BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nPower Championship 12/13

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, IMO it is realistically impossible. Mr Power will gladly take your money though.

Get back to me in May and if I was wrong I'll gladly apologise if that view was mistaken.

If something is impossible it means it cannot be done. This is not the case. It is realistic that it won't happen, but it is not realistic that it is impossible. It is only realistically impossible when it is mathematically incorrect, and even then you've got the billion to one chance that all the teams above us up to 6th get points deductions. We know that there is a chance we can do it from this position, no matter how slight, that makes it more likely than impossible. But anyway, no point arguing over semantics.

Cardiff, Leicester and Watford will go up IMO.

Don't think Watford have the backbone for the playoffs. They've crumbled here. Lots of good technical players but not many leaders when it gets a bit rough.

Jonathan Williams for Palace looks a brilliant player. Never seen him play before. That's the sort of player I'd like us to sign in the summer.

• Backroom

Great everything went our way today. Need another four days like today and no slippage any other day.

Yep it's still a monumental task, people are getting a bit giddy but the main thing for me is we seem to be doing things the right way at least on the pitch at the minute

Also its one thing getting into the top 6 but even if we somehow manage that then we would need to stay there which would take a ridiculous run of form from here on in

Lets face it we will have a better idea after next two games. Cant afford to lose either of them - well certainly not the Brighton game.

The positives though are that no team below us are in a real run of form. Boro above us are in melt down - lost last five games. Brighton could prove competition for the playoff place, decent results overall in January/Feb but they didnt look any stronger than us when we played them. For all our obvious issues in midfield we are certailny a lot tougher to score against. DJ made a difference when he came on and Williamson may help improve our midfield. At least we now have a manager who can see where our weaknesses are and is trying to rectify them - I havent felt that since Sam

It remains a tough ask to get into the playoffs but at least we are now in the mix.

As a foot note, its certainly possible to catch Palace - win our game in hand and beat them at home and that leaves 3 points difference. Much harder to catch Watford, Hull and Leicester, as it requires a real drop in form from them as well as us having a really strong run of form all the way until the end of the season.

The goal differences in this league tell an interesting story (though of course not the only story, or necessarily the important story). 6 teams streaking ahead of the others in that regard. One team in the play-offs who may well be falling from their position lagging behind their rest, and also way behind the team who are the best placed outside the play-off spots.

• Backroom

The top 4 teams in this division are far superior to all of the others, the league table is ample proof of that. Even if we did somehow sneak the playoffs, I think we'd get destroyed by whoever we faced over two legs. We're miles behind the likes of Watford and Palace.

The play off semi's are 2 one off games, the final even more so. Once you are in it is an absolute lottery - and bear in mind that any team that breaks into the top 6 now will be doing so on the back of a great run of form and often ends up playing a team deflated as a result of missing out on automatic promotion.

Think its still a possibility, but i also think its highly unlikely that we will make the playoffs. Appleton has done well to keep us still in it, but we are hanging on by a threadSent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Well lets hope your phone sends strong threads!

Archived