BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nPower Championship 12/13

Coyle - Played 4, Won 1, Drew 1, Lost 2 this season.....Played 38. Won 10, Drew 6, Lost 22 last season.....Played 6, Won 1, Drew 0, Lost 5 after losing 5-0 to Stoke.

Overall - Played 48, Won 12, Drew 7, Lost 29......0.89 points per game, 25% Win ratio.

Kean - Played 4, Won 2, Drew 2, Lost 0 this season......Played 38, Won 8, Drew 7, Lost 23 last season.....Played 5, Won 2, Drew 2, Lost 1 after they lost 5-0 to Stoke.

Overall - Played 47, Won 12, Drew 11, Lost 24.......1 point per game, 25% Win ratio.

Kean has a marginally better record.....no wonder they aren't happy.....the free-flowing passing game they are sometimes said to have is a myth as well from what I have seen and statistics on their passing.

Both Kentaro clients too!!

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not mind games braddock, just an honest assessment. Look at it this way, your are second and we are 22nd, tells it's own story really.

Of course there's a lot of football to be played between now and December - even more so until March - but from what I've seen and heard about in the games I haven't seen, then we need to see some real improvement to survive another season in this league. Who knows, in another 8 games I might be telling you how we are going to give you a good hiding.

Not mind games braddock, just an honest assessment. Look at it this way, your are second and we are 22nd, tells it's own story really.

Of course there's a lot of football to be played between now and December - even more so until March - but from what I've seen and heard about in the games I haven't seen, then we need to see some real improvement to survive another season in this league. Who knows, in another 8 games I might be telling you how we are going to give you a good hiding.

The vast majority of our fans will be petrified of this game, myself included. This is one of the best chances you have had if you aren't in the relegation zone come the game. And if you are it's still a better chance than when we beat you 5-0.

• Backroom

I think you'll be ok Longsiders, in Austin you have a real goalscorer who may just be the difference

Sadly I think you'll take points off us this season

The vast majority of our fans will be petrified of this game, myself included. This is one of the best chances you have had if you aren't in the relegation zone come the game. And if you are it's still a better chance than when we beat you 5-0.

In a sense I agree with you, I don't think your current squad is as good as the one we faced back then, then again neither is ours. Going into the season I was hoping the venkys/kean turmoil might give us an edge but if thinks keep going as they are even a lot of that will have died down.

I think you'll be ok Longsiders, in Austin you have a real goalscorer who may just be the difference

Sadly I think you'll take points off us this season

Even a natural scorer like Austin needs service, he won't create many himself. Our wide men have done little so far but they do deliver a few decent crosses each game and Austin has profited from them but its to infrequent.

One thing that has so far been lacking is something I read a lot of you complain about last season. Sure players have off days, some are maybe not as talented as others but they can all fight, can all give it their whole each game. Sadly very few of ours seem to at the moment. Our only real chance as I look at it now is if Paterson can stay fit, he makes a massive difference to our results.

Longsider-I noticed in the LT today that the Burnley fan mentioned your manager has won 4 out of the last (league?) 19 matches.

This sounds as though he is really on a downward lide, which I hadn't realised.

Will he be able to improve?

Longsider-I noticed in the LT today that the Burnley fan mentioned your manager has won 4 out of the last (league?) 19 matches.

This sounds as though he is really on a downward lide, which I hadn't realised.

Will he be able to improve?

Honestly no idea. I was surprised when I first read that stat myself. In all honesty I think he's got it wrong and won't be able to turn it around. He's neglected a deficiency in our centre midfield for over 18 months now - and yet he seems intent on the passing game which demands you have a strong, able central midfield.

He's had an easy ride so far from the fans, he's been shown a lot of patience but that has very much run out now.

For better or worse this is his squad. He's chosen the players and whilst he's not had huge amounts to spend he's had enough to have assembled a squad that is at least competitive in the middle of this league.

I know braddock thought I was playing mind games but I'm not. As early as it is in the season, if we don't see a major upturn in performances, and quickly, then I think we are assured a relegation battle - gates are already dropping off

I wonder what Rovers attendances will be for this years derby, whether many boycotting will change principles for these two games.

I know we won't, if you're going to do something do it properly, if you don't you're no better than Kean and his cronies.

A better comparison would be looking at the performance prior to them joining the club, eg sam's record v Kean and Megson v Coyle

I think you'd find a bigger drop off in results from Kean

Hasnt Coyle handicapped himself with Keef.

Bolton have been a poor side since sammy lee took over. Megson, as much as i dislike his arrogant nature did well to keep them up and it was only a matter of time til they went down.

Worrying how they won 4-0 away on the first game and went down. The same thing happened to Blackpool the year before. Luckily for Swansea they bagged and extra goal at qpr or i would have had a tenner on them!

The last game of the season is Birmingham away sat 4th May , do we not play last game of season on a sunday?

Probably be changed nearer the time.

I have noticed that Rovers fans have been stung (again) with the fixture list though. Away first match, away last match and away on Boxing Day. Wasn't it the virtually same story last year?

I wonder what Rovers attendances will be for this years derby, whether many boycotting will change principles for these two games.

Why are you asking this question? I most certainly wont even be seeking to get a ticket for either game unless Kean is gone. And that will be the first time in my entire history of Rovers supporting, that I will have missed this particular derby.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been unable to watch any npower championship games on TV this season here in Canada. The station that broadcast the npower games for the last 3 years appears to no longer do so. Does rovers player stream all the matches live or is it just radio commentary?

5 now.....I was speaking to a couple of Birmingham fans a couple of weeks ago in a pub when they were playing Watford I think it was and they really weren't happy with the manager.

That Lee Clark who Huddersfield weren't really happy with either....they said they would give him time for the team to gel but if performances/results didn't improve soon then they would start to get restless.

They've got a pretty strong team and certainly shouldn't be in the bottom half, let alone losing 5-0 at home to Barnsley.

Lee Clark, gave a lot of passion and hard graft to Town. He had one of the the biggest budgets in league one and total support form our chairman for over three years. The fact though is that he had failed in his prime objective of promotion 3 times and was heading that way for a 4th attempt.The 43 game unbeaten record papered over many cracks and dodgy substandard performances. It took a bold decision from Hoyle to sack him and bring in Simon Grayson.

Unbelievably if Town manage to beat Blackpool on Monday, Huddersfield will go second in the league.

N.B. it is good to see Jordan has continued his scoring ability over to your side. I still say he'll hit around 30 goals in the championship and would be a good bet for 15-20ish goals if he were in the premiership. good luck to him.

Archived