BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the heavy defeat has left Rodgers, who side play Blackburn in their FA Cup quarter-final replay this week, resigned to the prospect of missing out on the Champions League.

"There's too much ground to make up - that's the realistic view from me," he said.

"Now, we must really focus on the FA Cup and that has got to be very, very important for us."

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/32185760

Amazing. So it is Brendan Rodgers, of all people, to put us to the sword. How can a manager with the slightest respect toward his own club ever give up like this? Who is this man? I mean Bowyer might be bad enough in the opposite extreme when he thinks we're top 6 material when we're like 20 points off, but to just give up on everything when they are only a few points off is crazy. And what the hell do they need the FA cup for? 5th place already gives them a Europa cup spot. Do they need it, or is Rodgers just a bit bitter we stopped his team last time around? I don't often say this, or care either way, but I hope this man loses his job. It would be incredible if we could actually finish the job and eliminate them, but with 10 players out and against a club of billionaires that will apparently be putting their entire season on winning this game, it would be the miracle of the century.

• Moderation Lead

:lol:

Frequently left footers who score spectacular goals. Also not many left footers are any good with their right foot.

I'm a leftie (footer not handed) and can confirm this to be the case!!

Just watched MoTD and yesterday's fixtures could have provided a goal of the season competition of their own. Goals by Adam, Zamora, Rooney, Gomis in particular are the stuff of dreams.

Just another comment which the press, media and footballing authorities need to consider is that all the excitement, intrigue and interest in the prem League is yet again confined to the relegation battle. The competition at the top end is in distant second place and has been for some time tbh.

I'm a leftie (footer not handed) and can confirm this to be the case!!

That's weird K-Hod, I'm the same. Completely useless with my right foot and my left hand. Apparently one side of the brain dominates the other (In reverse order too for some reason. For right sided people the left side of the brain is dominant and vice versa.) I rem my old biology teacher was at a loss to describe our condition.

Obviously political persuasion is down to other factors eh? :)

• Moderation Lead

Just watched MoTD and yesterday's fixtures could have provided a goal of the season competition of their own. Goals by Adam, Zamora, Rooney, Gomis in particular are the stuff of dreams.

Just another comment which the press, media and footballing authorities need to consider is that all the excitement, intrigue and interest in the prem League is yet again confined to the relegation battle. The competition at the top end is in distant second place and has been for some time tbh.

That's weird K-Hod, I'm the same. Completely useless with my right foot and my left hand. Apparently one side of the brain dominates the other (In reverse order too for some reason. For right sided people the left side of the brain is dominant and vice versa.) I rem my old biology teacher was at a loss to describe our condition.

Obviously political persuasion is down to other factors eh? :)

Ha, I'd actually say we weren't THAT far apart politically, but I doubt we'd ever vote for the same party!! C'est la vie.

Newcastle have been so pathetic they'll probably get a draw. I wonder what it's like being one of their fans; they reckon they are a big club yet consistently do nothing...........their season is a dead rubber but this is their derby FFS! Appalling!

Btw, i want Sunderland to win. So I'm not bothered......just saying like...............

Sunderland win, 46,000 at the match. Even when Sunderland has been poor the last 3 years, I think they've done well in most of these derby matches. 4 straight losses for Newcastle.

5 derby wins in a row for Sunderland.

Greato to see Burnley have another half decent result and still be in relegation places.

A stat doing the rounds on twitter than Man City haven't won away in the Premier League when behind at half time for 20 years.

Not sure if that means the last time was at Ewood or not.

Archived