BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Cork City - 12Th August 2012

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that is the case then we have no chance whatsoever.

The realisation is that the squad we have is poor and the manager we have is poor. People are also underestimating how competitive, physical and mentally demanding this league is to play in.

I do not think we have a chance, only because of the manager and the off the field situations. Other teams will have much bigger spirit than us with not particularly stronger squads.

But then again which current Championship team has a squad like that ?

Stock answer is NOT one of them has a set of class players that will go onto greater things.

Rovers, have a chance but ONLY if and when KEANSCUM is gone.

I'll be honest I have no idea but I imagine that there are squads with up and coming talent that outsiders like us are unaware of. I knew very little of the players at Swansea, Norwich and QPR the season they all got themselves promoted but they were good enough with only minimal additions to stay in the Premier League last year.

But you are right. Whilst dickwad is in charge it's all irrelevant anyway.

I must say after hearing and reading up on todays performance I only hope Mark Bunn gets fit soon.

This is the 2nd mistake Robbo has made in pre-season if it wasn't for him we would have had a clean sheet.

For me he is not confident when collecting the ball he parries more than he does to collect and for me in this very demanding league I think he will be found out.

Good points are Richards looks to be coming good by all accounts he scored 2 good goals and was superb.

Does anyone know if there will be highlights on rovers player.

The realisation is that the squad we have is poor and the manager we have is poor. People are also underestimating how competitive, physical and mentally demanding this league is to play in.

The squad isn't poor it's just the manager makes it look poor.....we just need a couple of defenders, one as back up, and another striker.......with a new manager it's not like we'd walk the division but Wolves are about to lose Jarvis and Fletcher so have a look at the other team's squads who will be battling promotion and you couldn't say any of them are that much stronger than ours.

Vukcevic, Givet, Rochina, Murphy and even Hanley would walk into any team in the division. Probably Formica, Robinson and Kazim as well. I presume Olsson is leaving.

Which Championship players would get into our team? Barring strikers and left backs? Bellamy. Whittingham maybe? Ambrose? Vicente? Tom Ince? Zaha? Redmond? McGugan was good a couple of seasons ago, not sure if he still is. A few of the Bolton players who haven't left yet eg Holden, Mark Davies and the Korean guy, Lee Chung-Yong I think it is. A lot of them are wide players and I would be perfectly happy with Vukcevic and Kazim playing there.

Even out of the strikers, how many will be that far ahead of Best, if any.....although now he's out for ages. Don't know that that much about a lot of C'ship teams but I wouldn't call our squad poor for the Championship.....come 10 to 5 on Saturday it will certainly look that though.....I think people underestimate the manager's influence on the team.

Exactly, perhaps some people are too young to remember 1999 or maybe forgotten.

This is why it's all the more infuriating to be starting the season with plank at the helm.

Talk about giving yourself a handicap.

Robbo 5/10: nothing to do all match, parry one half decent shot and allowed Cork to score, good communication apart from that

Lowe 6/10: played left back and didnt look comfortable to me, a lot of mis placed passes to Nunes. quiet game for Lowe

Orr 7.5/10: decent performance, nothing to do defensively and got forward well, great cross for Kazim Richards goal.

Givet and Dann 7/10: did well and got plenty of ball. Givet looked the more dominant defender but again not alot to do defensively

Nunes 7/10: not bad but sometimes took too much out of ball instead of putting in his cross when it was on, he is not interested in tracking back and tackling, this will have to improve to survive in the Champo

Gato 7.5/10: played right midfield and had some nice touches and passes, linked up well Orr throughout

Etuhu 7.5/10: looked big, strong and dominant, he will be a good holding midfielder for us this season.

Pedersen 6.5/10: although he scored a beautiful free kick his overall play wasnt too impressive, a few bad passes in mdfield would have gotten us in trouble against stronger opposition

Kazim-Richards 8/10: good performance, looked strong and demanded the ball. took his goals beautifully and showed that he is ready to be thrown straight in to the team. he was dead on his feet after 70 minutes so will have to work on his fitness

Nuno Gomes: 6/10 quieter game for the veteran but showed some nice touches and flicks, he never really troubled the goalkeeper and wasnt really in the game

Archived