BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good posts Glenn. I am somewhat irritated by people who have basically turned their back on the Club claiming to take the moral high ground and claiming that they are somehow better fans than those that have renewed.

The decision to buy a season ticket any summer let alone this one is a personal one, and I wouldn't dream of criticising anyone who hasn't renewed.

You just did.

Whilst its great to read other fans views and thoughts we MUST NEVER lose sight of the fact that only 1 peson is responsible for taking us down the league, that is the manager KEANSCUM.

Yes, the owners ave got to provide answers and are responsible for the "running" of the club off the park and yes they SHOULD know the responsibility they have towards the clubs own supporters.

On field failures far outweigh what has gone on behind closed doors despite the failings of Venkys and Agnew and whoever else has made the decisions.

I reiterate, and it is strongly my view, since the decision to emply KEANSCUM as the manager he has systematically taken us down every step of the way. He has shown a lack of football leadership, a lack of tactical nouse, a lack of fitness and nutritional understanding, he has failed to learn his best 11, he has failed to use the squad at his hands, he has failed to use man management skills, basic ones at that and he has quite openly distanced himself from any blame for the on field failures. To suggest that he has alienated the fans is an understatement, he has lied, he has gloated and he has given Rovers fans one massive F U by his ingracious ignomy and lack of class as a human being, he simply has no pride and is ignorant as to the views of players and fans who simply want him out of the club.

I havent slated anyone for renewing and I wont do. Its a personal choice and believe me, I am hurting knowing my seat wont be filled and that the money for my ticket is sat in my savings account waiting to be spent. My choice of not renewing is down to KEANSCUM and his inability as a manager to manage my team. I am a Rover through and through, born and bred in Mill Hill BUT I wont venture into Ewood until he is gone, it is as simple as that. It wont stop me supporting my team, it wont stop me listening to the game summary, reading the papers or watching the occasional game on tv, it simply is my choice not to spend my money and suffer more of the crap served up by his incompetence.

Venkys dont worry me yet. If they get found out for anything they may have done wrong, then they will pay for it. If KEANSCUM doesnt make a good start and I have seen nothing that makes me think he will, then by all accounts we can expect him to be fired however, despite that threat hanging over him, I cannot fathom out why a decent manager has not been approached because by losing points early doors it makes it so much more difficult to get them back and it makes the current team so much more difficult to gel to a new or different way of playing football.

Anyhow, cases are packed and I am ready for the flight on Friday to sunnier climes. All you folks chill down, mind the rain and I hope beyond hope that the renewers dont feel aggrieved by a lack of points and yet another "thrown" game at MK Dons where it is evidently clear, a certain coach will ensure his treatment at BRFC is rammed down the throats of the upper regime.

If you say so. Like I say people are entitled to and must make their own decision.

But surely I'm entitled to my own opinion on the likely consequence of mass non renewal. It's not the same as saying I'm a better fan than you because either A) You have renewed therefore you're a Venky's apologist or B) I've renewed and you haven't.

Sorry cocked up the quote thingy. :blush:

Good posts Glenn. I am somewhat irritated by people who have basically turned their back on the Club claiming to take the moral high ground and claiming that they are somehow better fans than those that have renewed.

The decision to buy a season ticket any summer let alone this one is a personal one, and I wouldn't dream of criticising anyone who hasn't renewed. I do however feel that with every single fan we lose, the chances of us ever being taken over at any point in the future by owners with any genuine financial muscle diminish that bit further. Who would want to buy a Club with hardly any fans left?

I very much think those who have not renewed have made the harder decision and have made the relative ultimate sacrifice to bring about a resolution. In my eyes you have turned your back on the clubs future by submitting to a short term gain, that gain being not breaking a beloved habit.

And despite our lot, not all investors are thick and im sure their market research would suggest thousands of fans just waiting for a change before we come back.

Where did I do that? Some people have been debating that point just fine. Others have been showing no mercy to anyone who speaks out. I certainly didn't intend to label everyone who disagrees as being part of that mob, just the ones that do it with sheer venom towards other supporters.

Felt that by using mob you were drawing a line between two camps, the mob being those who have not renewed and are telling those who have that they shouldn't. That is my school if thought but don't feel like I'm ringing up grounds keeper Willy to go get his pitch fork

I very much think those who have not renewed have made the harder decision and have made the relative ultimate sacrifice to bring about a resolution. In my eyes you have turned your back on the clubs future by submitting to a short term gain, that gain being not breaking a beloved habit.

And despite our lot, not all investors are thick and im sure their market research would suggest thousands of fans just waiting for a change before we come back.

Personally I can't renew as I am in China for a year as of September so I am rather neutral on the "renew or not" debate.

I don't think you can criticise someone for renewing, I honestly think if only 4,000 had renewed or even 2,000 that Kean would still be in charge. People are welcome to do what they want with their hard-earned cash and I don't think you can correlate renewing with supporting Kean, and I don't think Venky's do either. They will be perfectly aware of how much money they are losing in keeping him at the helm but no doubt Kean has spun it one way or another.

Whether renewing or not, neither is right nor wrong and I don't think any fans should be judged on this decision, regardless of which camp they sit in.

EDIT: And for the record I probably wouldn't have renewed... PROBABLY.

Intense scrutiny, eh?

Two defeats in any of the first 7 games and he's toast? Doubtful.

More likely they'll review and offer him a further run of games to prove himself.

"This really is your final, final chance now Steve. We really mean it."

Not holding my breath.

• Backroom

Don't believe a word of it.

We were told last Christmas by both ITK's and journalists(I use the term loosely in regards to football journalists) that he had a points target he had to meet. When he failed to meet those targets we were assured by numerous people he was going to be sacked. A couple of papers even printed on their back pages that he was a goner, finished, etc.

What happened? Nothing.

What will happen if he fails to meet this points target? Nothing.

Just don't get your hopes up.

• Moderation Lead

Don't believe a word of it.

We were told last Christmas by both ITK's and journalists(I use the term loosely in regards to football journalists) that he had a points target he had to meet. When he failed to meet those targets we were assured by numerous people he was going to be sacked. A couple of papers even printed on their back pages that he was a goner, finished, etc.

What happened? Nothing.

What will happen if he fails to meet this points target? Nothing.

Just don't get your hopes up.

This.

Too many false dawns to believe anything that even remotely could be good news. Only when I see the round headed, rotund weasel faced one with moist eyes blaming the world and his wife for his demise will I celebrate and go and buy a season ticket (x 5 btw).

Doesn't matter, we will get 10 points at most for me. He will then blame everyone else in the world, get another run of games and so on.

Do you not remember last season?

Judge us after the window

Then

Judge us when we don't have injuries

Then

Judge us after this run of 6 winnable games

Then

Judge us when our back four is on the pitch together (smart little bugger knew they never would be)

The little slipper idiot thinks that if he tells us to wait and judge him we will do, but all the evidence proves he is out of his depth (and when shebby tries to hold him to account by stating unless he produces results he will be sacked Steve gets all upsets and wants an apology). The man is unbelievable.

Too many false dawns to believe anything that even remotely could be good news. Only when I see the round headed, rotund weasel faced one with moist eyes blaming the world and his wife for his demise will I celebrate and go and buy a season ticket (x 5 btw).

Same for me and my family. 3 season tickets there for the taking if they sack him. Won't be seen at Ewood whilst he is there either. We refused to go to games last season because of him despite having season tickets.

I've noticed that most bookies have us on 4 in odds or 7/2 for promotion. Many of the same bookies have 4 in odds for kean to be first manager to be sacked. So that means they think we will sack kean after a short while and

Then win promotion

Not too confident on either of those scenarios. But venkys have invested quite a lot cash on wages and signed many new players as well, so I think he's more likely to get the boot than he ever has been

It doesn't say that.

It says his position will be reviewed if he doesn't meet the target.

Said apparently as in thats what the paper is suggesting hence the 'does this mean the end?' comment...what an odd comment for you, pointless really but whatever your into boy

Archived