BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nPower Championship 12/13

Indeed. All you need to do is keep in touch until March time. If we drop into the bottom half after Xmas then things could be concerning but in the meantime it's just about being around the play-offs and continuing to improve as a team ready for the big final push.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Millwall won again tonight v Wolves 1-0. Wolves have gone 9 matches without a win and are wanting their new manager out. Millwall are now 5th after being two months unbeaten.

At the top, Cardiff and Palace both drew whilst Leicester lost to Leeds 1-0. Middlesbrough beat our new Huddersfield friends 3-0 to go 3rd whilst Huddersfield slip to 11th.

A win for Rovers tomorrow night will take the team up to 8th, 1 point off the playoff places and 6 points off 2nd place.

Yea barring the Boro-H'field game, in which a draw would have probably been the best result, results certainly went our way tonight.

In my head, I want us to get some daylight between the likes of Brighton, Millwall, H'field etc.....then concentrate on catching Leicester and Hull.....then eventually look to overtake two of Palace, Cardiff and Boro.

If we look to do that, rather than getting a bit anxious of being 7/8 points off 2nd place, then things will appear to look better.

The playoffs is a bit of a nightmare but I would fancy us against anyone over 2 legs.....then in the final, who knows?

It certainly wouldn't be disastrous to finish 3rd-6th.....if we hit some form just before then it's normally that team who goes up from memory.

Millwall won again tonight v Wolves 1-0. Wolves have gone 9 matches without a win and are wanting their new manager out. Millwall are now 5th after being two months unbeaten.

Wolves worst attendance in 4 years........18,174 !! Thanks a bunch Slumdog Millionaires. :(

would be interesting to know, how many teams went on to win promotion via the playoffs, and where they ended on the log. In other words, did more teams win the playoff after ending 3rd, or was it the team ending 6th and just squeezing into the playoffs who went and won it etc

From the 1995/96 season onwards:

3rd place - 7

4th place - 1

5th place - 5

6th place - 4

Since 2004/2005:

3rd place - 5

4th Place - 0

5th Place - 1

6th Place - 2

Wolves worst attendance in 4 years........18,174 !! Thanks a bunch Slumdog Millionaires. :(

Wolverhampton is a city.

I think Millwall will have peaked far too early. They can't keep this momentum going. They've had to go on such a great run just to get in and amongst the play off places, which we've never really lost sight of. Their poor start could have cost them greatly.

Wolverhampton is a city.

I think Millwall will have peaked far too early. They can't keep this momentum going. They've had to go on such a great run just to get in and amongst the play off places, which we've never really lost sight of. Their poor start could have cost them greatly.

Twisted logic. We therefore peaked in September ?

Twisted logic. We therefore peaked in September ?

No. But it shows that our peak in September didn't guarantee us anything. It's much better to stay in and around the play offs, say keeping within single figures away at all times and then having your last ten or so games with some real momentum as many start to drop off as tiredness makes the league even more unpredictable. Obviously all wins count for the same but if you're heading for the play-offs momentum can be important and its just as important to avoid a long losing streak and just be plodding along with the rest of the bunch than have such up and downs and crises of confidences.

Naturally, it doesn't always go this way and it doesn't mean a team can have such a rough ride on their way to promotion but I'd rather have the stability of being in the top half of the table for most of the season. This board couldn't take the alternative, for one.

Aslong as we are still in touch with the top 6 by January then I think we will go up.

Get to January around the top 6, changed one or two players, and hopefully get stronger from there.

We have 2 pts more at this stage, than Reading did last year....so its still very possible!

still believe we will go up, either via the automatic spots, or the playoff. its still very early to call it yet, but its that period over christmas/Boxing day and New year that will show who will do what. Come January, sign a few good players, and we could be looking good to return to the PL

• Backroom

Yes, recent results of Rovers 0-2 Millwall, Rovers 1-2 Bolton, Rovers 1-1 Burnley, Rovers 1-1 Birmingham, Rovers 2-2 Huddersfield, Rovers 0-2 Palace just scream promotion to me. But we did beat the mighty Peterborough, lest I forget.

We'll be lucky to sneak the playoffs and I consider that very unlikely.

Could be a managerial change at Wolves soon - http://www.telegraph...ex-McLeish.html

Funny how a spell in the Prem turns so many fans into Billy Big Times with ideas way above their station isn't it?

still believe we will go up, either via the automatic spots, or the playoff. its still very early to call it yet, but its that period over christmas/Boxing day and New year that will show who will do what. Come January, sign a few good players, and we could be looking good to return to the PL

Berkovitz coming back is he?

• 3 weeks later...

bottom 3 all winning. will that make us 8 points above relegation ?

along with lots of others to be fair and still above Burnley.

we need some major changes now before it's all too late. All the coaching staff have to go.

does anyone seriously consider promotion / play offs a realistic possibility ??? call the men in white coats.

Archived