BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

Today being VE Day, I couldn't help thinking back to the 50th Anniversary night when Flowers played out of his skin to deny Newcastle. We effectively won the title that night to be assisted on the way the following weekend by Miclowsko. Keepers make all the difference!

Happy days!

I'm a terrible speller and would never pull anyone over spelling, but that attempt is pathetic Darren! But made me laugh I have to say.

Miklosko was his name (yes I had to google it)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you have been had

;)

Your locals have a dingle look about them

And they call everyone 'my lover' round here. Men, women, strangers, relatives, makes no difference.

I could do with a cider right now.

The fans have never liked him but the owners knew they would be playing premier league football next season if they kept him.

Fans have been getting increasingly vocal, so looks like fan power might just win the day again.

West Ham need to be very careful in who they appoint next. Make a move for Moyes perhaps?

Really? I'd bet there are a lot more Man Utd fans in Manchester (and Liverpool fans in Liverpool) than there are City fans.

Anyway, 2.5 million people in Greater Manchester, half a million in the city itself, and they can't get 60,000 to watch them all but clinch the title.

Edit: Here's an article about the 'blue Manchester' myth: http://therepublikofmancunia.com/attendances-manchester-united-vs-manchester-city-the-city-is-ours/

If you don't fancy reading that site (it's pretty red) then the summary is that United have had bigger attendances than City since before glory supporters existed - every year since 1947, including years when City won the league and when United were in the second division, and throughout the 1970s when City was the more successful club.

They'd struggle to fit 60,000 in, present capacity 47,805, I believe it will be around 61,000 when they have upgraded.

• Moderation Lead

Think if WHU pot Allardyce, history will repeat itself and they'll go down.

Also reckon the same will happen at Swansea with a full season of Garry Monk.

Strange appointment by Swansea. I just can't see it ending in anything other than a relegation battle.

Maybe they should do a swap then. Swansea will stay up and WHU with their awful following will be back to yo yoing.

Yeah just heard that too on Radio, relegation for the Hammers it is then.

Maybe they'll get 'Arry' in.

I expect he'll be engineering that right now cos his humiliation will be complete and his position virtually untenable at QPR if with a wage bill almost double that of Atletico Madrid if they dont win the play offs.

In a heartbeat, as anyone with a brain would. Like BFS would come anywhere near us again though...

I think some of the following replies, from the usual suspects, might surprise you

;)

Maybe they should do a swap then. Swansea will stay up and WHU with their awful following will be back to yo yoing.

I expect he'll be engineering that right now cos his humiliation will be complete and his position virtually untenable at QPR if with a wage bill almost double that of Atletico Madrid if they dont win the play offs.

Yeah but did he sign them all? Has he not been challenged telling some they are not needed? It's not easy having the highest wage bill, or the 2nd highest apparently. Cut him some slack, they also have a longer term master plan.

Big Sam back here? Play offs guaranteed and promotion a probability.

• Backroom

I was thinking Andy Carroll may sink City tomorrow and do something right for Liverpool eventually - but I've just seen a picture of him supposedly out on the lash tonight!

Archived