BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nuno Gomes

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His biggest asset is his awareness of whats around him and thus his speed of thought, he is a far better player than one may think, you need to see the lad week in week out to appreciate just how good he is!!

Equal to that is the quality of his finishing. Every strike has been top drawer.

He was a favourite player of mine many years ago but I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm relieved that it looks like he will be a success. We're very lucky to have a player like him at this level.

Looks a class above and Kean is managing him well by taking him off with 20 mins to go when he starts.

He might be 36 but he looks fit and sharp.

The quality of the league is so poor that I don't see why not.

On a related note - I've just watched the highlights. First Rovers coverage I've seen all year. Those shirts are still ###### - glad that in the future, once we've been able to wipe the Venky stain clean, we'll be able to identify their reign by the halved kits.

We should keep the halved kits until they've gone, then go back to the beautiful quartered ones.

He's been fine so far. Let's not forget the fella is 36 years old, it's highly unlikely he'll be able to keep this going for the entire season. Keep your expectations at a reasonable level.

Must admit - I would consider resting him for the game on Tuesday - give Rochina a start and safe Gomes for Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived