BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

I'm with Lechuck on this - Reviewed.

"Look Mrs D. it was all that nasty Shebby Singh's fault upsettin' the players like he did. I'm looking at the positives here....new players getting along brilliantly....relegation.....no chance. Anyway when is he leaving so I can get things sorted?"

Anyway who would come and work for Shebby?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with Lechuck on this - Reviewed.

"Look Mrs D. it was all that nasty Shebby Singh's fault upsettin' the players like he did. I'm looking at the positives here....new players getting along brilliantly....relegation.....no chance. Anyway when is he leaving so I can get things sorted?"

Anyway who would come and work for Shebby?

My question isn't who would come and work for Shebby as although he looks a loose cannon to put it politely what about the rest of the Rovers upper level staff. We are now in a position where Steve Kean has a structure of people around him that he seems to have placed, would they all have to be removed at the same time? I find it ridiculous that with all this increased communication be it Paul Agnew or Shebby Singh, there has been no reason given for continuing to employ Steve Kean. There is never a justification, never any logic, like many other people I want to dismiss the conspiracy theories but until a footballing reason is given for sticking with Steve Kean how can anyone believe anything to do with Blackburn Rovers?

You have to wonder what on earth they reviewed in December because having a horrific football management record obviously wasn't on the agenda.

The target has been revised down already - a few days ago it was 17 from the first seven. I expect that extra point is to take into account all those nasty boo-boys who apparently contributed to our relegation.

KEAN DISAPPOINTED WITH SINGH COMMENTS

By Dominic Farrell, Press Association Sport

Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean has hit back at the club's global adviser Shebby Singh, claiming comments made about himself and midfielder Morten Gamst Pedersen have disrupted preparations for the new season.

Rovers begin their quest for an instant return to the Barclays Premier League at Ipswich on Saturday, but - as has been the case far too at Ewood Park in recent times - the build-up to an important match has been overshadowed by off-field controversy.

Speaking at an open meeting with fans last weekend, Singh stated Kean - deeply unpopular among sections of Rovers supporters - would be dismissed from his post if he lost three consecutive games early on in the season.

The former Malaysia defender and television pundit went on to liken long-serving Norway international Pedersen to a ``pensioner''.

Singh apologised for his comments earlier this week but that failed to satisfy the Professional Footballers Association, who issued a statement in support of Pedersen this afternoon following talks with union representative David Dunn and members of the Rovers squad.

The statement chastised Singh's ``subsequent apology which didn't seem to retract the comments, rather Mr Singh simply implied he was 'too honest for his own good''', a point of view Kean appeared to subscribe to when addressing the media shortly after it became public.

``I don't really think it was an apology,'' he said.

``I think there was an apology that feelings might have been hurt and people might have been rubbed up the wrong way, but I don't really see a retraction being in there.

``So, we'll just move forward. I don't really want to discuss it any longer. I'd rather focus because it's been massively disruptive this week and we just want to get on with the job in hand which is getting prepared for Ipswich.

``It's massively disruptive in a very important, if not the most important week. I think that statement shows how disappointed and unhappy the players are with it.

``Morten has been a fantastic servant. He's probably one of the true gentlemen and it's really affected him.''

For his part, it seems Singh - appointed this summer to mediate between Rovers owner Anuradha Desai and Kean - is unlikely to keep a low profile as he is slated to fulfil radio summarising duties for BCC Radio Lancashire on Saturday.

Irrespective of Singh's comments, Kean was set to begin the forthcoming campaign under significant scrutiny, but he points to summer acquisitions such as Danny Murphy, Nuno Gomes, Dixon Etuhu and Colin Kazim-Richards as evidence of the support he continues to enjoy at boardroom level.

``I've spoken with Mrs Desai at length,'' he said. ``There were some great conversations at the end of last season and she's been very supportive of us building a squad.

``I think everybody wants us to succeed, none more so than me and the players.''

Murphy is fit to feature in midfield against Ipswich having missed last Sunday's friendly in Cork with a foot injury.

The former England international came out in support of Kean and revealed some of his team-mates sought discussions with Singh while in Ireland.

``Speaking on behalf of all the players, rather than getting into individual opinions, I think everybody was hugely disappointed at the content of what was said,'' Murphy said.

``Unfortunately I wasn't over in Cork, but some of the lads there had a meeting with him and expressed their opinions.

``What's been said will stay in house, but the lads certainly weren't happy about it and we are together, we stand by each other's side and we also back the manager.''

KEAN DISAPPOINTED WITH SINGH COMMENTS

By Dominic Farrell, Press Association Sport

Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean has hit back at the club's global adviser Shebby Singh, claiming comments made about himself and midfielder Morten Gamst Pedersen have disrupted preparations for the

I couldn't despise the man anymore than I already do, but making his excuses already??

He's a rat, a shameless rat at that.

Come on fellas let's not hang Murphy out to dry yet. He's obviously going to back the Manager publicly - every single one of our summer signings have. Orr is another matter entirely, that scummer didn't even apologise to the fans for relegation.

Just to clarify what others have said, there's not a cat in hells chance that we'll have 16 points from 7 games. And neither is there one that Kean will be booted WHEN we don't reach that figure.

It´s a huge task to pick 3pts from Portman Road. Not picking all three would make 16/21 almost impossible. If Kean´s job is really so much in danger why would even give him a chance. I know, he is still here next August and we are getting ready for another season in the Championship. Even Kean can´t get us relegated this season. Well, let´s see the opening first.

It´s a huge task to pick 3pts from Portman Road. Not picking all three would make 16/21 almost impossible. If Kean´s job is really so much in danger why would even give him a chance. I know, he is still here next August and we are getting ready for another season in the Championship. Even Kean can´t get us relegated this season. Well, let´s see the opening first.

Yes only 9 championship teams managed to win there last season. Fortess Portman Road :blink:

Maybe thats why Shebby said 2 games at first then changed it to 3

Not that he's getting sacked but if you look at our first 7 fixtures, we have Ipswich, Leeds and Bristol City away, and Hull, Leicester, Barnsley and Middlesbrough at home.

Leeds away and Leicester at home will be the hardest games and ones we could easily lose......Ipswich away and Hull and Middlesbrough at home will be hard fixtures as well. I don't see us getting 3 wins, let alone at least 5.

What were people expecting?

The comments weren't helpful. It was irresponsible to say them. It's not going to make the players happy. Teams don't come out and slag each other off. Footballers have to say things in interviews and they are asked about these things and they give their honest opinions or generic answers.

This isn't a case of how much lower can Kean get. it's exactly how you'd imagine a manager would respond. "For once", I'm sure many of you will be saying. Except you won't be as you'll be going absolutely mental because it's something Kean said. When you actually look at it though, it's a normal response.

You just don't expect someone to be banging on about apologies and retractions when they've lied, been up in court, been caught on camera and tried to weasle themselves out of situations. Normally you would expect someone like that to keep a low profile.

5 Wins from 7 will not happen. The record Kean has would suggest 2 wins out of the first 7 at best, even at a lower level. By game 5 assuming we only have 1 win as I would expect, he should be sacked, or I firmly believe he never will be.

You just don't expect someone to be banging on about apologies and retractions when they've lied, been up in court, been caught on camera and tried to weasle themselves out of situations. Normally you would expect someone like that to keep a low profile.

Well if that was the case then surely that would be exactly what that kind of a person would do. Can't you see that?

If you can't decipher that, and also see it's all pretty much football speak that he has to say in this position, then you don't understand the ridiculously simple world of football interviews and/or liars.

Stop pretending to be shocked about absolutely everything.

Archived