SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nuno Gomes

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nuno scoring at Braga last season.

NUNOGOMES7.jpg

Nuno is a very fit man who take care of himself. I think he can be very useful if signed. Portuguise players is very fit in general and he scored 6 goals last season for Braga. I would love to see this guy in a rovers shirt.

Will we see this celebrations at Ewood?

What chance would this 36 year old have in the hurly burly of The Championship when Braga think he can no longer hack it in the more 'gentle and leisurely' Portugese league !?!?

We are told it takes months for foreign imports to get used to the pace of the English game. Kean homself has said this about Ribeiro, Simon & Petro.

When will the Ewood clowns ever feckin learn.

Murphy is rumoured to be on high wages and presumably Gomes would be too so why are they being looked at after bloody good players on high wages were jettisoned last season to save money and whose departure were one of the main reasons we were relegated ?

Also, those two have a combined age of 71 so what happened to Mrs D's stated policy of grooming talented young players to be sold on at enormous profits ?

I wouldn't recomend this signing.

Before he left for Braga, he was a sub in Benfica and in Braga ended up being one too.

His last 3 years:

2011/12 - 29 games, 6 goals, 3 assists, 1093 minutes

2010/11 - 10 games, 5 goals, 2 assists, 119 minutes

2009/10 - 23 games, 4 goals, 2 assists, 600 minutes

I guess he is just too old now...

Murphy is rumoured to be on high wages and presumably Gomes would be too so why are they being looked at after bloody good players on high wages were jettisoned last season to save money and whose departure were one of the main reasons we were relegated ?

Also, those two have a combined age of 71 so what happened to Mrs D's stated policy of grooming talented young players to be sold on at enormous profits ?

Murphy in my opinion is OK, Gomez would not be, wrong position for an aging player and 6 goals last year is a poor return, we need pace and vibrancy up front and a 15 - 20 goal a season striker along with a good target man to play the lads in, Billy Sharpe at Champ Level would be a decent signing, scores goals and leads the line well, 100% player too!

Would be pleased with this signing. I suspect he is being brought in as a 'name' to help attract other players to the club. Could be a decent sub though.

We already had a 'name' but he was disgracefully frozen out of the club - what is the point of bringing in someone else at the same level, and presumably on similar money, only for the same maltreatment and mismanagement to happen again? It would just be buffoonery of the highest order... :wstu:

Nuno Gomes used to be a good player and I would have been excited to sign him 5 or 6 years ago. The latter years of his career, his production has really dropped off. Not that I care that much while Steve Kean still infects the club with his presence.

What chance would this 36 year old have in the hurly burly of The Championship when Braga think he can no longer hack it in the more 'gentle and leisurely' Portugese league !?!?

We are told it takes months for foreign imports to get used to the pace of the English game. Kean homself has said this about Ribeiro, Simon & Petro.

When will the Ewood clowns ever feckin learn.

they've harped on about young players + have already signed a 35 year old now looking at a 36 year un prolific Portugese striker WTF didn't they keep last seasons high earners Nelson , etc...nothing makes sense at Rovers anymore + won't until Kean/venkys have gone !

Yakubu was hardly a unanimous pick for striker last season, yet he got 17 PL goals.

I think one thing that we lacked last season was experience. In Murphy and Gomes you'd certainly have plenty of top level, Champions League and International experience.

Archived