BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 players transfer listed

chaddyrovers

So sell 'em. and then what?

Keep them they are under contract offer certin members who deserve it better terms and for the rest offer bonus related improvements conditional on the club getting back to the premiership.

Are you really advocating giving dann dunn and MGP their premiership wages back.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep them they are under contract offer certin members who deserve it better terms and for the rest offer bonus related improvements conditional on the club getting back to the premiership.

Are you really advocating giving dann dunn and MGP their premiership wages back.

:glare: Strewth

Have I said that....... anywhere?

But if yo

But at the end of the day my performances had put the business in huge trouble and the new employees were brought in to possibly save my company and help secure my future i might be more inclined to accept the situation.

Plus for many of these players i'd imagine what we are paying them is still of a level that other teams would not pay them after last years dismal performances.

So you agree that you would feel at least a little aggrieved?

I'm not saying the players are blameless, they certainly aren't, however if they agreed to a pay cut because otherwise the club was going under, then found out new starters were getting the going rate, then they have every right to not be happy. Best hasn't played a single minute of competitive action for Rovers, yet is getting premier league wages, whereas someone like Robbo has a pay cut. Imagine if Best turns out to be a Grella, is it still fair?

If they can prove they can get the money elsewhere, and we have the money then we should pay them the going rate.

So you agree that you would feel at least a little aggrieved?

I'm not saying the players are blameless, they certainly aren't, however if they agreed to a pay cut because otherwise the club was going under, then found out new starters were getting the going rate, then they have every right to not be happy. Best hasn't played a single minute of competitive action for Rovers, yet is getting premier league wages, whereas someone like Robbo has a pay cut. Imagine if Best turns out to be a Grella, is it still fair?

If they can prove they can get the money elsewhere, and we have the money then we should pay them the going rate.

They never agreed to it too save the club though it was part of there rewarding contracts that they all signed as i said give it to the deserving not to the ones who have not earned it. Had the club offered them no cuts but a lower premiership wage or the high wage with cuts a year ago which do you think they would have signed.

They never agreed to it too save the club though it was part of there rewarding contracts that they all signed as i said give it to the deserving not to the ones who have not earned it. Had the club offered them no cuts but a lower premiership wage or the high wage with cuts a year ago which do you think they would have signed.

I think the cut is what the club would have insisted on, I doubt we offered a lower wage option as you suggested.

Anyway we both agree on the principle, pay if they deserve it. My measure would be if they can prove they can get that wage elsewhere.

IMO, they've forfeited their right to that argument by virtue of the fact that they never revolted about it. Players always came out and supported the manager, and as far as we can tell, they never got together as a group and went to Venkys to say 'listen, this guy is a clown and we can't do our jobs properly, get shut will you?'

This kind of rebellion has happened against far better managers. But our players all made out like everything was hunky dory.

Fair point. Well made.

The huge problem i can see in all of this is if Kean twists this by telling the players he's all for them getting their money back but shebby is not having it therefore twisting it so the players are on his side in any eventual power struggle.

There is no easy answer to this, and I'm intrigued as to what people expected would have happened under the Trust. Wage reductions, we are led to believe, were applied across the board in contracts then. So, if we had been relegated under Ince, we wouldn't have signed anyone on higher than Championship wages? Then the clamour would have been how will we get promoted and stay up if we are buying championship players?

The one argument I can see is that Murphy is a better player than any of our midfiled last year under any manager, and he didn't get relegated either so why should he get paid the same as a player like MGP who he is better than in every aspect of the game?

There is no easy answer to this, and I'm intrigued as to what people expected would have happened under the Trust. Wage reductions, we are led to believe, were applied across the board in contracts then. So, if we had been relegated under Ince, we wouldn't have signed anyone on higher than Championship wages? Then the clamour would have been how will we get promoted and stay up if we are buying championship players?

I'm pretty certain that JW and the trustees would have had those relegation clauses inserted into the players contracts. At the end of the day, they protect the club to some degree from the prospect of immediate financial problems. What JW wouldn't have done, is what some posters on here would do. He wouldn't have held them to their contracts. JW always believed that it was unfair to hold a player at the club, if they could get more money elsewhere. I'm sure he would have negotiated as best he could with them, but if they weren't happy with their salaries he would have let them go assuming they [the players] could have got more money elsewhere.

He wasn't respected by managers and players alike because he was a nice man. He was a fair man IMO.

Does anyone know how much the wage cut is?

obviously its a clause in the contract they read very carefully before they signed, that shouldnt even be a question.

With swansea and norwich fresh in mind, one could argue you dont need premiership players to get promoted and stay up, no? Just a well run club and a manager with a good head on his shoulders.

Anyways, I totally agree with bluebruce´s statement, the players blamed themselves and not the manager so they should stick to their word. in a perfect world, right...?

I didn't even know he'd gone! Good goal, not sure why we let him go!

Because he got nowhere near first team reckoning, then we sold one striker but brought in three, looking at a third, with Blackman also leaving. I haven't seen enough of him to declare he is gash, but those who watch the ressies don't seem too impressed. He also didn't score in nine League One appearances for Stevenage on loan last season.

Hopefully he has a great loan spell at Oldham. Then we can either sell him for most of our money back, or maybe he will have what it takes to push for our first team after all.

Archived