BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nPower Championship 12/13

Freedman had 14 points to Appleton's 9 after 10 games, and he took over a team in the lower reaches of the league.

The comparison with Freedman is not one that shows Appleton in a favourable light.

NO comparison shows Appleton in a good light! 1 point from the last 5 games!

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I backed Bolton on here some weeks ago and many told me that the gap was too big. Just look at it now!

Going to be sickening if they do it, which as I did then, suspect they will.

I really, really, REALLY hope Notlob don't get promoted back into the Premiership.

I get your drift but they weren't the basket case we were and still are ..Just needed a new man at the helm with a bit of nouse(Coyle lost his way ) in many ways they were unlucky to be relegated ....

I think many on here would prefer Gartside and their owner (name I forget) to Venkys ,Shebby, Shaw et al ...

• Backroom

Barnsley and Peterborough both lead

If it stays this way we'll only be 4 points clear, potentially 1 point ahead going into Sunday

Why are you worrying Tom ? Le Chuck reckons we'll @#/? it.

Shouldn't you wait to till nearer the end of the season to take the @#/??

I predicted us to get relegated before a ball was even kicked last season, so I'm not saying we'll be fine out of mindless loyalty.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I consider it somewhat of a miracle every time we score a goal. For all the moaning that goes on regarding Jordan Rhodes, without his goals we would without question be deep in the relegation mire right now.

D'ya know what. We were talking about this at the game today. We just don't seem to be able to score or even create a real chance. We really lack a cutting edge. Without Rhodes we would already be down this season.

• Backroom

Yep, and he's created a huge portion of his goals from absolutely nothing, because he never gets any service. We've not been a creative team for many years, but this season really has been the absolute worst I can ever remember for creative play. We have nothing, and Appleton shipped out all players who even had the potential to create chances.

D'ya know what. We were talking about this at the game today. We just don't seem to be able to score or even create a real chance. We really lack a cutting edge. Without Rhodes we would already be down this season.

Rhodes is a big part of that problem.

He's scored 24 goals this season. In a team struggling badly and at a club in turmoil - under 5 different managers. Harsh to blame him.

We need to set the team up to give him the chances (knowing he will take them) and/or have other players help out by getting on the scoresheet as well.

get off my back.

always having a dig at me.

I wouldn't say always but your English isn't getting any better.

I guess I let my frustration show.

I'll try to tone it down, if you try to stop calling people 'pathetic'.

Why is he?

Let's take Rhodes out. We'd have a whole 22 goals between all our other players, that's not going to get us very far.

The argument is we'd possibly score more as a team with a striker who contributed more in open play.

We've scored 46 goals in the league this season. Watford have scored 75, and only 4 teams have scored less than us.

Defensively we're good with only 5 teams conceding less.

But with a striker who can't hold the ball up well, coupled with CM's who don't make enough runs into the box or generally support him enough, you could argue having a striker like Rhodes has proved detrimental in that respect.

On the other hand, we don't play to Rhodes strengths, balls into feet and from out wide.

I can't see Prem teams taking a punt on him and no other C'ship team will spend upwards of 5/6 million on a striker so I can see him still playing for us next year if we don't go down.

People can slag off the "show pony" Rochina but he got goals and assists. Not many others do.

The argument is we'd possibly score more as a team with a striker who contributed more in open play.

We've scored 46 goals in the league this season. Watford have scored 75, and only 4 teams have scored less than us.

Defensively we're good with only 5 teams conceding less.

But with a striker who can't hold the ball up well, coupled with CM's who don't make enough runs into the box or generally support him enough, you could argue having a striker like Rhodes has proved detrimental in that respect.

On the other hand, we don't play to Rhodes strengths, balls into feet and from out wide.

I can't see Prem teams taking a punt on him and no other C'ship team will spend upwards of 5/6 million on a striker so I can see him still playing for us next year if we don't go down.

People can slag off the "show pony" Rochina but he got goals and assists. Not many others do.

Correct. When we are under pressure and manage to clear the ball Rhodes can't hold it up. He's too easily brushed off and the pressure is back on. He's a goal poacher alright but apart from that quality talent it's like playing with 10 men. En enigma.

Archived