SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nPower Championship 12/13

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just listening to the commentator after the Cardiff win. Apparently they are off to Dubai for two weeks for R&R.

Remember when we used to do that? Where did Kean take us when we were last in the PL dining on Venkys coin? Keighley was it?

And people say we shouldn't be throwing snowballs at Venkys.

You just had to mention Laws didn't you!

To be fair Howes last 6 months were not great, hindsight suggesting his heart just wasn't in it. Still Dyche is looking a brilliant appointment and I don't mind admitting I wasn't blown away when we appointed him.

Longers, my brother-in-law has told me that Celtic (who he works for) will bid for Charlie Austin if they lose Gary Hooper.

Can they can afford him? I would have thought we will want at least 6 million.

I'm surprised we've had no bids yet but I guess his injury has come at a 'good' time, in that sense, for us. Losing players to bigger clubs is something we are used to and in fairness to our board they've generally played hard ball and got good value for us in recent years - I guess the theory is we can't stop bigger clubs poaching from us but we can make sure they do it on our terms and at our price.

He has more all round game than just being a poacher but he is one of those players that comes alive in and around the box. He's happy to work hard, work in the channels etc but you really don't get the best from him asking him to do that, you want him sniffing around from the box - great with his head as well.

I'm sure they can stump up the cash but it is likely that we will want at least what they get for Hooper and I just can't see them doing it - then again maybe our board will be tempted with a low ball offer of 4 million with the team doing well enough without him who knows.

Archived