BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

I revel in the fact that I stood by SD when lots on here were saying he was shyte.....quality defender

He did improve quite a lot in his last season with us but before that one he was horrendous from time to time.

I wouldn't say he showed signs of being a quality defender then, but if he has have improved now good for him as I have nothing against him.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I revel in the fact that I stood by SD when lots on here were saying he was shyte.....quality defender

One might suggest that Grant Hanley has certainly missed him!

Too many still can't see the wood for the trees though Andyblue. Same with the likes of N'Zonzi, Neill, Carsley etc, they all both played many matches in the Prem after leaving here to much criticism from various know nowts.

Dann had seemingly lost interest in playing for us, not that I blame him at that time under Kean.

I think I am correct in saying that Nzonzi has played more minutes for Stoke than any other player. Run further than any other player in the PL as of last week. Quality player that I liked a lot, who for some reason got a lot of criticism at Rovers even though he was player of the year in his first season, as a youngster, settling into a new league, in a new country. Strange.

Did he, though? I can't even remember the origin of this story.

Post Norwich, Kean dropped him for speaking out, cue training ground argument and Kean being interviewed with an alleged black eye.

Post Norwich, Kean dropped him for speaking out, cue training ground argument and Kean being interviewed with an alleged black eye.

I'd love to believe it but anecdotal evidence is notoriously unreliable.

• Moderation Lead

Didn't Givet whack him at HT of the Wigan game as well, then not appear for the 2nd half?

Didn't Givet whack him at HT of the Wigan game as well, then not appear for the 2nd half?

The rumour was Givet threw a paddy rather than whack him. Personally I believe the N'Zonzi one more - in the interview Kean gave he definitely had a shiner going on. When any player was asked they all responded with the exact same no comment line.

Dann had seemingly lost interest in playing for us, not that I blame him at that time under Kean.

Did he not say when he signed that the only reason he came to us was to play for Steve Kean?

Not many will say that in 2015.

Dann was dire for us though. His pace was lacking, and his positional sense was non-existent.

But it was all John Jensen's fault.

• Moderation Lead

Yaya Toure has been guff all season, as has Kompany. They've no bottle, and I suspect there will be a big clear out at the end of the season...

• Backroom

City are a joke. Kompany was complaining about FFP in the Mirror yesterday :lol: apparently that's the reason City are having such a bad season. Nothing to do with the fact they're a group of spineless mercenaries, the majority of whom are grossly overpaid and overrated.

£32M for Mangala :lol: can't blame that one on FFP, Vincent.

Archived