BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

Ruined more by the 'Kean in' brigade more like Glenn. As has the entire club. Relegation targetted and missed first time around but achieved easily at the second attempt, favourites players and capable staff sold or dispensed with and replaced by chancers and ne'er do wells. The support base and all round goodwill that Walker and Williams strove so hard to develop over the biggest part of a generation has been virtually destroyed inside 18 months. We are being systematically destroyed by the owners.... whoever they may be. Why and for what purposes suprisingly is still not clear.

I don't go to Ewood anymore. The heart has been ripped out of the club and I feel little affinity with the whole shabang but I can tell you it certainly isn't down to the 'Kean Out' brigade!

No and I think the vast majority are feel the same because frankly the people I talk to are still going to games, they're just moaning about it. I'm certainly not blaming our current predicament on people shouting Kean Out.

I have been walking to work mentally preparing a response on how calling fans who choose not to indulge in Kean Out chants as 'Kean In Brigade' isr very detrimental to the cause, but I now see you're referring to those close to him who help keep in the position, not the fans. But there does seem to be an element who try to vilify those who aren't 100% behind the method-de-jour to see him removed and label them an sympathisers and it's that division that's hurting the fan base and strengthening Team SK.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No and I think the vast majority are feel the same because frankly the people I talk to are still going to games, they're just moaning about it. I'm certainly not blaming our current predicament on people shouting Kean Out.

I have been walking to work mentally preparing a response on how calling fans who choose not to indulge in Kean Out chants as 'Kean In Brigade' isr very detrimental to the cause, but I now see you're referring to those close to him who help keep in the position, not the fans. But there does seem to be an element who try to vilify those who aren't 100% behind the method-de-jour to see him removed and label them an sympathisers and it's that division that's hurting the fan base and strengthening Team SK.

the "sympathisers" are caught between a rock and a hard place, supporting the club but hateing coco, the solution is to find a way for them to join up to the coco out section without them feeling they are not supporting BRFC, I say BRFC deliberately trying seperate our club from the Venkies

Just as a side issue, I had a dream last night that I won the Euro millions, bought the club for 40m, walked, didn't drive, walked to Ewood and sacked those ***** Agnew and Kean, brought Williams and Finn back in and put the word out I wanted Hughes back as manager.

Hughes is considering the job as I type this :tu:

That's not what i'm finding Glenn.

The 'just get behind t'lads' brigade may be struggling to get to grips with the new reality- look at Hughesy- however the long standing fans I come across daily (who are refusing to renew in large numbers) have issues with VenKean and them alone.

I guess we just mix in different circles. It was one of the reasons I started the 'renewal' poll. From reading the forum, you'd expect only a handful of people to be renewing, but I knew the vast majority of people I see regularly at games were renewing. Likewise when I ask them why they no longer post on here it's a regular response that we've become over run by militant protesters and anyone not agreeing with whatever the current favoured tactic is (chants, protests, boycotts) are shouted down and shredded. Just look at Hughsey, Spark, Mum, all loyal fans, who regularly get torn apart for disagring with the mob, despite, as far as I know, none of them wants SK as manager either! I was asked in Dublin if I was now part of the action group as we've obviously positioned the forum as 'pro protest' which was real news to me, as we pride ourselves on giving everyone a voice.

Team SK doesn't need to instigate a divide and conquer campaign to destablise the efforts to remove SK, the fans are doing quite nicely on their own.

the "sympathisers" are caught between a rock and a hard place, supporting the club but hateing coco, the solution is to find a way for them to join up to the coco out section without them feeling they are not supporting BRFC, I say BRFC deliberately trying seperate our club from the Venkies

That's exactly what I'm getting at, but if I put it so bluntly I'd be asked 'how then' and I don't have that answer yet, but I'm hoping it will fall out of some debate.

I guess we just mix in different circles. It was one of the reasons I started the 'renewal' poll. From reading the forum, you'd expect only a handful of people to be renewing, but I knew the vast majority of people I see regularly at games were renewing. Likewise when I ask them why they no longer post on here it's a regular response that we've become over run by militant protesters and anyone not agreeing with whatever the current favoured tactic is (chants, protests, boycotts) are shouted down and shredded. Just look at Hughsey, Spark, Mum, all loyal fans, who regularly get torn apart for disagring with the mob, despite, as far as I know, none of them wants SK as manager either! I was asked in Dublin if I was now part of the action group as we've obviously positioned the forum as 'pro protest' which was real news to me, as we pride ourselves on giving everyone a voice.

Team SK doesn't need to instigate a divide and conquer campaign to destablise the efforts to remove SK, the fans are doing quite nicely on their own.

That's exactly what I'm getting at, but if I put it so bluntly I'd be asked 'how then' and I don't have that answer yet, but I'm hoping it will fall out of some debate.

That used to be the attraction of this MB, debate

Just as a side issue, I had a dream last night that I won the Euro millions, bought the club for 40m, walked, didn't drive, walked to Ewood and sacked those ***** Agnew and Kean, brought Williams and Finn back in and put the word out I wanted Hughes back as manager.

Hughes is considering the job as I type this :tu:

Oddly I had virtually the same dream (except I bought Gary Neville's house as it's a long walk from Leeds to Ewood) and the personel I replaced would probably not have been the same. I suspect we weren't the only two.

Silly as I don't actually play the lottery.

That used to be the attraction of this MB, debate

I agree. Nothing upsets me more than hearing is the reason people don't post any more is other posters.

I have thought that for awhile.

I obviously don't agree with people who are anti-protest but each to his own.

What really grinds my gears is the 'do nothing' brigade who are happy to whinge and moan but ultimately do nothing to forcibly express their opinion.

And unfortunately, Blackburn Rovers has a plentiful supply of those.

I guess we just mix in different circles. It was one of the reasons I started the 'renewal' poll. From reading the forum, you'd expect only a handful of people to be renewing, but I knew the vast majority of people I see regularly at games were renewing.

Give it another six months under Steve...

imo Glenn the primary 'divide and conquer' incident began with the ill advised fans forum trip to Pune. You were all warned not to go because of the consequences and the politics but the lure of a free holiday must have proved too much. Ego's had no doubt been massaged by large dollops of flattery because certain comments and attitudes displayed smacked of elitism. To paraphrase Orwell in Animal Farm "all animals are equalI, but some are more equal than others". If members of the fans forum wanted a free jolly then they should not have pretended to represent the majority of supporters cos they damned well didn't!

Just 10 months later with a paltry 8000 ST's sold instead of double that number indicates that Neal is now getting his wish of sitting in an echoey draughty Ewood Park huddled with his brother* and a few thousand similarly minded 'grovellors' watching lower league football. He is welcome to it.

* btw just as a matter of interest has 'bro' renewed? :rock:

imo Glenn the primary 'divide and conquer' incident began with the ill advised fans forum trip to Pune. You were all warned not to go because of the consequences and the politics but the lure of a free holiday must have proved too much. Ego's had no doubt been massaged by large dollops of flattery because certain comments and attitudes displayed smacked of elitism. To paraphrase Orwell in Animal Farm "all animals are equalI, but some are more equal than others". If members of the fans forum wanted a free jolly then they should not have pretended to represent the majority of supporters cos they damned well didn't!

Just 10 months later with a paltry 8000 ST's sold instead of double that number indicates that Neal is now getting his wish of sitting in an echoey draughty Ewood Park huddled with his brother* and a few thousand similarly minded 'grovellors' watching lower league football. He is welcome to it.

* btw just as a matter of interest has 'bro' renewed? :rock:

You way may be right. although even in Pune, the overwhelming message we got across was the football club can't recover with SK at the club. I personally don't think the trip itself worsened the divide, but I certainly think some people's attitude and reaction to it did (as did some of the reported actions and words from people out there).

I still defend our decision to go. We thought we had a chance to change things. We thought explaining things face to face may work. It didn't, but at least we didn't miss the opotunity to try.

You way may be right. although even in Pune, the overwhelming message we got across was the football club can't recover with SK at the club. I personally don't think the trip itself worsened the divide, but I certainly think some people's attitude and reaction to it did (as did some of the reported actions and words from people out there).

I still defend our decision to go. We thought we had a chance to change things. We thought explaining things face to face may work. It didn't, but at least we didn't miss the opotunity to try.

And you got a free holiday.

And you got a free holiday.

At the time I ran my own (barely breaking even) company, I couldn't really afford the time away and I couldn't really afford the £500 in incidentals it cost me and whilst it was amazingly gracious to have everything paid for and get better travel and a accommodation than I'd have ever paid for if I'd have travelled under my own steam (which I had investigated), you do have to remember we weren't allowed to leave the hotel other than the times security had been laid on for us. So whilst I'm not going to pretend our hosts didn't try to impress and really splashed the cash, it wasn't my idea of a 'holiday'. It was much more like a business trip

But we're now getting a long long way away from my original point that I felt the video actually hurt the attempts to get Kean replaced by garnering sympathy for him.

I obviously don't agree with people who are anti-protest but each to his own.

What really grinds my gears is the 'do nothing' brigade who are happy to whinge and moan but ultimately do nothing to forcibly express their opinion.

And unfortunately, Blackburn Rovers has a plentiful supply of those.

Not everybody is in the position to be able to do anything. Others realise that there is also nothing that they can do. But are entitled to complain just the same. Many supporters who do not live in the Blackburn area are in many ways dependent on local supporters doing what they can.

I know I'm going to get pelters for this, but I can't be the only one that thinks that video is embarrassing and on the whole works against those trying legitimately trying to get Kean replaced with a competent manager who doesn't repeatedly bring the club in disrupt?

Kean's camp made the "poor Stevie vs the nasty protesters" from day one and not only does that play right into their hands, but it lacks any kind of class.

There are a whole bunch of questions he's unwilling to answer that the guy could have asked on camera at that point, but instead he went for a cheap prank.

No your not alone in this view. It has played into the poor kean brigades hands.

Oddly I had virtually the same dream (except I bought Gary Neville's house as it's a long walk from Leeds to Ewood) and the personel I replaced would probably not have been the same. I suspect we weren't the only two.

Silly as I don't actually play the lottery.

Me neither...

This whole thing is getting worse and worse.

Yes the bald monkey is a disaster but rovers fans turning on each other must stop.

I think by now we all agree that the club won't be the same until he and the chicken farmers are gone.

Its how we go about it that is causing the issue.

Everyone believes they know best and everyone gets frustrated when someone disagrees.

No one should be attacking anyones opinions, disagree and discuss but ranting at someone only ceates a bigger mess.

There is absolutely no doubt that this is what the idiot and his bosses want.

Why this is all happening honestly I don't have a clue. There are some theories but until I see evidence I can't say.

If you want to protest then protest, if you want to supprot the team then support the team, if you refuse to renew then thats fine too.

Its time for this one sided discussion to stop and a more open dialogue be opened.

The fan base is not big enough for the club to survive long term if half the fans leave for good. That will be the out come if the fighting continues.

Personally I hate kean with a passion that burns brighter than 1000 suns and will not return to ewood until he is gone. I even stopped watching matches on tv because of his interviews. This does not make me any less of a fan than those who have purchased season tickets for this season.

I'm just dealing with this disaster in my own way.

• Backroom

Some interesting points Glen, I do agree that it's almost impossible to work out what is going on in regards to the club at this point, however it simply cannot be as simple as "they feel sympathy for him". As 47er mentioned, they're known for being pretty hard headed in all other business aspects and certainly wasted no time sacking Williams, Allardyce, Finn, Hunt, etc (or at the very least persuading them to leave)... they've also shown zero sympathy towards those who have suffered the most (the fans) other than a pathetic set of snivelling platitudes from the gormless Venkatesh in his embarrassing SSN interview a while back. There was never any apology from the club regarding relegation or the shambles the club has become.

It all points to something else going on, it's just a shame all we currently seem to possess is circumstancial evidence. We can only hope that changes soon. I think the appointment of Shebby Singh certainly shows the BRFC Action Group's persistance is beginning to make them sweat. I just hope people see through the charade that Shebby is and keep the pressure cranked up.

As far as this MB goes... I've never considered it especially militant. In comparison to most other boards I go on this one is pretty friendly and largely drama-free. With what's happened to the club everybody should really be up in arms and furious. Also, using Hughesy as an example of a persecuted member of the site? :lol: come on now. Mum I agree has gotten some abuse beyond what is acceptable, though her staunch defence of Venky's in the face of overwhelming evidence of mismanagement and wrecklessness was bound to wind up a few of the posters less able to control their emotions.

I take exception to being labelled one of the mob just because I think those who have renewed are completely wrong.

I take exception to being labelled one of the mob just because I think those who have renewed are completely wrong.

Where did I do that? Some people have been debating that point just fine. Others have been showing no mercy to anyone who speaks out. I certainly didn't intend to label everyone who disagrees as being part of that mob, just the ones that do it with sheer venom towards other supporters.

Sheer Venom!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! I blast thee with my venomous words, forged over decades in my brain of logic thinking and opinion. There will come a day when the great shebby of malaysia and the false prophets of india will leave. That day has not yet arrived my good sir, It is BALDY THE GREAT who rules us. And so it shall be until the chosen one regains the throne. The chosen one has yet to reveal himself but he will arrive!!!

Sheer Venom!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! I blast thee with my venomous words, forged over decades in my brain of logic thinking and opinion. There will come a day when the great shebby of malaysia and the false prophets of india will leave. That day has not yet arrived my good sir, It is BALDY THE GREAT who rules us. And so it shall be until the chosen one regains the throne. The chosen one has yet to reveal himself but he will arrive!!!

Oh smeg off.

Where did I do that? Some people have been debating that point just fine. Others have been showing no mercy to anyone who speaks out. I certainly didn't intend to label everyone who disagrees as being part of that mob, just the ones that do it with sheer venom towards other supporters.

Good posts Glenn. I am somewhat irritated by people who have basically turned their back on the Club claiming to take the moral high ground and claiming that they are somehow better fans than those that have renewed.

The decision to buy a season ticket any summer let alone this one is a personal one, and I wouldn't dream of criticising anyone who hasn't renewed. I do however feel that with every single fan we lose, the chances of us ever being taken over at any point in the future by owners with any genuine financial muscle diminish that bit further. Who would want to buy a Club with hardly any fans left?

Archived