BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD–Leeds United v Blackburn Rovers (away)12/13

I've been hugely critical of Kean but I honestly thought that he didn't do much wrong today. The side was well set up and played some excellent football in the first half. On another day the referee would have given a foul against Robinson for the first goal and their second was the result of an obvious foul on Givet. Sometimes the opposition simply raise their game and outplay you for a time and I thought that is what happened today. Leeds suddenly stopped giving us time and space in which to play and made it a battle. One or two of the Rovers players will have to toughen up and, of course, Murphy and Gomes tend to tire during the second half. I would have happily settled for a point at the start and was more than happy with it after going behind. The loss of Dann and the injury to Givet was a blow as Hanley looked very shakey when he came on. Whilst I'm no fan of the manager the fact remains that we have eight points from four games and if we continue to average two points a game over the course of a season that will usually result in automatic promotion. Of course, there is no guarantee that we will achieve that but, then again, I didn't expect us to get eight points from these four games. It was noticeable that there were far fewer chants of "Kean Out" today, I assume because everyone was caught up in a cracking game of football.

I think a really objective view of the game.

Given the players we have at our disposal, with the right direction we should walk this league.

I hope they all appreciate the importance of 2nd December!

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been hugely critical of Kean but I honestly thought that he didn't do much wrong today. The side was well set up and played some excellent football in the first half. On another day the referee would have given a foul against Robinson for the first goal and their second was the result of an obvious foul on Givet. Sometimes the opposition simply raise their game and outplay you for a time and I thought that is what happened today. Leeds suddenly stopped giving us time and space in which to play and made it a battle. One or two of the Rovers players will have to toughen up and, of course, Murphy and Gomes tend to tire during the second half. I would have happily settled for a point at the start and was more than happy with it after going behind. The loss of Dann and the injury to Givet was a blow as Hanley looked very shakey when he came on. Whilst I'm no fan of the manager the fact remains that we have eight points from four games and if we continue to average two points a game over the course of a season that will usually result in automatic promotion. Of course, there is no guarantee that we will achieve that but, then again, I didn't expect us to get eight points from these four games. It was noticeable that there were far fewer chants of "Kean Out" today, I assume because everyone was caught up in a cracking game of football.

Top assessment of the game. Really enjoyed the day out to deepest Yorkshire today. The fans where in top voice .... was like the good old days. This time last year I had witnessed us take Everton to pieces at Ewood and yet come away with nothing ... give me this type of game any day of the week!

I have no time for Steve Kean, but he's given his best three post match interviews in the last three games.

Today, I don't feel any blame can be directed towards Kean. Bad refereeing and poor performances from Hanley, Murphy and Givey cost us the win.

We look excellent in the first 30 minutes. Really excellent.

I might sound like Steve Kean, but I will take many positives from today. I think the signs are good.

However, I am sad to see Blackburn Rovers fans fighting and squabbling with each other.

We have some real clowns following us at the moment.

Robinson should be doing better on the third goal for me, he gets a hand to it but it should be stronger there

I thought he should have done a lot better for the first one aswell. He looked so weak for both goals and looked suspect all match.

In hindsight maybe we should have put orr or lowe on for givet, because hafter he took that knock in their box he looked shakey and was getting bullied really easily which is unusual for him. Without Hanley making some hard tackles I think Leeds would have scored more.

12milesfromewood wrote: I just hope Henrique turns out to be a good un!!! Our defence worries me!!

your not the only one I just hope Henrique can use his 6'1" height to good effect

preston blue wrote:I sometimes wonder if some of these are Kean/Agnew/security plants who are looking for a ruck just to blame it on others who oppose the odious regime.

I have often wondered that nothing would surprise me with these clowns in charge.

Glen I hope the member of the action group is ok out of curiosity who was it?

Chaddy wrote: Still like us to sign a tall defender like Berra who would have dealt with Leeds direct play/long ball football.

I guess that would be Henrique's role he is 6'1" after all I just hope he turns out a good un

Tom wrote: Robinson should be doing better on the third goal for me, he gets a hand to it but it should be stronger there

totally agree Tom he got a good hand on it should have got across.

hesfromburn wrote: I thought he should have done a lot better for the first one aswell. He looked so weak for both goals and looked suspect all match.

there's not a lot he could have done for the 1st one as he was being fouled but funny you should say he looked suspect all night according to the radio commentary he was punching every ball into him was not catching the ball which seemed to unsettle the defence.

A draw at Leeds is a superb result, end of. They were always going to get back into it I'm afraid, they were the home team with a proper manager. Ashamed to say I left before Rochina scored and was in the Peacock surrounded by Leeds, who by the way were top lads even though they knew straightway i was Blackburn.

Police outside Varsity were a joke trying to herd us in taxis like animals, was tempted to chin that little short arse one, I've never met a more obnoxious little moron in my life.

Kean blames refereeing decisions for Rovers' collapse in draw

http://www.lancashir...llapse_in_draw/

But back in March,

KEAN COMES TO DEFENCE OF REFEREES

"Sometimes referees could be in slightly better positions. When we had a decision that went against us at Norwich, when you look at the position the referee was in, it looked as though it was a deliberate handball.

"But we've always got the beauty of seeing it in high definition, six or seven different angles, frame by frame. I think the referees give what they see and I would never question that."

Kean blames refereeing decisions for Rovers' collapse in draw

http://www.lancashir...llapse_in_draw/

But back in March,

KEAN COMES TO DEFENCE OF REFEREES

"Sometimes referees could be in slightly better positions. When we had a decision that went against us at Norwich, when you look at the position the referee was in, it looked as though it was a deliberate handball.

"But we've always got the beauty of seeing it in high definition, six or seven different angles, frame by frame. I think the referees give what they see and I would never question that."

On this occasion Kean is absolutely correct in what he says. The foul on Givet was obvious and right in front of the referee and the linesman. Robinson looked to have been fouled at the time and in the Premier League I have no doubt that it would have been given. Personally I don't have a problem with the manager pointing this out yesterday. Again, in the past he has tried to be supportive of refs which is fair enough but yesterday's decisions were shocking.

The two goals were fouls so at least he is able to see the blinding obvious which comes as a slight relief. But didn’t formica boot the ball away when he was on a yellow card thus being very fortunate to stay on the pitch, and didn’t leeds have a goal disallowed?

Admittedly only going of what heard as couldn’t bare seeing baldy twice in 5 days but the harsh conceded goals aside it still seems to me as far as poor refs decisions go over past 18 months he is one lucky fat (Please don't use that word again).

Referees make mistakes in games that either goes in your favour or against you; it's just part of the game. Kean can blame the ref's all he wants but the truth of the matter is we were absolutely dire in that second half as we sat too deep and defended poorly. It was only a moment of brilliance from a player who frustrated the fans earlier with two pointless long shots when there were better options on that got us the point.

No point moaning about the ref’s, concentrate on stuff you have an influence over i.e. defending, how deep the players are set up etc.

• Backroom

Referees make mistakes in games that either goes in your favour or against you; it's just part of the game. Kean can blame the ref's all he wants but the truth of the matter is we were absolutely dire in that second half as we sat too deep and defended poorly. It was only a moment of brilliance from a player who frustrated the fans earlier with two pointless long shots when there were better options on that got us the point.

No point moaning about the ref’s, concentrate on stuff you have an influence over i.e. defending, how deep the players are set up etc.

Correct. If we'd lost yesterday's match 3-2 I doubt all these positive comments would be flooding in, and let's be clear that had Rochina not had that moment of class we would have lost. The second half was atrocious, we played well for half an hour and apparently that's good enough now and we're going to walk the league. Goodness me.

Need to give Colin Hendry time to work his magic on the team defending, when he is not drunk that is....

Don't think he has any magic, in fact, I don't know what he's doing at our club. IMO, a waste of space and money.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but it made me smile.

Bloody Neil Warnock giving me more ammo to dislike the guy.

This is what he said after our game against QPR when he was manager

“I think for many years I think he’s been the ‘gutter’ type of boy.

" I was going to call him a sewer rat, but that might insult the sewer rats. I think he’s the lowest of the low.

“I can’t see him being at Blackburn much longer because I can’t see Steve Kean putting up with someone like that in the dressing room when he’s creating a new image.

“I think he’ll be the first to go. Good riddens. I hope he goes abroad. I won’t miss watching him. Sign him? I wouldn’t want to talk to him.” (Sky Sports

I've been hugely critical of Kean but I honestly thought that he didn't do much wrong today. The side was well set up and played some excellent football in the first half. On another day the referee would have given a foul against Robinson for the first goal and their second was the result of an obvious foul on Givet. Sometimes the opposition simply raise their game and outplay you for a time and I thought that is what happened today.

Rovers have collapsed in the second half and lost / drawn so many matches they should have won since Kean took charge that I don't think this is correct. Yesterday was yet another example of Rovers sitting back and inviting the opposition to attack and conceding goals either through individual mistakes or poor defensive tactics. We have seen this pattern time and time again and Kean still does not appear to have learnt how to shut up shop and close out matches we are winning.

I had to smile at West Ham's win over Fulham yesterday. West Ham were 3-0 at half time and many were expecting them to run riot in the second half and go on to score five or six. Instead, good old Sam shut up shop and took the three points that were already in the bag - good for him and it's why he is such a successful manager. He did the same for us many times yet fools were baying for him to be sacked.

Archived