The only requirement for me is not to confuse a reason with an excuse, one is applying a logic before a decision the other is an attempt to convince yourself that you are justified in what you did.

Tom, there is no 'true fan crap'. The offer is there to buy a share(s) in your club. If you don't/can't/won't then that's fine. You won't be any more or less of a Rovers fan than you are now.

We all support the club in different ways. I'm simply glad there is a positive, pro-active concerted effort to take Rovers into supporter ownership if at all possible.

Some of your fellow fans are dedicating vast amounts of their time and expertise to this.

Will it succeed? Who knows, but let's keep it positive.

Is this going to go down the line of you are a true supporter if you back the idea but not otherwise?

All this is about is supporters trying to save their club. The investers are nothing special just concerned fans. Equally the fans who marched, chanted etc. are concerned fans. The fans who are not renewing season tickets are concerned fans.

All everyone wants is our club to be saved for the community and future generations.

Some of us are lucky and can afford some money to buy shares in the trust. We do not have enough money individually to buy the club but collectively we might be able to raise enough money to buy the club. Yes there are many obstacles in the way but it shouldn't stop us trying.

If the trust is successfl and eventually buys the club then all true fans will be happy.

• Backroom

For the record I was only contesting the use of the phrase 'true fan' as its been banded about here there and everywhere last season

At the moment I'm not committing but id hope there becomes a time when I feel comfortable enough with the whole thing to do so.

I am not knocking the efforts of others to try and do something positive under the present situation let me make that clear.

I personally dont believe the Rao's would sell cheaply and certainly not for 10 Million,they are hard faced business people at the end of the day(much to our demise).

Its about opinions and I'm entitled to mine.

I personally dont believe the Rao's would sell cheaply and certainly not for 10 Million,they are hard faced business people at the end of the day(much to our demise).

A business in meltdown, doing nothing when faced with the prospect of losing £40M annual income, allowing a hired hand to ruin the business, losing customers by the thousands, ingoring the views of over 30% of your customers etc. etc. etc.

Certainly sound like hard faced business people.

To be fair Tom WW covered those who might not be able to afford £1k by themselves. There is an option to part own with friends and family providing it reaches the minimum. There is also an option through Tower Credit Union (I think that's what they are called) who offer favourable interest rates. There was a lady in attendance from there who sopke to many fans who are looking to take up this option.

Jubilee Tower Credit Union is there full name.

http://brfcactiongroup.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/JTCU-Share-Saver-essential-details1.pdf

Just looking at the logistics of thousands of people getting a lump sum of money together in one place and at one time, it would be very messy. Imagine if at the last minute not enough people are credit worthy enough to complete their share purchase and that then meant the selling price wasnt met, what would happen then? Deal off, a mad scramble to wonga.com?

I can only see both the monetary value raised, and also the schemes technicalities, meaning that the idea is only likely to happen in a partial buyout from the next group who takeover at Ewood, as a method of securing the clubs future, and also giving additional funding to the new owners (who may not want to go down this route either).

Also someone mentioned you couldn't trade your shares. I beleive that is wrong.

Shares won't be able to be sold as the rules of the Community Trust will prevent that. The good reason is that it will ensure that there can be no blocks of votes accumulated. This is about protecting the future of BRSIT against individuals taking control.

Cash will be held in escrow and will be returned if BRSIT is a dead end. There will be a return of 5% p.a. to be taken in goods/services from Rovers.

Mechanics of lodging the money should be straightforward. When the prospectus is issued I would expect the details to be made clear.

Shares won't be able to be sold as the rules of the Community Trust will prevent that. The good reason is that it will ensure that there can be no blocks of votes accumulated. This is about protecting the future of BRSIT against individuals taking control.

Cash will be held in escrow and will be returned if BRSIT is a dead end. There will be a return of 5% p.a. to be taken in goods/services from Rovers.

Mechanics of lodging the money should be straightforward. When the prospectus is issued I would expect the details to be made clear.

They need to update the FAQ on their website then.

How do I sell my BRSIT share?

As BRSIT Equity Shares are not listed, BRSIT proposes to hold a register of interested parties wishing to buy and sell shares up to the maximum 1% shareholding allowed per person.

The proposed share structure would be such that dividend returns cannot be separated from share ownership, i.e. A share cannot be transferred to a third party without also transferring all other rights including ownership of the Equity Share.

Archived