BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sponsor?

I wonder if the LT article is actually a "Come and sponsor us" plea. Everyone in the article is positive and a businessman reading the paper version without online comment may be fooled into thinking its a good idea.

For the life of me I still can't get my head around what good it does to tear down branding and advertisement boards that haven't been renewed, its almost like no attempts have been made to keep hold of customers. Sure if the situation was unresolvable but surely local businesses wanted to be part of the club to start with, we now have a stadium with blank white boards everywhere. Even a board with a number to call and "Your company name here" would have been more sensible.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rovers4Good

Would love Wild to come out publicly and give his forth right opinions on why WEC have pulled out...both barrels and dont hold back!

I am led to believe Agnew stated that 'Season ticket sales were not as bad as predicted and corporate sponsorship was healthy'.

They basically think we are fookin idiots.

I think he answered this earlier in the season when he said he'd tried to contact Venky's about the sad state of affairs only to be ingored. :( Good going for the main sponser of the club. Sad sad times ahead :(

Tom, you make some good points but feel you are missing the bigger picture. All the above points would mean that people running the club at whatever level were interested in the future of Blackburn Rovers. As is evident with the list of characters involved in the club there are interests being looked after but it's certainly not the club. Sponsors will ask questions obviously as their brand is associated with it, like WEC did last year and from what W Wild has mentioned on twitter that is something the certain people in the club structure do not want.

Just two years ago we had people who could deliver the required in the interests of Blackburn Rovers , these people were dismissed for whatever reason will eventually become apparent as will the list of appointments.

Sadly you are correct, it just astonishes me how much money is being thrown away and more importantly relationships with local sponsors that will most likely never return. The grand plan probably benefits someone but not the football club or its supporters.

Andy I pretty much said what you have written , the paper has chosen to mis quote . They asked my opinion and I told them its really sad that sponsors , corporates and supporters are being put last by the regime , that this loss of revenue is worrying to the tune that the clubs financial position is being gambled with complete contempt to the supporter base .

Unfortunately I didnt write the article and have no control in what he prints , the whole situation stinks . Having spoke to wayne the time line of events leading to the partnership ending, only points to one thing , that's corruption at the highest order

apologies for preaching to the converted then!

scandalous behaviour from the paper.

Andy I pretty much said what you have written , the paper has chosen to mis quote . They asked my opinion and I told them its really sad that sponsors , corporates and supporters are being put last by the regime , that this loss of revenue is worrying to the tune that the clubs financial position is being gambled with complete contempt to the supporter base .

Unfortunately I didnt write the article and have no control in what he prints , the whole situation stinks . Having spoke to wayne the time line of events leading to the partnership ending, only points to one thing , that's corruption at the highest order

apologies for preaching to the converted then!

scandalous behaviour from the paper.

I had the same question Andy.

Why would the LET choose to quote what they did?

I had the same question Andy.

Why would the LET choose to quote what they did?

If the paper has deliberatly misquoted Glen. Questions have to be asked why. It is about time the LT turned the heat on to Agnew.

There was not a chance that venkys would have renewed wec sponsorship. Afterall Wayne Wild has spoken out against them - his letter to them would have been taken by them, as a demand - has played a role in the brist idea is always linked with the publicity with regards that. So WEC would not of been considered by venkys for a renewal of the sponsorship.

Well maybe I can shed some light on this first off

Abbey Wrote: You believed MG because .......?

That is my exact point Abs what I'm saying it is hard to believe what MG says because he confidently said we had a shirt sponsor months ago now we are in the season nothing has happened that is why I stated it was telling his absence from these boards since the season began suggests only one thing and my opinion will not change until he says something that turns out right just my opinion.

I also have to agree with Glen the whole thing stinks of corruption of the highest order.

The story I have heard and read on someone's timeline is apparently a senior source at the club got in touch with Wayne Wild and stated that between the Bull******* & Aggers they no longer wanted the club to be associated with the WEC Group,because of the way Wayne Wild criticised the owners and the quite ludicrous backing of the clown.

I then wrote an email to the Football League stating the manager & operations director should have no input into who the corporate and stand sponsors of the club and something is wrong that needs looking into. Which they replied I should email the club so as basically saying if there is wrongdoing we won't do nothing about it.

As Glen states the whole thing in this matter stinks of corruption of the highest order.

The only thing I keep hoping for is that one day coco gets struck down by lightning but then again I am more likely to see pigs fly outside my flat!.

I also stated to the FL Kean's role at the club needs looking into.

Well maybe I can shed some light on this first off

Abbey Wrote: You believed MG because .......?

That is my exact point Abs what I'm saying it is hard to believe what MG says because he confidently said we had a shirt sponsor months ago now we are in the season nothing has happened that is why I stated it was telling his absence from these boards since the season began suggests only one thing and my opinion will not change until he says something that turns out right just my opinion.

I also have to agree with Glen the whole thing stinks of corruption of the highest order.

The story I have heard and read on someone's timeline is apparently a senior source at the club got in touch with Wayne Wild and stated that between the Bull******* & Aggers they no longer wanted the club to be associated with the WEC Group,because of the way Wayne Wild criticised the owners and the quite ludicrous backing of the clown.

I then wrote an email to the Football League stating the manager & operations director should have no input into who the corporate and stand sponsors of the club and something is wrong that needs looking into. Which they replied I should email the club so as basically saying if there is wrongdoing we won't do nothing about it.

As Glen states the whole thing in this matter stinks of corruption of the highest order.

The only thing I keep hoping for is that one day coco gets struck down by lightning but then again I am more likely to see pigs fly outside my flat!.

I also stated to the FL Kean's role at the club needs looking into.

Where is the corruption about having no sponsor. Unless somebody is deliberatly devaluing the club so they can buy it on the cheap. Which would raise another question. Who?

Towards the end of last season, whilst sitting in the Blackburn End, I counted the number of empty hoardings, ie. spaces where advertising used to be - there were eleven.

This season, from my new Jack Walker Upper vantage point, I spotted countless empty spaces. In addition to the absence of WEC plastered all over the Darwen End, every advertising spot, with the exception of Forbes Solicitors, was missing from the front roof edge of the Riverside. Then there were the others missing from every stand at ground level. Incredible!

For some reason it's always something I look at when I visit Turf Moor, where to the best of my knowledge their advertising space round the ground always appears to be 'full.' Last time I was there was for the Rovers game in the top flight but I would like to bet that there has been little fall off since. Perhaps Longsiders or someone could advise.

The lack of a shirt sponsor is also criminal. India, one of the most up and coming countries in the world with a population bettered by only China and we can't find a suitable company prepared to part with any brass.

According to todays LT the club is currently in talks with a few companies about the shirt & stand sponsorships.

Agnew basically saying they have to keep the value in the shirt sponsorship, i.e. rather not sell it than sell it for pennies

FFS Hughsey, I hope that you do not believe a word of the twaddle that comes from this clowns (Aggers) mouth?

Towards the end of last season, whilst sitting in the Blackburn End, I counted the number of empty hoardings, ie. spaces where advertising used to be - there were eleven.

The lack of a shirt sponsor is also criminal. India, one of the most up and coming countries in the world with a population bettered by only China and we can't find a suitable company prepared to part with any brass.

Why would ANY company want to spend any money sponsoring what is effectively a toxic organisation?

One thing which really gets me ANGRY. When Agnew came out with the rubbish about protecting the brand. Why doesn't someone from the press ask:

What do you think Venky's and Kean have done to the brand? And push the point?

For some reason some idiot in a football club says a big corporate sounding word and everyone goes all weak at the knees.

Corporate brand is an intangible. That is the difference between what you physically have and what you could sell your company for. Venky's effectively got the club for about £43m I think - I'd guess about £5m more that it's assets. At the moment it would cost £50million to put the club back to where it was when Sam and JW left. That means it's worth about -£5m, because that's what I would want to take it over and get it working properly again. The brand probably has absolutely NO VALUE with these in charge at the moment.

But WHY doesn't someone put this to the muppet when he comes out with such inane rubbish. The LET should put a business journalist on this.

Worryingly, could mean we are technically insolvent?

Other than locals doing it for love, Venky's would now have to pay a "buyer" to take Rovers off their hands.

Yes, I think that possibly might now be the case - do you see it that way too? In effect sell it for less than it's worth or just capitalise on the assets and shut up shop - this would be cheaper for them.

Why would ANY company want to spend any money sponsoring what is effectively a toxic organisation?

Well, I agree where sponsorship takes the form of executive boxes in the Blackburn End for example or tables in the restaurants. Here there is a direct link with the Rovers and with the current regime it is easy to see why there has been a dramatic decline over the last couple of seasons.

A more indirect form of sponsorship would be advertising space around the stadium and shirt sponsorship itself. Yes, the link is again the Rovers but, more importantly, the means to getting a brand seen in front of thousands down at Ewood or possibly millions on national/international tv.

The point I was making with regard to shirt sponsorship is that this falls into the latter category and we should have been able to attract someone by now, especially a sponsor from the Indian subcontinent. When Venky's first bought into the club they should have had marketing strategies in place from day one which just shows how clueless and incompetent they have been over this period.

• 2 weeks later...

So are we going to be the only team on FIFA without a shirt sponsor or will there be some other teams in the Conference without?

Rumours that something was close about 3 weeks ago but now seems to have gone a bit quiet !

Venky's ?

According to Charles Sale writing in the Daily Mail yesterday -

'Blackburn Rovers, who have not yet found a shirt sponsor this season, will further alienate their dwindling number of fans if they approve a proposal to put their unloved Indian ownership company Venky's name on the kit'.

This could lead to the worst possible outcome -

further degradation for Rovers by even closer association with the loathed Venky's brand;

the nightmare prospect for fans of seeing the repulsive name every time they look at a Rovers player;

and Venky's not even paying the club for the privilege.

I'm still puzzled we went with Prince's Trust last year rather than Venky's, even more now with the empty shirt. What if not a marketing tool Rovers is for the Venky's? Why not put their name in to the most visible place if they really can't find anyone to pay for the privilege.

Venky's ?

According to Charles Sale writing in the Daily Mail yesterday -

'Blackburn Rovers, who have not yet found a shirt sponsor this season, will further alienate their dwindling number of fans if they approve a proposal to put their unloved Indian ownership company Venky's name on the kit'.

This could lead to the worst possible outcome -

further degradation for Rovers by even closer association with the loathed Venky's brand;

the nightmare prospect for fans of seeing the repulsive name every time they look at a Rovers player;

and Venky's not even paying the club for the privilege.

To be fair, I'm not sure how we can be even closer associated - considering we are owned by the Venky brand.

Also, by the owners (or the Venky company) not shelling out elsewhere for sponsorship then they/we are saving money...in an odd kind of way. Also, in an odder kind of way, it's a better scenario than when our previous owners sposored Birmingham and effectively strengthened their finances, rather than strangling ours.

Owners can't be the main shirt sponsor in the premier league, not sure how this works in the rest of the legue

I think this is a myth. Isn't Etihad Sheik Monsoor's company?

Archived