Best

Squad:

Kean

Dann

Petrovic, Lowe

Nunes, Dunn, Marcus Olsson, Morris

Goodwillie, Nuno Gomes

Based on the assumption that we sell:

Robinson, Martin Olsson, Formica and Nzonzi.

I think we would still need a left back, centre back and maybe another squad midfielder on loan.

I do think Nuno Gomes on a 2 year deal would be excessive, his body is on the decline, although to be fair you only have to look at Kevin Phillips to show if you have the brains and you look after yourself, you can bag goals in the Championship.

To be honest looking at that really shows how threadbare our squad is.

Morris, Nunes and Silva are all untested and thats before people start mentioning the likes of Slew, Blackman, Fernandez, Cotton and Raheem Henley.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd play with that squad:

Bunn

Orr Dann (for now) Hanley Henley

Vukcevic Murphy Silva Nunes

Best Rochina

Subs: Kean, New CB, Morris, Petrovic, Marcus Olsson, Goodwillie, Nuno Gomes

A lot of games though so would alternate quite a bit.......still have Lowe, Dunn and others in squad......team could be shuffled accordingly with Rochina and Vukcevic being able to play in other positions......would be optimistic with a half decent manager.

I spoke to a couple of Sporting Lisbon fans today by chance and they really like that Adrien Silva, they both want him to stay. But it was only briefly in a queue so didn't talk much....not getting my hopes up about him though.

I actually really like that team, would be pretty happy with that to start the campaign.

I would like to see Formica stay and play him on the right and have Vuckevic on the left though.

Morris, Nunes and Silva are all untested and thats before people start mentioning the likes of Slew, Blackman, Fernandez, Cotton and Raheem Henley.

That is a valid point but at the end of the day everyone is untested at some point. Morris in the 2/3 times I've seen him looked pretty good, Silva seems to be quite highly rated and Nunes we will have to wait and see but I think he has played for Portugal Under 20s or something like that.

Slew I presume had done enough for us to sign him in the first place, Blackman is gash, and the 3 youngsters apparently impressed for the Reserves/U18s.......not that it guarantees anything but better than nothing I suppose. And isn't Cotton the new Steven Gerrard?

I really hope that by some miracle we keep Formica and n'zonzi... And maybe olsson too... Add the signings now and a defender and we are looking solid! Venkys should be trying keep players happy!

Olsson, givet, Formica and n'zonzi should all be in talks with the club about going forward as rovers players!

Official Sky Sports News on twitter have just tweeted thatGomes is having his medical today. Good signing if he can use his experience and intelligence to help the players around him. Bad signing if he is here for some extra cash before retiring.

Hopefully he will prove to be a useful player for us. Just a shame he isn't a few years younger.

I really hope that by some miracle we keep Formica and n'zonzi... And maybe olsson too... Add the signings now and a defender and we are looking solid! Venkys should be trying keep players happy!

Olsson, givet, Formica and n'zonzi should all be in talks with the club about going forward as rovers players!

We will only be solid if the team is set up and organised correctly, I have grave doubts that Kean is able to do that, however, if someone else was organising the team and tactics, we wouldnt have been relegated!!

Bunn

Orr Hanley Givet Henley

Murphy SIlva

Vukcevic Rochina Pedersen

Best

Squad:

Kean

Dann

Petrovic, Lowe

Nunes, Dunn, Marcus Olsson, Morris

Goodwillie, Nuno Gomes

My team would be:

Bunn

Henley Hanley Dann Givet

Rochina Murphy New CM (Gosling?) Pedersen

Best New Striker

Squad: Orr, Lowe, Dunn, New LB, Silva, Nunes, Goodwillie, Kean, Petrovic, Gomes, Vuckevic, New CB

Name 10 better 20 year old midfielders in the country? Now name 5 who would still be at Rovers in the Championship. I bet you can't

Look around the Chelsea/Liverpool/Man utd/Man City/Arsenal academies - just for starters, and you'll find more than ten.

Don't think you would considering our youth and reserve team has had the better of thers the last few years. Why would Liverpool play spearing if they had someone better than Lowe in academy?

Don't think you would considering our youth and reserve team has had the better of thers the last few years. Why would Liverpool play spearing if they had someone better than Lowe in academy?

Because Spearing is a better midfielder than Lowe. Don't confuse academy success with quality of individuals. We got to one FA youth final and didn't see one single player make it into the first team.

A waste of money, i feel. He will still be on wages that a championship side can ill-afford. But, he will have a great impact on the players and his experience will do the likes of slew and goodwillie a world of good. He has probably been brought as an impact sub who can be played after 60 mins. He would also sell quite a few shirts,i assume. Finally, one 'known' name to have on the back of the shirt.

Official Sky Sports News on twitter have just tweeted thatGomes is having his medical today. Good signing if he can use his experience and intelligence to help the players around him. Bad signing if he is here for some extra cash before retiring.

Hopefully he will prove to be a useful player for us. Just a shame he isn't a few years younger.

He aint coming cheap !

It's like Rovers are using monopoly money !

Kamy said squad player / money. Hmmm !

He aint coming cheap !

It's like Rovers are using monopoly money !

Kamy said squad player / money. Hmmm !

I'd imagine he's coming cheap if you tell me he is not you plucking facts out the air like your privvy to all the deals yet not of your inside info ever comes of weird that. Who to belive you or Kammy it's not really hard is it.

Based on our conversations Kamy is very certain that Gomes is coming on fairly cheap and sensible wages. No reason to not believe him and if that is the case then it is worth a gamble. He'll bring some experience to our frontline, may help with the development of a couple of our younger strikers and may also help the two other new Portuguese players to feel at home (and possibly even the likes of Vukcevic and our Spanish speakers).

Archived