BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

Well QPR deserve to go down. Firstly appointing Arry, who let's be honest isn't all that as a manager. He gets them relegated despite having "no time" with the club - by which is meant half a season, then gets them up, an achievement that lessens when you look at their squad and wage bill, I mean 75 million wages - come on. Then he gets them heading - near certain for relegation - before the icing on the cake is jumping ship citing a knee op as the reason (incidentally he had the other one done a couple of seasons ago that didn't see him relinquish his position as manager.) Given the financial ruin the chap has put upon all his clubs, you do wonder why people keep employing him,,. Admittedly Hughes didn't help that situation but a large slice of the credit has to go to Redknapp.

Them they somehow go trump that appointment by appointing the assistant manager for the rest of the season. Great idea that - worked well at Rovers with K**n, brilliantly with Wolves and the bloke who followed McCarthy, working a treat at Newcastle - in fact it never works. (I'm sure it has somewhere - just very often it doesn't.) Yet despite this they appoint him. Madness

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And???

Great player over the years, less so in recent seasons, shame gangsters from his own City prevented him from moving to Chelsea when he wanted to, he might have won something.

Never had the bottle to stand up to them.

he another top flight tosspot.

He's a bloody miserable sod as well.

He's asked the Liverpool board to back Rodgers, he's spent 212m so far! How much backing does he need!

And???

Great player over the years, less so in recent seasons, shame gangsters from his own City prevented him from moving to Chelsea when he wanted to, he might have won something.

tbh he has won the biggest club competition.

My biggest gripe with the popular opinion as spun in the press and media is that imo he is a good solid club pro... but he certainly is not a world class footballing superstar that they all trump him up to be..

Never had the bottle to stand up to them.

Threats to his family in Liverpool made by well known hoodlums wasn't it? What would you have done jock?

tbh he has won the biggest club competition.

My biggest gripe with the popular opinion as spun in the press and media is that imo he is a good solid club pro... but he certainly is not a world class footballing superstar that they all trump him up to be..

Threats to his family in Liverpool made by well known hoodlums wasn't it? What would you have done jock?

True, perhaps to be more accurate I should have said "might have won something after he had moved"

where you with us when they lobbed bottles at us as we left that chippy?

I don't honestly remember any bottles being thrown at me pal, mind you I may possibly have still been eating! I remember it was a nice sunny evening so must have been early or late season. Age affects the memory I suppose. If someone had been throwing things at me I would have reacted of course back then.

I've been looking at the QPR forums just as a change to see what miserable message board is like. They seem very unconcerned about FFP in fact I couldn't even find a thread which discussed it.

They seem to quite fancy Josh King as well.

Leicester revival = Robert Huth...Wanted him for us..Could haved help our lot develope epsc Hanley ..

Burnley down cos of loss of Vokes/Ings combo last season....Vokes utter rubbish on his return

Rogers taking off Gerrard who just scored a mystery..Lucas I think replaced him..Dont make sense...Surely should have gone for the win.with an all out last attempt....More attackers ..Kept Gerrard on....He could have scored again surely .......

Hull unlucky with Dawson off the pitch for just a scratch....Its the end for them cos of this..

I've been looking at the QPR forums just as a change to see what miserable message board is like. They seem very unconcerned about FFP in fact I couldn't even find a thread which discussed it.

They seem to quite fancy Josh King as well.

Any idea who the 'bad eggs' in the QPR dressing room are that Chris Ramsey and Joey Barton refer to?

Any idea who the 'bad eggs' in the QPR dressing room are that Chris Ramsey and Joey Barton refer to?

Joey Barton referring to "bad eggs" is quite a hard one to swallow.

Taraabt gets mentioned as a malignant influence by some. I was surprised to find he's still there.

Sam Allardyce will leave WHU at the end of the season. has 2 offers from clubs, 1 from Fulham and 1 from overseas

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/11598549/West-Ham-manager-Sam-Allardyce-to-quit-Upton-Park.html

Rafa Benitez the favourite for the WHU job

http://www.brentwoodgazette.co.uk/8203-Rafa-Benitez-favourite-Allardyce-West-Ham/story-26485221-detail/story.html

I would have stayed at Liverpool and just got on with it. Then, when the time was right, struck back at them by slipping on my arse at a crucial moment to pee them all off.

• Moderation Lead

I might have known Joey Barton and Harry Redknapp weren't to blame......

It did make me laugh seeing Jermaine Jenas stick his oar in, when he was happy to sit back and collect a wage for doing nowt....

Sam Allardyce will leave WHU at the end of the season. has 2 offers from clubs, 1 from Fulham and 1 from overseas

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/11598549/West-Ham-manager-Sam-Allardyce-to-quit-Upton-Park.html

http://www.brentwoodgazette.co.uk/8203-Rafa-Benitez-favourite-Allardyce-West-Ham/story-26485221-detail/story.html

Bet he ends up at Leicester or Sunderland, depending on who stays up. Dyche for WHU?

Pity he is out of our league and there's no chance of getting him back here.

These are not kids hanging around outside the chippy scaring locals but serious individuals capable of very serious misdeeds.

He could have done a Rooney and got a bigger set a thugs in from London for protection. Or just have moved his family out to Buckinghamshire and faced up to them. But it looks like they liked Huyton too much. Pigs in 5h!t.

I might have known Joey Barton and Harry Redknapp weren't to blame......

It did make me laugh seeing Jermaine Jenas stick his oar in, when he was happy to sit back and collect a wage for doing nowt....

Yeah it's abit like Danny Murphy or Danny Mills talking about effort.

Isn't WHU's main gripe with Allardyce that he plays a too defensive, cynical game? Benitez might not trust percentages as much, but he's certainly a cautious manager who puts defense first. It also shows how bloated with cash the PL have become when a mediocre mid table club is considered a serious option for a manager in charge of Champions League-playing title contender in Italy.

• Moderation Lead

Isn't WHU's main gripe with Allardyce that he plays a too defensive, cynical game? Benitez might not trust percentages as much, but he's certainly a cautious manager who puts defense first. It also shows how bloated with cash the PL have become when a mediocre mid table club is considered a serious option for a manager in charge of Champions League-playing title contender in Italy.

Napoli have gone slightly backwards since Benitez went there, and the natives are restless, he wouldn't be missed there, put it that way!

Taraabt gets mentioned as a malignant influence by some. I was surprised to find he's still there.

Taraabt is on 75k p/w and has played 295 mins this eason = £10k per min

Also contract lasts until end of next season

If Allardyce does end up at Fulham, they would have to be well in the promotion mix.

TSF claims Fulham are viewed as a poisoned chalice

as there are expected to be huge cuts there this season

Archived