BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nPower Championship 12/13

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave Jones has just said on Talksport that Warnock told him that Kirkland went down like a sack of spuds!!!! Whether he did or not isn't the point. What sort of comment is that for a manager to make?!! That bloke is fecking unbelievable!

Warnock - "Kirkland went down like a tonne of bricks, but that doesn't matter."

Jones - "They should be banned from every away ground now, they are vile animals. You talk about racism, the chanting, that's a form of racism. And then [for the Leeds players] to go and wave at them... not in my book. You don't wave at them after that."

"They should be punished. I've had it for 12 years and it is just upsetting that they are able to do it. The authorities have to look at it and sort it. I'm talking about an incident when we should be talking about the football."

Warnock - "Kirkland went down like a tonne of bricks, but that doesn't matter."

Jones - "They should be banned from every away ground now, they are vile animals. You talk about racism, the chanting, that's a form of racism. And then [for the Leeds players] to go and wave at them... not in my book. You don't wave at them after that."

"They should be punished. I've had it for 12 years and it is just upsetting that they are able to do it. The authorities have to look at it and sort it. I'm talking about an incident when we should be talking about the football."

To be fair to Warnock, he has made himself pretty clear on this incident. He has said he is ashamed to be Leeds manager after this incident. His comments are spot on elsewhere.

To be fair to Warnock, he has made himself pretty clear on this incident. He has said he is ashamed to be Leeds manager after this incident. His comments are spot on elsewhere.

But in typical Warnock fashion he HAS to say something controversial (about Kirkland going down like a ton of bricks). What do you expect though as I saw him last night and he put his arm around a 'sewer rat'.

Don't know why Kirkland did the theatrics when it was a random goon that slapped him. Must just be instinct for modern footballers these days to fall like a bitch.

*This in no way endorses the brainless behaviour of said goon, btw.

• Backroom

To be fair he caught him totally by surprise and there was a bit of force even if it was a slap he possibly got a thumb in the eye

Probably more shock than anything though

To be fair he caught him totally by surprise and there was a bit of force even if it was a slap he possibly got a thumb in the eye

Probably more shock than anything though

Any money you like he wouldn't have gone down like that in the street.

Kirkland said today that he "felt like he was hit by a baseball bat" and "he caught me a cracker". Anyone would think he got slugged by Joe Frazier, not bitch-slapped by some scrawny chav,

First time I've seen him today but Charlie Austin over at the Dingles is looking like a bargain, was it 1.5 million? and he's only 23. Hopefully somebody will nab him off them in the Jan transfer window

I think it might even have been 1 million.

If I'm not mistaken that makes it 12 goals in his last 7 games, 14 league goals for the season so far.

I think it might even have been 1 million.

If I'm not mistaken that makes it 12 goals in his last 7 games, 14 league goals for the season so far.

Wow more of a bargain then, apart from his goal noticed he did a hell of a lot of work on and off the ball as well, is he always like this ? pretty consistent with his work rate etc?

Don't know why Kirkland did the theatrics when it was a random goon that slapped him. Must just be instinct for modern footballers these days to fall like a bitch.

*This in no way endorses the brainless behaviour of said goon, btw.

What a big girls blouse Kirkland is... lying flat out on the floor while the trainer attended to..... what exactly? :rock: Personally I thought he was instinctively trying to get him sent off!

The lad is a @#/? of that there is no doubt and he deserves banning but he only pushed him in the face without real malice or intent so how about the double standards of the authorities re: the vicous Cantona assault on Matthew Simmonds? Cantona didn't even get a night in the cells when in reallity he should have been banned from every football ground in the country!

Archived