BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 players transfer listed

chaddyrovers

According to Alan Nixon, MGP (amongst others) wants a payrise!

:lol: Nixon said this? Nixon, Kean's ally in the press?

I wonder who it was that first "broke" the story on Salgado's injury?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I presume relegation clauses have kicked in - and then they see players like Murphy and Bets coming in on Premiership wages - hardly surprising they are after more money. Unfortunately the knock on effect of paying daft wages to attract new players.

Alan is 100% on this one, it appears that a delegation of players went to see Shebby last week. They all want pay rises, their argument was that they had accepted pay cuts but with new signinings on Premier League wages then they should also get some sort of parity in terms of wages. This is actually a huge issue has it the kinda issue which can affect team morale/spirit and is something that Venky's need to sort out ASAP.

Alan is 100% on this one, it appears that a delegation of players went to see Shebby last week. They all want pay rises, their argument was that they had accepted pay cuts but with new signinings on Premier League wages then they should also get some sort of parity in terms of wages. This is actually a huge issue has it the kinda issue which can affect team morale/spirit and is something that Venky's need to sort out ASAP.

Well it had to happen, proven prem players such as Givet, Robbo, Pederson etc are not going to take this lightly!!

They accepted pay cuts ? Really ? Is the pay cuts not built into the contracts ?

So you are suggesting that Venkys should give the players that failed miserably last season a pay rise ?

MGP, Robbo, Dann and Dunn (I think he was mentioned but can't remember) were crap last season (as well as the manager,owners etc..) so if they want their Premier League wages back maybe they should concentrate on getting promotion and their wages will be adjusted accordingly.

I can't believe Dunn is one of those players either, he has only got one season left and he wants to move into coaching at Rovers after that. Why the hell would he demand a pay rise ?

I think Mr Nixon is is stirring it a bit.

They accepted pay cuts ? Really ? Is the pay cuts not built into the contracts ?

So you are suggesting that Venkys should give the players that failed miserably last season a pay rise ?

MGP, Robbo, Dann and Dunn (I think he was mentioned but can't remember) were crap last season (as well as the manager,owners etc..) so if they want their Premier League wages back maybe they should concentrate on getting promotion and their wages will be adjusted accordingly.

I can't believe Dunn is one of those players either, he has only got one season left and he wants to move into coaching at Rovers after that. Why the hell would he demand a pay rise ?

I think Mr Nixon is is stirring it a bit.

They are built into their contracts. I am not suggesting that Venky's should give them pay rises but players being players they aren't happy that they are on a lot less money than some of their new team mates, this kinda thing can only have a detremental effect on team morale/spirit which is already at a low after relegation.

They should just be offered a promotion pay rise to bring their wage back to the level it was on, or slightly more. Players like Pedersen consistently failed to perform last year and contributed to our relegation and don't deserve a pay rise for nothing.

They are built into their contracts. I am not suggesting that Venky's should give them pay rises but players being players they aren't happy that they are on a lot less money than some of their new team mates, this kinda thing can only have a detremental effect on team morale/spirit which is already at a low after relegation.

Yeah fair enough.

It just riles me when I hear about players wanting more money after relegation.

They should just be offered a promotion pay rise to bring their wage back to the level it was on, or slightly more. Players like Pedersen consistently failed to perform last year and contributed to our relegation and don't deserve a pay rise for nothing.

Players play to instructions, if they dont do as asked they are dropped, or should be, so the performances last year are down to one person, in my experience, if you are leaking goals, you make yourselves a solid unit from the back and through midfield, too often the balance was wrong and each game the organisation was extremely poor!!

• Backroom

This was always going to come up as a problem but it's their own fault, you sign a contract with certain clauses then you should take what comes with it, anything else happening is irelevent

The only one id make an effort to match up with the new players is Givet

i think all the players played below what they are able to do. That is down to Kean.

Kean being the manger created a bad atmosphere at the club, on and off the pitch. Pedersen can still takke a good corner and free kick. Is still a good striker of the ball. But for some reason - Kean / atmosphere or other reasons - is not doing so.

Getting rid of kean is the only way Rovers will have a good season this coming season. Better tactics etc, better atmosphere, better performance, would all be achieved by removing Kean.

Included in this is better financially wise for the club.

Venkys have made it clear they are staying, like it or not. It is Kean who needs to go.

But I do not trust venkys to appoint a decent replacement.

Those players were also the players that did not try hard enough! It was frustrating as a fan watching the game and seeing so many players sauntering back into position or backing out of challenges or even losing possession and just giving up! When a player is trying, you can tell likewise when they've given up... You can tell!

its sickening that they demand more money after getting the club relegated ( I know Kean plays a huge role in it). The players themselves though should be able to perform and at least give 100% even if the manager is crap. Cant say neither did that last season.

and they have a good argument Kamy. If there's no money for big wages, then there's no money for big wages for any player, that's the point.

It's simple to me. Rovers have caused problems by bringing in other players on big wages. They either pay the other lads a decent wage, or they let them go.

I'm sorry, but too many times I watched the players make numerous mistakes game after game: misplaced passes, lack of ingenuity, poor shooting. Players like Yakubu and Hoilett still managed to perform despite Kean, so there's no excuse for anyone else.

They are getting paid less now because they failed to perform when the club needed them most. On the other hand, players like Danny Murphy are getting the big wages because they showed last season they can do the business in their old clubs, and even in pre-season it sounds like they are far better performance-wise than the old guard.

I can understand they would be frustrated, but I hope we don't just throw contracts at them to make them happy. They should be handed conditional contracts with pay rises and bonuses if they help the club achieve promotion.

I'm sorry, but too many times I watched the players make numerous mistakes game after game: misplaced passes, lack of ingenuity, poor shooting. Players like Yakubu and Hoilett still managed to perform despite Kean, so there's no excuse for anyone else.

They are getting paid less now because they failed to perform when the club needed them most. On the other hand, players like Danny Murphy are getting the big wages because they showed last season they can do the business in their old clubs, and even in pre-season it sounds like they are far better performance-wise than the old guard.

I can understand they would be frustrated, but I hope we don't just throw contracts at them to make them happy. They should be handed conditional contracts with pay rises and bonuses if they help the club achieve promotion.

Then you should be prepared to sell more of our better players. Be prepared to replace them with more inexperienced, talentless youtube stars.

This is Venky's making, no-one elses.

Those players were also the players that did not try hard enough! It was frustrating as a fan watching the game and seeing so many players sauntering back into position or backing out of challenges or even losing possession and just giving up! When a player is trying, you can tell likewise when they've given up... You can tell!

So the players werent trying? who is that down to, wouldnt it be soul destroying if you were doing a job and the manager buggered it all up by poor decisions, personally, I would say, bugger it, whats the point.

Kean has to get the tactics right, selections and balance right and Motivate the players, thats a MANAGERS job, Kean cant do any of those things, as we say, its a Managers Job and Kean is certainly not a manager!!

So the players werent trying? who is that down to, wouldnt it be soul destroying if you were doing a job and the manager buggered it all up by poor decisions, personally, I would say, bugger it, whats the point.

Kean has to get the tactics right, selections and balance right and Motivate the players, thats a MANAGERS job, Kean cant do any of those things, as we say, its a Managers Job and Kean is certainly not a manager!!

It's like saying "Kelbo, we're sorry, but the company has had a really bad financial year, so we're taking the option of cutting your wages by 50%. Oh, by the way, we've checked it out and we're quite legally entitled to do this. Oh, and by the way again, there's a new guy starting tomorrow on twice your wages who you'll be working alongside. You'll be fine with that Kelbo, seeing that you contrubuted to the companies losses wont you?"

and they have a good argument Kamy. If there's no money for big wages, then there's no money for big wages for any player[/b], that's the point.

It's simple to me. Rovers have caused problems by bringing in other players on big wages. They either pay the other lads a decent wage, or they let them go.

My opinion differs from that. They were part of a team that got relegated last season so they should suffer the consequences. It's funny how many of the players last season were saying performance is down to the players and not just the manager yet when they get relegated they are not prepared to take a wage cut.

My opinion differs from that. They were part of a team that got relegated last season so they should suffer the consequences. It's funny how many of the players last season were saying performance is down to the players and not just the manager yet when they get relegated they are not prepared to take a wage cut.

So you have to sell them. As long as you're happy to do that, then no problems. Trouble is, the club don't want to sell them, yet still want to pay them substantially less than others.

and fans think that's fair? Glad they're not running the club.

It's like saying "Kelbo, we're sorry, but the company has had a really bad financial year, so we're taking the option of cutting your wages by 50%. Oh, by the way, we've checked it out and we're quite legally entitled to do this. Oh, and by the way again, there's a new guy starting tomorrow on twice your wages who you'll be working alongside. You'll be fine with that Kelbo, seeing that you contrubuted to the companies losses wont you?"

No it's not. Your point is completely different. You're saying: the company has had a really bad financial year, so we're taking the option of cutting your wages by 50%. Oh, by the way, we've checked it out and we're quite legally entitled to do this. Oh, and by the way again, there's a new guy starting tomorrow on twice your wages who you'll be working alongside.

Looking at your analogy, you're blaming nothing on the players for their part in the financial losses and you fail to mention that they signed a contract which stipulated that if there were financial losses then they would take a cut in wages.

1] Looking at your analogy, you're blaming nothing on the players for their part in the financial losses1

2] and you fail to mention that they signed a contract which stipulated that if there were financial losses then they would take a cut in wages.

1] You'll be fine with that Kelbo, seeing that you contrubuted to the companies losses wont you?

2] Oh, by the way, we've checked it out and we're quite legally entitled to do this

So would you sell them dubdubdub? Where does that get us in our attempt to get back into the PL at the first attempt? More youtube kids?

1] You'll be fine with that Kelbo, seeing that you contrubuted to the companies losses wont you?

2] Oh, by the way, we've checked it out and we're quite legally entitled to do this

So would you sell them dubdubdub? Where does that get us in our attempt to get back into the PL at the first attempt? More youtube kids?

How much can you rely on those who got us relegated in the first place (Kean aside here)? I do think we need to keep hold of Givet at all costs but you can't just meet the terms of one person or that'll cause even more unrest with the other players. Personally I would try to keep them happy with some sort of incentive or big bonus if they won us promotion or a wage increase on X date if we were top three or something.

I can see where you're coming from in terms of keeping our experienced players but I still maintain that they played their part in getting us relegated and they knew the terms of their contracts.

It isn't like other relegated clubs won't have done the same.

Archived