BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

London Rover, one of the members on here has just posted a great video on Facebook. Gets a nice pic with Kean and then starts shouting Kean Out whilst Kean is posing for the pic. Very amusing indeed.

Any link to it Ricky?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, that is what I understand to be the situation also!

Murphy has no management experience and there seems to be no particular reason (given the large number of ex-players who fail in management) why he should be anything other than a disaster.

It does fit the current modus operandi.

Murphy has no management experience and there seems to be no particular reason (given the large number of ex-players who fail in management) why he should be anything other than a disaster.

It does fit the current modus operandi.

Can't argue with your logic but I remember reading an article a few years ago which touted him as management material.

Would be a gamble but couldn't be worse than Kean.

I know I'm going to get pelters for this, but I can't be the only one that thinks that video is embarrassing and on the whole works against those trying legitimately trying to get Kean replaced with a competent manager who doesn't repeatedly bring the club in disrupt?

Kean's camp made the "poor Stevie vs the nasty protesters" from day one and not only does that play right into their hands, but it lacks any kind of class.

There are a whole bunch of questions he's unwilling to answer that the guy could have asked on camera at that point, but instead he went for a cheap prank.

I know I'm going to get pelters for this, but I can't be the only one that thinks that video is embarrassing and on the whole works against those trying legitimately trying to get Kean replaced with a competent manager who doesn't repeatedly bring the club in disrupt?

Kean's camp made the "poor Stevie vs the nasty protesters" from day one and not only does that play right into their hands, but it lacks any kind of class.

There are a whole bunch of questions he's unwilling to answer that the guy could have asked on camera at that point, but instead he went for a cheap prank.

Kean looks like a politician on a pre - election walkabout unable to avoid a 'car crash' encounter.

I agree it's not very funny apart from the dialogue "Is that Kean? Now don't go abusing him now" .

Are these guys actually Rovers fans?

So many are missing the bigger, what good is it making him look a tit, if all it does is strengthens the sympathy for him in India?

Team SK's biggest weapon is the divide they've created with the fans. We've proved that there is something abnormal going on here. He wasn't sacked and didn't resign for dreadful performance at his job, he wasn't sacked and didn't resign for bringing the club (in my opinion) into disrepute via a drinking driving conviction and lying to the police, he wasn't sacked and didn't resign for being the obvious reason for a dramatic drop in season ticket sales, he wasn't sacked and didn't resign for losing fan support like no other football manager in history and he wasn't sacked and didn't resign for being part of a regime that damage his employers brand (and BRFC's) worse than Gerald Ratner. So a few Kean Out shouts aren't going to change that, they strengthen his case that the fans have a vendetta against him.

Sure, it's cathartic, but it'll (sadly) achieve nothing useful. The message that needs to be shouted across the roof tops is *WHY* he should be removed, not "Steve Kean's a dick".

(Last time I made a post like that, there was an orchestrated email campaign against me, so if you're thinking of doing that again, a. Remember I want the same thing as you and b. Use glenn@brfcs.com as it's much easier for me to filter).

So many are missing the bigger, what good is it making him look a tit, if all it does is strengthens the sympathy for him in India?

Team SK's biggest weapon is the divide they've created with the fans. We've proved that there is something abnormal going on here. He wasn't sacked and didn't resign for dreadful performance at his job, he wasn't sacked and didn't resign for bringing the club (in my opinion) into disrepute via a drinking driving conviction and lying to the police, he wasn't sacked and didn't resign for being the obvious reason for a dramatic drop in season ticket sales, he wasn't sacked and didn't resign for losing fan support like no other football manager in history and he wasn't sacked and didn't resign for being part of a regime that damage his employers brand (and BRFC's) worse than Gerald Ratner. So a few Kean Out shouts aren't going to change that, they strengthen his case that the fans have a vendetta against him.

Sure, it's cathartic, but it'll (sadly) achieve nothing useful. The message that needs to be shouted across the roof tops is *WHY* he should be removed, not "Steve Kean's a dick".

(Last time I made a post like that, there was an orchestrated email campaign against me, so if you're thinking of doing that again, a. Remember I want the same thing as you and b. Use glenn@brfcs.com as it's much easier for me to filter).

I'll start the chant at Ipswich.

Why is Kean still here. (what a load of rubbish)

I'll start the chant at Ipswich.

Why is Kean still here. (what a load of rubbish)

Chants like, why is he still here, and, we want answers, will be far more effective than continuously chanting keanout. I am not saying don't chant keanout but mixing it up can't hurt.

See your point to a degree, Glenn.

Kean Out has not had any positive result but attempts to educate fans of other clubs on why he should be removed have, in my experience, been an equally fruitless endeavour.

People who really know football understand the ridiculousness of him still being in charge and don't need explanations pointing out his various off-field misdemeanours. The shocking results are enough. Those who demonise Rovers supporters for protesting against Kean are just jumping on the media bandwagon. By and large I have found that detailed critiques of Kean and Venky's go in one ear and out the other with such people, as they simply could not care less about Blackburn Rovers.

Ultimately we as supporters are quite powerless in this situation, but I feel that shouting KEAN OUT and displaying banners against him at the very least shows Steve Kean and the others responsible for this mess that we have not forgotten, and will not forget what they have done to the club.

P.S. - Totally agree with you regarding the video. If you are going to shout abuse at someone, you should have the guts to face them as you do it, rather than resorting to a cheap prank.

Sympathy in India Glenn? How many millions should they have lost due to our being relegated? I mean how much should this be hurting them? And yet they still stick with him. They've lost half the bloody customer base as a result and still they don't act, they still they don't listen to anyone. How's about a quick call into the previous Chairman for his advice? How's about the Chairman of the PFA? Maybe even speak to Richard Scudamore if they're that lost and 'confused'. What about asking you or me about it? Or any bloke in any pub in Blackburn (apart from Braddock). Anyone who has the best interests of the club at heart.

But no. Let's stick with Kean and his results record as someone said 'Kean Out' on a camera phone. To hell with the lost money, relegation and the lack of professionalism from those supposedly running the club.

Because there really is no where else to go with any of this. It's never looked right. It's bent. So Kean will get what he deserves because the things I have described above, which really should matter far more than someone calling him names, clearly don't.

Archived