BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

Well, if the reason he's still manager is something more clandestine (be it Glasgow gangsters, shell companies or the Illuminati) then it's still not going to work either (and that idea worries me more than the "nice boy Stevie" theory).

I've said many times I'll back somebody trying and failing over somebody never trying at all, but chants at Ewood is preaching to the converted. It was tried (to an amazing degree, hats off for that), but he just laughed it off and now the majority of those not directly impacted (the media, fans of other clubs, a number of the players, those who employ him) just see it as the fans being vindictive, so the under performing liar (no harassment or libel there) is actually gaining sympathy!

I'm not suggesting he gets a free ride and we all turn into Rovers Fans, but if we want rid, we have to play Team SK at their own game, at the moment they are lapping up the Kean Out sentiment. Ironically, they could never sell the "plucky underdog fighting above their weight" angle to the press (we were hated by the media when we could have been obvious darlings) but they are selling the "dignity" angle very well (outside of Blackburn).

Of course not, and I'd be stunned if Glenn actually believes that.

I've long since given up what trying to work out I believe. Rovers has become a nightmare equivalent of Inception where every-time think I understand what's going on, a less logical, less believable scenario descends upon us. I wouldn't be surprised we were actually owned my Martians who came to earth via a worm hole found in Givet's beard.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so sure Glenn - more people are coming round to the fact that not only is he an awful manager but he is a complete plank.

When I say more people - fans of other clubs and also the media. Everyone I speak to is questioning how the hell he is still in charge.

Plus the video just cemented what a tool he is and that was viewed on a wide scale - really not on to be making comments on a previous manager plus making ridiculous claims/predictions on how we would get on last season.

Add to that a lot of people within the circuit know about his drinking, behaviour off the pitch - I am not one for personal abuse but Kean deserves all he gets. I don't think fans not laying into him would make any difference at all to the situation.

Though to add to that. I'm pretty confident 4 people got to decide his future, 3 of them wanted him gone, the fourth had some kind of compelling reason to give him another chance. It would be nice if there would be some big conspiracy theory behind it as a. It then all becomes logical and b. It means we can fix it (by unearthing the evidence), but ultimately we still have to consider the possibility we're just dealing with so very very very misguided/misinformed/stupid people.

Well, if the reason he's still manager is something more clandestine (be it Glasgow gangsters, shell companies or the Illuminati) then it's still not going to work either (and that idea worries me more than the "nice boy Stevie" theory).

I've said many times I'll back somebody trying and failing over somebody never trying at all, but chants at Ewood is preaching to the converted. It was tried (to an amazing degree, hats off for that), but he just laughed it off and now the majority of those not directly impacted (the media, fans of other clubs, a number of the players, those who employ him) just see it as the fans being vindictive, so the under performing liar (no harassment or libel there) is actually gaining sympathy!

I'm not suggesting he gets a free ride and we all turn into Rovers Fans, but if we want rid, we have to play Team SK at their own game, at the moment they are lapping up the Kean Out sentiment. Ironically, they could never sell the "plucky underdog fighting above their weight" angle to the press (we were hated by the media when we could have been obvious darlings) but they are selling the "dignity" angle very well (outside of Blackburn).

I've long since given up what trying to work out I believe. Rovers has become a nightmare equivalent of Inception where every-time think I understand what's going on, a less logical, less believable scenario descends upon us. I wouldn't be surprised we were actually owned my Martians who came to earth via a worm hole found in Givet's beard.

I see your point but this is a football crowd we're talking about with raw passion and high emotion. If you're familiar with Red Dwarf I'm getting a picture of Rimmer trying to negotiate with a deadly alien by suggesting a hard hitting leaflet campaign. Not saying that's you but a football crowd will always chant and not with Shakespeare on it's shoulders.

Not so sure Glenn - more people are coming round to the fact that not only is he an awful manager but he is a complete plank.

When I say more people - fans of other clubs and also the media. Everyone I speak to is questioning how the hell he is still in charge.

Plus the video just cemented what a tool he is and that was viewed on a wide scale - really not on to be making comments on a previous manager plus making ridiculous claims/predictions on how we would get on last season.

Add to that a lot of people within the circuit know about his drinking, behaviour off the pitch - I am not one for personal abuse but Kean deserves all he gets. I don't think fans not laying into him would make any difference at all to the situation.

The Hong Kong video was a brilliant move for Team Rovers, as it showed the world what we all know. Until something comes from the Action Group dossier, that was the single biggest move in getting the REAL message across. That's the kind of thing we need to be focusing on. Things that show him up for the guy he is, not getting him to pose for a picture and shouting Kean Out (the fact the video shows legitimate autograph hunters is pretty damning, the only thing he should be shown signing is a resignation).

.... and I don't know if we are winning the PR battle. I seem to be coming across more and more fans who feel match day experience has been ruined by the "Kean Out brigade" as they call them, as SK, and they aren't people with any time for Kean, these are people who desperately want him out too.

.... and now Thanks to Shebby. It's going to be unbearable at Ipswich. If they go ahead, we'll have half our end scrapping .... and then .... guess what, Team SK have won and we'll have played right into their hands.

Sorry what's happened there

I think back to the rumpus led by other managers with regards Keans treatment at the Rovers v Bolton match.

They called us fit to burn next day. Just wish the Hong Kong video was released then.

Would be interesting to hear Moyles & Fergie's opinion of Kean after the Video release.

Surely they all must realise there is something not right about Kean being still here.

Id be amazed if Kean has any friends within the game.

I don't feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for our club.

Though to add to that. I'm pretty confident 4 people got to decide his future, 3 of them wanted him gone, the fourth had some kind of compelling reason to give him another chance. It would be nice if there would be some big conspiracy theory behind it as a. It then all becomes logical and b. It means we can fix it (by unearthing the evidence), but ultimately we still have to consider the possibility we're just dealing with so very very very misguided/misinformed/stupid people.

Who are happy to lose millions upon millions of pounds in order to 'give him a chance'?? Come on Glenn, surely not? I refuse to belief Venkys pockets are that deep or that anyone could be that stupid.

It's all pointing to something extremely untoward.

BTW we seemed to have veered off. This went from silly pranks to make SK look a dick, to me trying to influence what the fans sing. I've no more wish to do than I have the ability. I'd just rather we rub in how shocking his performance is, our we'd all be sacked for misconduct like his.

I was trying to work The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society into that reply, but it's late and I have stuff to do :)

BTW we seemed to have veered off. This went from silly pranks to make SK look a dick, to me trying to influence what the fans sing. I've no more wish to do than I have the ability. I'd just rather we rub in how shocking his performance is, our we'd all be sacked for misconduct like his.

I was trying to work The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society into that reply, but it's late and I have stuff to do :)

You're not Arnold J Rimmer are you ? ;-)

Who are happy to lose millions upon millions of pounds in order to 'give him a chance'?? Come on Glenn, surely not? I refuse to belief Venkys pockets are that deep or that anyone could be that stupid.

I genuinely don't know. I also don't know what is more terrifying, untoward but organised, or sheer stupidity on this scale?

You're not Arnold J Rimmer are you ? ;-)

No, I'm much more of a Dwayne Dibley. (Odd aside, myself and Mr Stu Wilky saw Lister do a Soul DJ set a couple of weeks ago)

I genuinely don't know. I also don't know what is more terrifying, untoward but organised, or sheer stupidity on this scale?

The latter, if only for the sake of MG Road who has to tie up all their shoelaces. I refuse to believe its the latter, it's just not possible. Do Venkys not use P&L and Balance Sheets? Do they really not understand that a 22% win percentage is utter crap?

Yes, I am inclined to agree, Venkys know exactly what they are doing, I thought they were just plain hillbillies but now I am not so sure!!

So many are missing the bigger, what good is it making him look a tit, if all it does is strengthens the sympathy for him in India?

You see, in principle, and under normal circumstances, I agree with you.

But I honestly don't think it makes a blind bit if difference. Sympathy, no sympathy. It's all meaningless.

Not long a ago, we had a thread encouraging people to post their funny or innovative "Kean Out" messages from around the world. How is this different?

I couldn't help but think "Good on you" to the lad for his front if nothing else. No more front than Kean has standing on the touchline flapping his arms.

Seems like none of us know the truth, which suggests to me there's nothing more to find.

The only theory that makes any kind of sense, bearing in mind that absolutely nothing else has been found, is that Kean was lined up well before the takeover was signed and sealed, to coach the academy kids and the cheap players that JA would supply. Buy cheap, sell on for a profit. All fits in with the "Champions League for £5m" statements aired at the time of the sale.

Why wont Mrs D sack him? - well maybe it's simply that moving away from that model, to the more expensive model of bringing in experienced and expensive managers and staff [which Shebby referred to on Saturday - and she will have been reminded about, probably on a frequent basis by at least two of the original party] simply frightens her even more. In other words, she doesn't like what's happening, but is terrified of change.

I know I'm going to get pelters for this, but I can't be the only one that thinks that video is embarrassing and on the whole works against those trying legitimately trying to get Kean replaced with a competent manager who doesn't repeatedly bring the club in disrupt?

Kean's camp made the "poor Stevie vs the nasty protesters" from day one and not only does that play right into their hands, but it lacks any kind of class.

There are a whole bunch of questions he's unwilling to answer that the guy could have asked on camera at that point, but instead he went for a cheap prank.

Agreed. Sort of. "Kean Out" is really quite a serious first step on the path to saving the club from oblivion. To have a couple of thick Corkmen turning it into a rubbish youtube moment undermines the seriousness of what's going on at Ewood.

Sorry, don't buy that theory. These are hard-headed business people who run their core business very efficiently as I understand it.

Something is rotten.

Seems like none of us know the truth, which suggests to me there's nothing more to find.

The only theory that makes any kind of sense, bearing in mind that absolutely nothing else has been found, is that Kean was lined up well before the takeover was signed and sealed, to coach the academy kids and the cheap players that JA would supply. Buy cheap, sell on for a profit. All fits in with the "Champions League for £5m" statements aired at the time of the sale.

Why wont Mrs D sack him? - well maybe it's simply that moving away from that model, to the more expensive model of bringing in experienced and expensive managers and staff [which Shebby referred to on Saturday - and she will have been reminded about, probably on a frequent basis by at least two of the original party] simply frightens her even more. In other words, she doesn't like what's happening, but is terrified of change.

+1

.Not long a ago, we had a thread encouraging people to post their funny or innovative "Kean Out" messages from around the world. How is this different?

Ok, you caught me. The question is, is it all an attempt to generate some debate or do I just change my mind more often than my socks?

(hint - its the latter, I'm no nearer working out what's going on than everyone else)

Not seen this article before, Always thought Stevie Boy's dew on the grass comment was odd , could this explain it ? Groundsman at Reading? http://videocelts.com/2010/12/blogs/blackburn-boss-mark-mcghee-and-the-groundsman , Interesting comment on Sam telling Kean to take the Rovers job, wonder who told the interviewee that.

.... and I don't know if we are winning the PR battle. I seem to be coming across more and more fans who feel match day experience has been ruined by the "Kean Out brigade" as they call them,

Ruined more by the 'Kean in' brigade more like Glenn. As has the entire club. Relegation targetted and missed first time around but achieved easily at the second attempt, favourites players and capable staff sold or dispensed with and replaced by chancers and ne'er do wells. The support base and all round goodwill that Walker and Williams strove so hard to develop over the biggest part of a generation has been virtually destroyed inside 18 months. We are being systematically destroyed by the owners.... whoever they may be. Why and for what purposes suprisingly is still not clear.

I don't go to Ewood anymore. The heart has been ripped out of the club and I feel little affinity with the whole shabang but I can tell you it certainly isn't down to the 'Kean Out' brigade!

That's not what i'm finding Glenn.

The 'just get behind t'lads' brigade may be struggling to get to grips with the new reality- look at Hughesy- however the long standing fans I come across daily (who are refusing to renew in large numbers) have issues with VenKean and them alone.

Archived