BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD–Leeds United v Blackburn Rovers (away)12/13

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently it was Leeds fans.

Sarcastic mocking when they equilised and when they went ahead from Leeds fans.

Savage said Rovers fans where saying Keano on the BBC. We where actually singing Nuno.

On another note, don't know if it's been mentioned but have to give great credit to the fan's inside the ground. We've had some crap press but yesterday the support from start to finish was great. It seemed the nonsense was put to one side very briefly and it was back to supporting the team, chanting some players names and giving them good applause off at the end despite the disapointment of nearly blowing it. Actually enjoyed football again yesterday for the first time in ages. It was almost like the rovers of old in the stands for a very brief moment lol

To be clear its not our fans I was referring to is morons it was more the telegraph for the match report, it was clearly "nuno, nuno".

Time to start chanting "Gomes, Gomes" instead, then. Wouldn't want the press to think the fans have forgiven the idiot in the dugout

I've no problem with either decision after seeing the goals on tv. Robinson jumped like an absolute fairy for their first. No conviction despite being a bloody big lad. This Div will be contain lots of the physical stuff than our players are used to so they had better shape up or ship out.

He was also playing against a manager who stabbed him in the back and showed him the door for ulterior motives imo.

Robbo has been a liability for a while. Great goalkeepers don't keep getting relegated. Lovely guy, can't catch and becomes too easily mesmerised at set pieces. Good occasional shot stopper. Hoofball distribution.

He would be the first place a decent manager would start. an £8m keeper would have been a better bet than and £8m forward. He'd be in play more!

On another note, don't know if it's been mentioned but have to give great credit to the fan's inside the ground. We've had some crap press but yesterday the support from start to finish was great. It seemed the nonsense was put to one side very briefly and it was back to supporting the team, chanting some players names and giving them good applause off at the end despite the disapointment of nearly blowing it. Actually enjoyed football again yesterday for the first time in ages. It was almost like the rovers of old in the stands for a very brief moment lol

How many went? Was reading stuff about 1,500 near the start of this thread but on the radio our fans sounded very loud first half. From my experience its few and far between now in away games where our fans aren't excellent.

How many went? Was reading stuff about 1,500 near the start of this thread but on the radio our fans sounded very loud first half. From my experience its few and far between now in away games where our fans aren't excellent.

Around 2k. Good effort considering the prices and everything else. They certainly shut leeds up in the first half.

This has to be classed as a point gained. Anyone who finishes above Leeds will be in the promotion shake up. A point away at promotion rivils will always be a good point.

Still the same problems with conceding. Always seemed a strange decision keeping Robinson on big wages and selling Bunn when Robinson's distribution doesn't fit in with the new passing style. I think Rhodes is a great signing but I'm not sure Coco can get the best out of him.

First chance to post since going to the game.

Strange one really: both teams will come away gutted that we didn't win and mightily relieved to get anything from it.

At 2-0 up and in ascendency we didn't look at all like loosing. The question was how many we'd win by. By 2-3 we'd lost it totally: mentally, physically and tactically. There looked no way back for us. So overall a point is a fair result BUT with the players we had and the situation we were in questions have to be asked about why we lost. How Leeds would play was obvious yet we still got sucked into their game.Poor management and preparation imo.

Raitings:

Robbo - 8 some decent saves. Not much chance with 1st 2 goals, could've done better for the 3rd.

Dann - not on the pitch long enough to make an impression

Givet - 7 - bit of a mixed game. Some botched clearances and didn't lead the line well for goals 2 & 3, but got stuck in and took one heck of a beating from Leeds, which must've hampered his game.

Olsson - 7 some great attacking play and link up but the lad cannot cross at all - his crossing is shambolic. Big hindrance for a wide player. Defensively ok but looked laboured a lot of the time.

RIbero - 6 struggled with Diouf and didn't do masses going forward. Quiet game.

Murphy - 5 not impressed. Kept the ball ticking over nicely most of the time but played far too many stupid passes which put us under a lot of pressure and is so lightweight defensively it makes our job very hard indeed. Not worth the big salary on this showing.

Dickson - 9 my MOTM. Got stuck in, broke up play and played some nice passes. Great defensively, good offensively - a gem of a buy.

Formica - 4 not a right winger. Struggled for pace. Had little impact offensively and defensively (the latter possibly due to an early yellow card). Unsuprisingly subbed.

Pedersen - 8 one of his better games. Worked hard and good link up play with Olsson down the left.

Nuno Gomes - 8 did all that was asked of him. Involved in all our attacking moves. Took his goal well.

Rhodes - 6 largly anonymous but then had poor service. Looks to have good technique but had very little opportunity to use it.

subs

Hanley - 7 I liked how stuck in he got, and he battled well. Unfortunately he sometimes gets a little overenthusiastic and jumps in when he shouldn't (like the second goal).

Lowe - 6 added a bit of energy and bite, but didn't really impose himself. He's not a right mid either.

Rochina - 6/7 - everything apart from the goal he did was wrong. Terrible decision making. But provided some magic to rescue a point from nowhere.

Conclusions:

• We have lots of talented players. In fact with a decent manager this squad would walk the league. Leeds another promotion favourite didn't look very good until we started playing their style of football.
  • Rochina & Hanley under the right management would become good players.
  • Rhodes will be a complete waste of money unless we give him proper service. Lumping balls up to him will not get the best out of him. However until someone in the squad learns to get to the byline and cross, we learn how to play a through ball or Rhodes can play in the hole (who then goes up top?) he's not going to fulfil his potential. Most of our build up passing happens deeper than the front man. I swear we could make Messi look average in our team...
  • We don't have a proper right midfielder.or a proper left back (unless the good Olsson is reconciled and rejoins the fold.) The lack of proper players for 2 positions is absymal.

Overall these conclusions make me feel with a proper manager we'd walk this league. Even with the clown we should still get lay offs as we have enough quality in the team and the inate crapness of the championship will allow Kean to blunder his way there. I've a feeling it'll be a very interesting season to see whether the talent of the players or the incompetence of Kean wins out.

I think that's a little unfair on Formica; whilst he isn't a right winger as you say I thought he showed impressive link up play at times with Gomes in particular that helped us get the ball forward.

I feel the side was 3 players away from being our strongest side. A swap of Olsson's is needed as whilst Marcus had one of his better games, his crossing is appalling and Rhodes in particular could really benefit with Martin whipping crosses in, which he improved upon under Big Sam. The way that Pedersen tucked in at times to allow the overlap was encouraging.

I think Orr is a more reliable option than Bruno and he will also again provide crosses for Rhodes. The third change would be Kazim for Formica to add pace down the right.

Just a reminder-----West Ham were 3-0 up at halftime and finished the game 3-0 and Hammers fans didn't complain!

We were 2-0 up close to halftime and conceded the next 3!

Oh for a real manager........

Wolves at home a few seasons ago ? Oh my, how the cognoscenti complained...............

'cognoscenti' huh? My you do do them proud. I find either 'numpty's, 'know nowts' or 'intellectual derelicts' a much better fit.

I'll never forget that match. A group of the above were sat a few rows back in the JW Upper that day screaming hatred and hurling abuse at the manager (in stereo with what seemed half the Blackburn End) just cos we played the ball backwards at 3-0 up with 5 mins remaining. Never saw them before nor since but imo it was quite obviously pre-planned.

• Moderation Lead

Looking at Leeds goals Robinson looked dreadful in all three of them with the first looking like he bottled out of the challenge.

Totally agree, he's great with the fans but he's looked poor for a while, particularly from long shots.

Wolves at home a few seasons ago ? Oh my, how the cognoscenti complained...............

Here we go again.......

• Moderation Lead

No ###### wonder is it? A clearer case of a club pressing the self destruct button both sides of the boardroom divide is hard to recall.

Our present plight is completely unnecessary and imo will only worsen.

I was alluding to the fact that it's boring to watch every thread descend into a willy-waving contest.

Archived