BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD–Leeds United v Blackburn Rovers (away)12/13

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phew ....

Sounds like the first half was the performance of the season by a long way - and but for the referee we would have been 2-0 up at half time - and then it would have been a different game.

I think we have to give Warnock some credit - a bit like Big Sam - his teams do put you under pressure. Is it Kean's fault that usually reliable defenders like Givet suddenly come apart ?

Part of Kean's problem seems to be that yet again he couldn't react positively to another teams change of tactics - which has been an issue as long as he has been in charge.

I think we should keep in mind that over the 90 minutes a draw was just about deserved - such was our dominance in the first half. However, yet again we have to rely on individual brilliance to get a point.

Good point.

2 points lost for me.

Questions have to be asked. Why didn't we strengthen defense in the transfer window? Why did Nuno Gomez stay on till the 75th minute when he was clearly a spent force in the second half? Where was Martin Olsson? Why do we sit back and invite pressure every match when we're on top when we continue to concede goals when we do it?

2 points lost for me.

Questions have to be asked. Why didn't we strengthen defense in the transfer window? Why did Nuno Gomez stay on till the 75th minute when he was clearly a spent force in the second half? Where was Martin Olsson? Why do we sit back and invite pressure every match when we're on top when we continue to concede goals when we do it?

GIVEN AWAY for me. Clown needs to be gone. We have to win the next 3 on the bounce to get 17 from 7, will they hold to their word, I doubt it.

Yes.....I think part of the reason he was hesitant to come off because he knew Orr, Lowe or Ribeiro would have to go CB.....we should have bought another CB long before the season started.

Absolutely correct about not bringing in a quality CB. Defending was our Achilles Heel last season and the Doyen of football tactics hasn't addressed it.

2 points lost for me.

I genuinely think that Kean doesn't think it's an issue, even though anyone with a brain could see that conceding an average of two goals per game is not normal. Also from what i've seen so far the midfield still isn't offering much protection either.

Rhodes worked hard but had no service whatsoever. Rovers should be building the system around him otherwise it's going to end up being a waste of money.

Nonsense. From a position of dominance and 2-0 up we scrape a point.

No, Leeds away, it's a very good point.

2nd in the league now, unbeaten...yet playing absolutely shocking. Still getting used to a league that the other teams that came down with us are struggling to get points in, we've not lost against two of the promotion favourites..it could be a lot worse. We just need Kean out of the equation and dropping a two goal lead won't do him any favours with the Shebster.

Also the same Diouf largely responsible for both our opening goals - with the good comes the bad. TBH his style of play - getting free kicks etc. - fits into Warnock's style of play.

So you're saying you wouldn't want him on our bench then? Instead of say Lowe or Edinho?

Archived