BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Relegation Analysis

The article below is a superb analysis of why Rovers were relegated, it uses factual information to dispell the many myths that Kean has tried to create (ie Rovers play passing football)and shows to me why he is a totally incompetent manager who will get us relegated again:

Rovers: A Receipe For Relegation

Well done to the EPL Index for a fantastic piece.

I can't find a statistic for 'the number of entries into the opposition penalty area' though.

The content and statistics in the article would embarrass any proper football manager but we know that is something that the imposter clearly isn't.

• Backroom

Wish somebody would hand that to Kean at a press conference and ask him his opinion. Then again he'd probably just babble about "being positive".

An excellent article though as it brings together most of what the fans have been trying to put across to the media - that we hate Kean for his terrible management skills as much as his personality - and backs it up with stats.

I've known Nick & Gags that run EPL index for a whilel (they use my former company's tech), but I didn't know they were working on this article.

Their stuff is normally excellent and It's a shame that now we've been relegated, this is almost certainly the last Rovers article they'll do.

Well KEANSCUM, Spin that if you can.

We all now know what your'e trying to do, your'e an imposter of the highest order, clueless and hopeless, incompetent and imbecilic, inept and a god damned liar to boot.

Read it and digest you clown.

KEANSCUM OUT

These stats have obviously been spiked by some of our fans. :angry2:

"So there you have it Madame D, I'm afraid it's all the work of that terrible 1% again... No, there's nothing to worry about.... yep, I love you too. See you soon, yep, bye.... Bye...."

....All sorted Aggers!! Break out the champers..."

The whole article is spot-on and finally someone has the stats to back up what the fans have been saying all season (i know i have). This should be emailed to every single football pundit and expert commenting on the premier league. Matter of fact, someone should really hire these guys.

This buries the perception that blackburn played good attacking football, despite impressing with their goal tally.

"Looking at the passes in and into the final third of the pitch highlights arguably the most damning statistic of all this season. With 4,281 passes in the final third, Rovers have attempted the 3rd fewest, but when considering that 13% of those passes – the most of any player in the squad – have been completed by one player, and that player is the goalkeeper, this presents cause for concern.

Paul Robinson’s 555 passes into the final third go a long way to explaining how Blackburn ended the season with the lowest number of completed final third passes of 2,269. Robinson’s passing accuracy in 2011/12 was just 26%, the lowest of any player in the league to have attempted 100 passes or more, and 12% lower than his nearest rival for the unwanted position of least accurate passer, Bolton’s Adam Bogdan who completed 38% of his passes. This is in stark contrast to Swansea’s Michel Vorm who completed 71% of his passes, a league high for a goalkeeper, and puts Robinson well below the average for Premier League goalkeepers of 52%.

Such a direct approach illustrates how the plans Steve Kean laid out upon his appointment as the permanent Rovers manager have not come to fruition. “I’d like to see us a little more dynamic in the wide areas, add some pace and a few more passes, because I feel if you are going to exploit a team you don’t always need to be so direct,” Kean had said after signing his long-term contract in January 2011, but the statistics demonstrate that the long ball approach has not disappeared under his stewardship."

Poor old Paul Robinson left with no option but to hoofball it up to lone striker victim Yakubu because if robinson passes it short the ball usually end up coming back to him again. How yakubu maintained motivation to get the goals he did with the lack of support he got from his teammates really is some kind of a miracle.

"Blackburn’s low levels of possession coupled with an inability to regain possession in dangerous areas kept chance creation to a minimum this season. Rovers created the second fewest chances (307), behind Stoke (271) who were the league’s lowest scorers having averaged less than a goal a game in scoring 36 goals this season, leaving both sides considerably below the league average 407 chances created."

This is a club who had only two defensive minded midfielders in the squad (not even steve kean could have counted grella as part of the squad at any point) and petrovic had what? 10 starts? The great thinkers decision to employ allardyce tactics with attacking minded players in the hunt for a clean sheet is so bad i cant even find an adjective to describe it right now.

I need a beer after reading this.

The article below is a superb analysis of why Rovers were relegated, it uses factual information to dispell the many myths that Kean has tried to create (ie Rovers play passing football)and shows to me why he is a totally incompetent manager who will get us relegated again:

Rovers: A Receipe For Relegation

Well done to the EPL Index for a fantastic piece.

That is a good piece.

And yet some idiots will still claim that we play better football than under Sam's reign, despite black & white evidence showing exactly the opposite...

That is a good piece.

And yet some idiots will still claim that we play better football than under Sam's reign, despite black & white evidence showing exactly the opposite...

I'd love to see someone come up with the stats for both just to complete the destruction of the Big Sam percentage football vs SK passing game myth. Big Sam organised his team well. The fact he'd worked out that free kicks, corners and set plays often result in goals and how best to utilise that and capitalise on it just meant people concentrated on that part of the game. People always see what they want to see.

If Venky's can't see that the complete incompetence of the man THEY put in charge and they idiotic decisions THEY took is the direct reason for the relegation of the club then history WILL repeat itself. They've done the same things over and over already with the same results. What does that tell you about who they are?

I await the Premier League and the Football Association and the result of their investigation post the brilliant work by a significant few on here and elsewhere...

Archived