BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

It was his first touch not his studs that betrayed him. Looked to me like he'd taken his eyes off the ball. He'd have got away with that at 'point' of midfield but deep sitting and frequently being last man requires a very different mentallity.

The way Rodgers sets up can leave them exposed. In possession of the ball in their defensive third the full backs immediately bomb on and the centre backs split leaving Gerard plenty of options usually. His poor touch and slip could have been covered by one of the centre backs but they were too wide leaving Ba a straight run at goal. I'm surprised a lot more teams haven't squeezed on Gerard in similar circumstances.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Rogers pretty much out sulked Jose in his post match interview

He got outwitted by a better manager and couldn't accept the fact post game - poor form he has to hope that woe is me attitude doesn't soak into his team as there's a great chance that if they win two games they are champions

• Backroom

It's easy to look good when you're winning, but managers of genuine class show themselves to be so when they're not doing so well. Brendan's always been one to sulk and whine when things aren't going his way.

• Backroom

I still have them as favourite just because I think they will walk their two remaining games whilst City have 3 to win including 2 potentially tricky away fixtures

Not the first time Rodgers has criticised another teams style of play, he was very critical of how we played against them some years back. It's ok people slagging off a teams style of play and I agree it's not good to watch but Liverpool got figured out today, they come at you in the first half... Chelsea let them and they had no answers.

I still have them as favourite just because I think they will walk their two remaining games whilst City have 3 to win including 2 potentially tricky away fixtures

City only have one away game and that is Everton, with Villa and West Ham having to go to the Etihad. City are favourites for me now as they are the team with it in their own hands and at this stage of the season that is pivotal.

Nope. Rhodes has proven himself over two seasons. Gestede, it's too early to say.

I'd keep both and sell Lowe. English, former U21 captain and spend more effort trying to find ways to get rid of the higher earners who aren't playing.

I'd keep Lowe. I think we'd miss the midfielder with most clearances, blocked shots and interceptions. However you'll probably tell me, Gary Bowyer, Stuart Pearce and another 5+ coaches we are wrong.

Making this a short post and distilling some info. Does it look like Liverpool and Manchester City could both finish with 86 points? City wins with better goal differential at this point. Man City have to play Everton next week who are playing for 5th place, Europa League and Everton just dropped a game to Southampton, can't be good for them. I thought the Reds were a shoe-in to win the title.

I'd keep Lowe. I think we'd miss the midfielder with most clearances, blocked shots and interceptions. However you'll probably tell me, Gary Bowyer, Stuart Pearce and another 5+ coaches we are wrong.

Nice way to try to bolster your argument but, come on, you can't just make stuff up. Most interceptions? You're having a laugh. Name the 5+ coaches too please. Maybe we can get on to Nicko to create a few links for us.

Let's not even get into your inadvertent use of the word 'coaches' and not managers.

Hmm, who to sell first, Rhodes, Gestede or Lowe, it's a toughie.

Just that you can't compliment Gestede without taking ANOTHER swipe at Rhodes.

That's cos I watch him live and not on a 30 second TV clip on the football show. You should try it. Who knows you might even like it.

Nice way to try to bolster your argument but, come on, you can't just make stuff up. Most interceptions? You're having a laugh. Name the 5+ coaches too please. Maybe we can get on to Nicko to create a few links for us.

Let's not even get into your inadvertent use of the word 'coaches' and not managers.

Not if you know anything about football Stuart and don't base your opinion on schoolboy argument based on hero worship.

• Backroom

With your predictions prior to and during yesterdays games,I trust youre not the betting type.

I am not due to me being the worlds worst gambler

I did win some money when I put a tenner on Steve Kean being the next manager to leave though

Jisty, Jason has 50 interceptions - more than any other Rovers Midfielder this season. He is also on 18 blocked shots for the season, more than Cairney, WIlliamson and Evans. Do I need to cite where I find my statistics, because I've never asked that of you!

I'm not going down the route of "who should we sell first" because its daft, but I know that you are not the only person who cannot see the merits of Jason Lowe.

and as for the staff, coaches etc who may have seen Jason Lowe's talents;

Sam Allardyce

Neil Mcdonald

Gary Bowyer

Phil Cannon

David Lowe

Stuart Pearce

Terry Mcphillips

Brian Eastick

Gareth Southgate

need I go on?

Jisty, Jason has 50 interceptions - more than any other Rovers Midfielder this season. He is also on 18 blocked shots for the season, more than Cairney, WIlliamson and Evans. Do I need to cite where I find my statistics, because I've never asked that of you!

I'm not going down the route of "who should we sell first" because its daft, but I know that you are not the only person who cannot see the merits of Jason Lowe.

and as for the staff, coaches etc who may have seen Jason Lowe's talents;

Sam Allardyce

Neil Mcdonald

Gary Bowyer

Phil Cannon

David Lowe

Stuart Pearce

Terry Mcphillips

Brian Eastick

Gareth Southgate

need I go on?

Yes, Joe, please do cite your source of those stats. When I quote stats, I do include the source so it seems fair.

As for your list, that's really clutching at straws mate. Allardyce is about the only one who I would take as that of an actual manager, the rest are coaches (at best). Now, how many games did he play under Allardyce?

Southgate hasn't picked Lowe. I seem to remember hearing to be eligible age wise you have to be 21 or under when the qualifying campaign starts (I'm sure James Milner played in an U-21 tournament at the age of 23 because of this rule).

Don't know whether Lowe would be eligible or not though can't be bothered to check.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/95930

Jason has a lower interception rate per game than Evans but more for the season with playing more. Evans 1.6, Lowe 1.3.

You need to use the league rating system to see totals - 18 blocked shots is the most for a midfielder. You also slightly misread what I said in terms of whether we would miss him, or if they would rate him - rather than who is a "manager"...

Also I appreciate this ain't prem happenings either so last post on the subject!

That's cos I watch him live and not on a 30 second TV clip on the football show. You should try it. Who knows you might even like it.

And I'm sure had I said I'd sign Corry Evans before Jason Lowe, you'd excuse me of victimizing Lowe, and make your customary reference to Wilcox & Pedersen.

It's hilarious that you can't see your own flagrant hypocrisy.

Rogers pretty much out sulked Jose in his post match interview

He got outwitted by a better manager and couldn't accept the fact post game - poor form he has to hope that woe is me attitude doesn't soak into his team as there's a great chance that if they win two games they are champions

There was no outwitting for me. Mourinho turned up for the draw. Just like he did at Barcelona a few years ago, and just like West Ham did at Chelsea this season - after which he was having a right go Allardyce's "19th century football". Ba's goal was a result of a cock up, not tactical brilliance. After that Liverpool had to get past 9 men.

Suarez picked the wrong game to have a bad one. It was also no surprise to me that Sterling did nothing against Ashley Cole. He may be older, without the dead ball ability of Baines, or the energy of Luke Shaw, but he is an excellent defender.

I'd still go as far to say as Ashley Cole is England's best player. It will be a travesty if he doesn't start at the World Cup.

People were clamouring for Baines to play last time against Ukraine? (maybe) and Baines let his man get ahead of him to score from a cross. This just wouldn't have happened under Cole.

In tournaments for me, he was usually outstanding. Apart from the Germany game in 2010.

I'd still go as far to say as Ashley Cole is England's best player. It will be a travesty if he doesn't start at the World Cup.

People were clamouring for Baines to play last time against Ukraine? (maybe) and Baines let his man get ahead of him to score from a cross. This just wouldn't have happened under Cole.

In tournaments for me, he was usually outstanding. Apart from the Germany game in 2010.

Cole is the only genuine worldie that England have had for years.

Makes me laugh when ex pros come out and say 'he's not going to start anyway, so you might as well bring Shaw along for the experience'.

Wonder how many would still say that if we were up against Germany in the knock out stage and Baines was injured.

Archived