BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking at the behaviour of the Newcastle and West Ham fans recently - of course, different situations to ours, however both have led to sympathetic debate about whether they should change their manager.

The banner saying 'Fat Sam Out' hasn't received too much criticism.

However, when we had to endure the disgraceful nonsense of Kean/his agent, we (the fans) were the bad guys.

Not surprised but still frustrating how it was all reported at the time.

West Ham beats Spurs, I think that takes pressure off of Everton to get a result against Man City, Everton aiming for 5th, Europa League. Everton likely won't catch Arsenal though mathematically, they could catch them for 4th place.

Villa 3-1 over Hull as of now, that would seem to cinch Villa staying up.

Cardiff and Fulham are down now.

Cardiff should have never sacked Malky Mackay. will they keep OGS now? or sack him?

Will Fulham sack Magath now?

Norwich need to win 2 games to even stand a chance staying up. very doubt that

Glad to see Cardiff and Fulham go down. Both in turmoil off the pitch with poor managers so don't see them being a major threat next season. Major rebuilding needed at both clubs. Cardiff will now regret letting Conway and Gestede go.

Two tough teams to face next season.

Both will lose a lot of players. Plus, Fulham have an ageing squad who will need replacing. Cardiff are just a mess and remind me of when we went down.

Glad to see Cardiff and Fulham go down. Both in turmoil off the pitch with poor managers so don't see them being a major threat next season. Major rebuilding needed at both clubs. Cardiff will now regret letting Conway and Gestede go.

Both will lose a lot of players. Plus, Fulham have an ageing squad who will need replacing. Cardiff are just a mess and remind me of when we went down.

I agree with that.

I don't see Fulham being strong next season or Cardiff.

can see a change of manager at both clubs tbh.

both clubs are a mess and both need major rebuild of the squad.

Norwich will be stronger team of the 3 teams coming down. will be interesting to see who they appoint as manager. I can see either Sherwood or Lennon there tbh

I agree with that.

I don't see Fulham being strong next season or Cardiff.

can see a change of manager at both clubs tbh.

both clubs are a mess and both need major rebuild of the squad.

Norwich will be stronger team of the 3 teams coming down. will be interesting to see who they appoint as manager. I can see either Sherwood or Lennon there tbh

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Backroom

Norwich will be the best equipped of the teams coming down but will need to get rid of the likes of Van Wolfswinkel who must be on a ridiculous wage for the ability he actually possesses.

Fulham will be no stronger than Wigan were this season and Cardiff are an absolute mess. The clubs at the bottom of the division will likely be there again next season - barring a takeover I don't see the likes of Birmingham, Sheff Weds, Charlton, Millwall etc improving massively. Bolton's horrendous debt means it's unlikely they'll significantly improve either.

If we can keep the core of our current team together for next season we'll be in with a real shout... it's a big, big if though.

Norwich will be the best equipped of the teams coming down but will need to get rid of the likes of Van Wolfswinkel who must be on a ridiculous wage for the ability he actually possesses.

Fulham will be no stronger than Wigan were this season and Cardiff are an absolute mess. The clubs at the bottom of the division will likely be there again next season - barring a takeover I don't see the likes of Birmingham, Sheff Weds, Charlton, Millwall etc improving massively. Bolton's horrendous debt means it's unlikely they'll significantly improve either.

If we can keep the core of our current team together for next season we'll be in with a real shout... it's a big, big if though.

Norwich have a ready made championship team so will be strong. Depends who there manager is though.

Cardiff and Fulham will be a mess. They won't do anything.

Also hoping QPR go up as I think they'll be really strong next season. They'd already be promoted if Austin had been fit all season. Brighton and Wigan are average. Derby have done well but just don't fancy them to repeat this form next season. Will people like Chris Martin and Johnny Russell have such good seasons again? Not convinced. Will Hughes will leave as well.

• Backroom

Norwich have a ready made championship team so will be strong. Depends who there manager is though.

Cardiff and Fulham will be a mess. They won't do anything.

Also hoping QPR go up as I think they'll be really strong next season. They'd already be promoted if Austin had been fit all season. Brighton and Wigan are average. Derby have done well but just don't fancy them to repeat this form next season. Will people like Chris Martin and Johnny Russell have such good seasons again? Not convinced. Will Hughes will leave as well.

Watching Norwich recently I'm not convinced their current team will be up to much. They were far worse than Championship standard against United, and they were supposed to be fighting for their lives.

What they will have (I assume) is a healthy budget, so if they can sell players like Van Wolfswinkel and bring in more suitable players for the league they can be a threat.

Cardiff and Fulham are down now.

Cardiff should have never sacked Malky Mackay. will they keep OGS now? or sack him?

Will Fulham sack Magath now?

Norwich need to win 2 games to even stand a chance staying up. very doubt that

I think it was said weeks ago by Fulham that they would keep Magath if they went down. Who knows?

For the Championship League playoffs, I'd tend to go with Derby to win.

Archived