BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.lancashir...rn_Rovers_boss/

I miss the silence....

"STEVE Kean says Paulo Jorge reminds him of Italian World Cup winner Gennaro Gattuso"

I miss the silence as well Tom and there is a reason they say it is golden. Why put additional pressure on young players shoulders making ridiculous comparisons like these? The guy is a total fruitcake, especially if he believes that anyone still swallows his tripe.

I miss the silence as well Tom and there is a reason they say it is golden. Why put additional pressure on young players shoulders making ridiculous comparisons like these? The guy is a total fruitcake, especially if he believes that anyone still swallows his tripe.

I'm amazed media organisations are allowing him to spout such nonsense. Just been met with this on my Yahoo home page

"We would like to think that going into the season we're going to have a better squad than we did last year in the Premier League"

Yet last season after the first transfer window he wrote in the programme;

"I feel we have assembled a squad that can be competitive and successful at this demanding level. We are strong across all positions with options all over the park and that can only be good"

I can't be bothered to find the relegation is impossible article but surely one must question his mental state to continue spouting this nonsense let alone his ability to be the manager of a football club.

From that Yahoo article:

However, with further new recruits thought to be in the pipeline, Kean is characteristically buoyant about his club's chances come the big kick-off, saying: "We would like to think that going into the season we're going to have a better squad than we did last year in the Premier League."

He added: "We're only thinking about one thing and that's getting ourselves promoted as quickly as possible.

"If we can get a squad where other clubs look at it and think, 'wow, what a squad that is - that's got quality all over', that's what I would like to happen before we've even kicked a ball."

WILL THIS MADNESS EVER END!!??!!

Don't you all remember? Steve likes to be positive. Positive, positive, positive. Why would you compare a young defensive midfielder to anyone else but one of the most accomplished and decorated players of the past decade?

The worst thing about it is the unnecessary pressure it puts on the players.....what a complete and utter bellend....what must have Formica thought when he heard that he had been compared to Batistuta....not even the same position and his country's record goalscorer.

The Edinho Junior comparison must be coming soon...I wonder who it'll be....doubt he'll compare him to Nuno Gomes so my guess is a young Eusebio and the most embarrassing one yet.

From that Yahoo article:

However, with further new recruits thought to be in the pipeline, Kean is characteristically buoyant about his club's chances come the big kick-off, saying: "We would like to think that going into the season we're going to have a better squad than we did last year in the Premier League."

He added: "We're only thinking about one thing and that's getting ourselves promoted as quickly as possible.

"If we can get a squad where other clubs look at it and think, 'wow, what a squad that is - that's got quality all over', that's what I would like to happen before we've even kicked a ball."

WILL THIS MADNESS EVER END!!??!!

when reading those quotes, i just cant help but think, that this idiot reminds me of those teachers, who desperarely wants to come of as cool, intelligent and experienced, but really are the opposite. We´ve probably all experienced those types. Everytime he opens his mouth, it just seems like he thinks the audience is a bunch of children.

the following quote is the perfect example of what im talking about.

another example was the interview with cryer, when he called him negative and claimed the throne as mister positive.

one must question his mental state to continue spouting this nonsense let alone his ability to be the manager of a football club.

Not really. It would appear that he can get away with it. The Press either don't want to rock the boat or have been told not to. We all know what they should be doing.

Don't you all remember? Steve likes to be positive. Positive, positive, positive.

Reminiscent of Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_distortion_field

When Jobs used it everything came up smelling of roses in the main. Unfortunately for us everything comes up smelling of bullshit with our Steve.

Jesus wept, the mans a complete idiot, may as well free the lad now save him all the hassle.

The bloke is a joke-either that or he is doing it as a deliberate wind up of the fans.Gattuso aint even Portugese so why would you pick somebody from a completely different country who you hardly see as your comparison..Bradley Orr is like a young Dani Alves and Sergio Ramos is like an older Ribeiro . What a plantpot.

The delusion continues-get a team of compare- a- likes and surely we will get promoted Mrs Desai

I guess he's speaking to the owners again.

He really is too much, it's beyond making yourself look stupid, he makes the club a laughing stock. It's amazing he's a manager.

Away to Ipswich then at home to Hull and Leicester. We need a win out of those three, but I doubt we'll get one.

He really is too much, it's beyond making yourself look stupid, he makes the club a laughing stock. It's amazing he's a manager.

A man with no morals,a man without shame..he does not give a flying one about what anyone thinks or says despite his words and actions bringing ridicule to himself and more importantly the club and its fans.I get the impression Its one very big Ego trip for him now to try and prove EVERYONE wrong about him,a man on a twisted and doomed mission.

He clearly does not care about the consequences of his actions,a truly dangerous character indeed!

'But as the fans accept a season in The Championship looms, we can look at the positives and hope Steve Kean can get Blackburn Rovers back to where they belong, even if the stats do point otherwise.'

yeah, those pesky stats again!

'Steve Kean’s positive spin on everything grated on fans, stating a 7-1 loss to Arsenal would have been different ‘had we scored first’, and claiming after relegation that ‘we need to take a step back to take two massive steps forward’. Fans wanted him to at least acknowledge the team played badly, but he didn’t. And when relegation began to look all the more likely, his positivity simply seemed delusional. But it’s just so difficult to dislike a guy who can find the positives in the most unlikely of situations. Never criticising his players or blaming referees showed a massive amount of respect for the game and goes to show why, even at the teams lowest point, the players never lost their belief in him.'

He's right, who could dislike Keano! Christ, Ewood is now going to be rife with clowns like that.

A different day a different reason to hate the man:

Has he ever once in his tenure taken the blame for a defeat? I can't recall him ever holding his hands up and saying "I got it wrong"

If someone can tell me different I'll try not to hate him just for today.

Archived