BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nPower Championship 12/13

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be surprised if Palace are up there at the end of the season especially if they sell Zaha in January which is extremely probable, I think they'll burn out sooner rather than later and maybe sneak a playoff place.

My picks to go up are Boro and Cardiff with us taking the playoff place, overly optimistic yes but I don't see many of the other teams to be any great shakes.

• Backroom

Town's late winner today was the best football moment I've had in about 2 years. Shows how much fun it's been supporting this club recently.

Burnley were absolutely dreadful. Horrifically average across the park, Charlie Austin did zilch the entire match. Ipswich are a bloody awful football team and yet Burnley somehow conspired to make them look half-decent. It was amusing seeing the Burnley players getting frustrated as the game wore on, becoming dirtier and more cynical. The ref was in Burnley's back pocket the whole game but even with him on their side they had no threat.

Burnley took about 300 fans, pretty abysmal turnout for them.

• Backroom

It looked like about 100 from where I was sitting tbh. ITFC also said they had a 22K gate for the home match against Sheff Weds which was a blatant lie so not sure how reliable they are. I'd say 300-450 is probably accurate mind.

• Moderation Lead

It looked like about 100 from where I was sitting tbh. ITFC also said they had a 22K gate for the home match against Sheff Weds which was a blatant lie so not sure how reliable they are. I'd say 300-450 is probably accurate mind.

I can't remember how many we took on the first game of the season to Ipswich, but I'd wager it was more than 1K.....

im sure they said that about blackpool, the year they went up, never underestimate the holloway factor

Holloway has had his moment in the sun , If Palace do sell in January , i would be very surprised if he repeats his Blackpool feats...His record only stands up at Blackpool ..

Middlesborough look good at the moment , and Leicester flatter to deceive , I think Cardiff will depend on Bellamy performing , long long season ahead ...

Holloway has had his moment in the sun , If Palace do sell in January , i would be very surprised if he repeats his Blackpool feats...His record only stands up at Blackpool ..

Middlesborough look good at the moment , and Leicester flatter to deceive , I think Cardiff will depend on Bellamy performing , long long season ahead ...

Bellamy wasn't really all that last time he was at Cardiff.....Whittingham is the main man.....I think they'll go up....they've been up near the top for years now and they've got a better manager.....Dave Jones was alright for them and they had the likes of Ledley, Matthews and Bothroyd but with Makaay I think they'll be the ones to beat.

Boro look strong.....decent strikers and Ledesma is a good player......Wolves and Bolton might seriously challenge though.

I still believe if we maximise our potential, we'll be the strongest team.

Debating the size of away support is irrelevent. What matters is on the pitch.

Just ask a LUFC or Watford fan what matters! Colin keaner living up to his name by leaving himself and his team bare arsed after making all 3 subs at HT is well funny! Couldn't happen to a nicer person sorry...... I really mean bigger kean

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20189850

God only knows how Watford did that cos 2 weeks ago at ewood they couldn't have scored in a brothel.

Sorry guys, had a heavy night Saturday and spent all day yesterday feeling sorry for myself.

Some real obsession on here with our away following it seems.

I wasn't one of those hardy 400 or so and as such can't directly refute whatever the Rovers fans who was there said. We did dominate possession of the stats are to be believed but from a few people I know who did go it wasn't a great performance, cest la vie. As for Austin did nothing - I guess he's allowed the odd game to not score in, as long as he gets a hat-trick early December I'm not overly worried ;-)

As for comparing our managers, well all I can really say is Dyche has come in to a side that was leaking goals and managed 2 wins and 1 defeat, it's early but it's been a good start. Berg, with a much stronger squad, hasn't won yet I believe? Like I said though, it's early and there is still plenty of time for either of them to 'get it right' or indeed wrong!

• Moderation Lead

Sorry guys, had a heavy night Saturday and spent all day yesterday feeling sorry for myself.

Some real obsession on here with our away following it seems.

I wasn't one of those hardy 400 or so and as such can't directly refute whatever the Rovers fans who was there said. We did dominate possession of the stats are to be believed but from a few people I know who did go it wasn't a great performance, cest la vie. As for Austin did nothing - I guess he's allowed the odd game to not score in, as long as he gets a hat-trick early December I'm not overly worried ;-)

As for comparing our managers, well all I can really say is Dyche has come in to a side that was leaking goals and managed 2 wins and 1 defeat, it's early but it's been a good start. Berg, with a much stronger squad, hasn't won yet I believe? Like I said though, it's early and there is still plenty of time for either of them to 'get it right' or indeed wrong!

Think the away following thing works both ways, amount of times Burnley fans have this myth about taking thousands away and saying we hardly take any is rather boring. Tit for tat if anything!!

Fair enough K-HOD but you can't have it both ways - you can't moan when Burnley fans talk about your attendances then do the same thing about ours.

For the record if you took the reported 1500 to Ipswich then fair play to each and everyone - it is a horrible, long journey and I admire anybody who makes it to support their team.

I think it's such a pointless debate anyway, 2 towns that economically are getting poorer not stronger, Burnley with a declining population and relatively high ticket prices. People are making tough choices all over the country and especially in the North. Barring some miracle run to the play offs, I expect our gates to decline further this season not increase - and they already make for poor reading.

• Backroom

Goodness, it was a light-hearted jab. I find it more amusing that Ipswich suggested there were 455 Burnley fans when there blatantly were not. God knows where they got that number from... same person that reckoned there were 22,000 at the Sheff Weds game, I'd wager :lol: FWIW the Burnley fans that did get there made themselves heard more than the Ipswich fans, though that isn't hard.

Good result for you lot today, less so for us.

Looked a bad decision for us but I'd have to see it again, was so quick but I thought IF it hit his hand then I'm not sure it was anything more than ball to hand. Looking like we will be in need of a result on the 2nd if this carries on. That said we did pretty well with 10 men for 75 mins.

Sounds like Rhodes had a brilliant game for you lot.

• Backroom

Rhodes is our Austin (obvious comment) its nice to have a player that you know will take a chance if one is created for him, we were fortunate last season as the Yak was incredible and left big shoes to fill but young Jordan is doing s good job of that.

I'm confident going forward but being the pessimist I am I'm not so confident about the game in the 2nd

Just watching the Football League Show and there was a little interview with Palace's owner saying they won't sell Zaha in January. Does anyone think they will sell Zaha in January? Or will they gamble by turning down the big bucks on offer and hope he leads them to the Premier League?

I think he'll stay, at least until the summer.

Archived