BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

Man U got a kicking today. They were never at the races. 3-0 flattered them. Everton played well.

Chelsea were good in the first half and resorted to mourinho's bore them to death tactics after the break. They need 6 points from 5 games. They will walk it. TV should show the bottom 6 games from here on out. That hasn't been decided yet.

Newcastle will scrape it. I think Sunderland will drop.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Chelsea have benefited from a severe lack of quality across the board in the PL this season. They are the most boring team in the league, but also the most functional, with a manager who has a brain and players who actually stick to their tasks.

United will be a much stronger prospect next season, as will City assuming they bring in a strong manager to replace Pelligrini, who is surely going to get the chop after their embarrassing displays this season. Arsenal meanwhile will once again be Arsenal - the team who always finish in the top four but never win the title.

Man U got a kicking today. They were never at the races. 3-0 flattered them. Everton played well.

Chelsea were good in the first half and resorted to mourinho's bore them to death tactics after the break. They need 6 points from 5 games. They will walk it. TV should show the bottom 6 games from here on out. That hasn't been decided yet.

Newcastle will scrape it. I think Sunderland will drop.

And that is all that counts. Everybody loves to watch Arsenal but they win nowt. Chelsea are based on a solid professional defence and a stifling midfield with forwards of real flair. With the services of Gestede. Rodes and King a Mourhino clone would have got us promoted no problem and probably with weeks to spare........ but in return he would have been subject to universal scorn and derision and probably hounded out asap by the wise owls on the Blackburn and Darren ends.

Credit to Chelsea. Easily the most consistent side this season and especially early on they played some cracking stuff. Pleased Arsenal didn't capitulate and should they win the FA CUIp they have momentum winning over two seasons.

Have admired Burnley and their efforts this season. Credit were it is due. Time is running out for them however.

Newcastle in freefall but may just have enough points already. What a carry on at that club!

Not bothered whether its QPR, Sunderland, Newcastle or Leicester who go. Good result for Hull at weekend away at Palace. Palace must be one of the seasons success stories as well.

• Moderation Lead

Think it will be United's trophy next season, Chelsea have been fortunate that everyone else has been poor at the top. If they have Costa sidelined again for a long period (which is fairly likely, he's not quite made of glass, but maybe something slightly stronger!) I'm not sure they'll get away with that with stiff competition.

The guy bleeds black and white, pathetic really.

He was appointed as the transfer window was closing, so not much chance of him addressing the sides issues.

Bit like us doing the same to Tony Parkes :(

Is the problem not that he's seen as Ashley's man? I take your point though, must be heartbreaking for him.

Is the problem not that he's seen as Ashley's man? I take your point though, must be heartbreaking for him.

Yes that could be his problem chris, but they weren't complaining when Pardue, who most certainly is Ashleys man, had them finishing the season in 5th.

And that is all that counts. Everybody loves to watch Arsenal but they win nowt. Chelsea are based on a solid professional defence and a stifling midfield with forwards of real flair. With the services of Gestede. Rodes and King a Mourhino clone would have got us promoted no problem and probably with weeks to spare........ but in return he would have been subject to universal scorn and derision and probably hounded out asap by the wise owls on the Blackburn and Darren ends.

I'm not decrying their skill or talent. It takes a lot to be as disciplined as Chelsea are (although as others have pointed out the competition has been woeful). That shows how good Mourinho is. It's just painful to watch.

They can play great football. Their game at Turf Moor was a joy to watch. They went 1 down, blitzed Burnley with some great football, and used the 2nd half as a training exercise.

It would be a great exercise to see Mourinho take over at Accy Stanley. They have no money and the lowest gates in the league. How far would he get them?

Pretty far I'd imagine. He's a top class manager without question.

It might not be exciting for the neutral but why should him, his players or Chelsea's fans care about that.

Mourinho says a 1-0 in April is the same as a 10-0 in August. He toned it down in the 2nd half of the season to grind out wins.

Some managers wouldn't have done that and looked to play as free-flowing attacking football as possible but we know Mourinho isn't like that.

Couldn't agree more there Salgado. Chelsea fans aren't going to give a toss how they got that title, the fact is they will be champions (if they get over the finish line) and they will celebrate it like any other fan would if their team won it.

All the other fans will moan it was boring but any one of them would swap Chelsea's season for theirs in a heartbeat.

Fully agree and I do not blame them. The practice of ripping away fans off has to stop. At least there appears to be growing momentum in this area. (It could be argued it was easy to boycott that fixture the run they are (not) enjoying).

They have put prices up for next year apparently, but then reduced them for 2016 when the additional TV money kicks in.

With one eye on filling their new stadium, their proactive approach to fan attendance may pay dividends. £299.00 for PL football in London is cheap.

However, the failure to renew Big Sams contract and uncertainty created may have an adverse effect on morale and with only two wins from the last eleven played, they have plummeted from from fourth to mid-table. The vultures are now circling for the left back, centre half and defensive midfielder and should they lose Allardyce these players and others may well decide to scarper as well.

I'd like to see them bin off Sam and then plummet like a stone next season playing football much like we did under Kean; on the floor but fukcing pointless - would teach their stupid fans a valuable lesson after they've been prattling on about the West Ham way for nigh on 50 years since they claim to have won the World Cup.

Fact is the West Ham way has never existed and in recent memory the only ones who pandered to it played it were Zola and then Grant, shortly before Allardyce was drafted in to save their skin.

Some thanks he's had since then.

• Moderation Lead

Had Talksport on in the car on the way home, and Adrian Durham was defending Newcastle fans and their ire after John Carver's request for extra security....

Double standards Peterborough @#/?.

Had Talksport on in the car on the way home,

Well that was your first mistake.

and Adrian Durham...

And your second.

I used to listen to that claptrap on the way home from work too - and in the mornings. I'm a lot happier since I stopped. There is no info about Rovers in any shape or form and their defence of Kean finished me off.

It's not even as though you are getting genuine comment or debate, it's just done to generate callers. (I know you already know all this but I just wanted to get it off my chest!)

Had Talksport on in the car on the way home, and Adrian Durham was defending Newcastle fans and their ire after John Carver's request for extra security....

Double standards Peterborough @#/?.

Good cop bad cop routine is getting past it's sell by date these days.

Couldn't agree more there Salgado. Chelsea fans aren't going to give a toss how they got that title, the fact is they will be champions (if they get over the finish line) and they will celebrate it like any other fan would if their team won it.

All the other fans will moan it was boring but any one of them would swap Chelsea's season for theirs in a heartbeat.

I can remember Everton fans with their faces contorted in rage giving us loads of stick outside the ground for our negative tactics after our 2-1 win at Goodison in spring 95. Desperate defending that day which saw the best centre forward that the prem has ever seen, the mighty Alan Shearer spending the last 10 mins trying to hoof the ball over the stands and Hendry heading the ball clear on his hands and knees with flailing boots all around.

Happy days! The end certainly justified the means that year.

I certainly would love to be in Chelsea's shoes.

As a coach watching Chelsea is worth it. However as a watcher of Premier League football it's hardly pulse racing.

Idiots called us boring despite us scoring 3 goals in a lot of our home games.

• Moderation Lead

Well that was your first mistake.

And your second.

I used to listen to that claptrap on the way home from work too - and in the mornings. I'm a lot happier since I stopped. There is no info about Rovers in any shape or form and their defence of Kean finished me off.

It's not even as though you are getting genuine comment or debate, it's just done to generate callers. (I know you already know all this but I just wanted to get it off my chest!)

Indeed. I was waiting for my missus to finish work sat in the car, and changed over from 6 music. A bad idea all around Stuart!!

Good cop bad cop routine is getting past it's sell by date these days.

Quite. Darren Gough was no batsman when he was playing cricket, but the way he goes on it's like he's had a few blows to the head!!

Archived