BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD–Leeds United v Blackburn Rovers (away)12/13

I think that all our results this season say more for the poor quality of the championship then the quality of our illustrious leader any manager in the football league should be able to win this league with our squad just hope someone in Pune wakes up to the fact and rids us of him soon.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our biggest problem today was Givet, he wasnt up to it today (by no fault of his own mind, he got injured just after Dann went off, even asked to be subbed) due to that he seemed to drop rather deep and Leeds knocked him off the ball rstherr easily.

First goal had several fouls and a handball to boot, 2nd had another foul (push into the back on givet) and the third was just pain bad luck

Our biggest problem today was Givet, he wasnt up to it today (by no fault of his own mind, he got injured just after Dann went off, even asked to be subbed) due to that he seemed to drop rather deep and Leeds knocked him off the ball rstherr easily.

First goal had several fouls and a handball to boot, 2nd had another foul (push into the back on givet) and the third was just pain bad luck

Givet looked well injured, at least in the 2nd half. He was limping most of the time after he'd kicked the ball.

I was resigned to a defeat at 3-2 down. That same old feeling that we had managed to snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory. Its that crap feeling in the pit of the stomach i can only liken to when something you love has been hurt or injured. So when Rochina 'the loose cannon' pops up and back heels us level......brilliant. I threw my arms in the air and even risked the ever so dangerous 'glimpse at where we will be if the score stays the same', this would normally spark a goal rush by our opposition.

So, am I happy where we are currently in the chumpionship.....YES!

Am I happy that we are getting results we may not deserve.... Oooooh YES!

Was I the only one getting excited listening to the first 30mins.... I haven't felt like that about Rovers for quite a while. I think we will be a better team once Martin O and Richards are back... I just hope Henrique turns out to be a good un!!! Our defence worries me!!

Interesting train journey home, a couple of Kean groupies got a right good pasting after being gobby and threatening.

Seriously?!

There are Rovers supporters who think that Kean is anything other than obscenely incompetent?!

Baffles me, that one.

Just got back, and wow that was some day.

30 minutes of good football followed by the self distruct button.

I really think we should of bought 2 wingers, Marcus Olsson is quick but just runs in a straight line, he cant cross a ball and 99% of the time there is no end product, despite his goal today.

When you have two natural strikers like Gomes n Rhodes you have to give them something to work with and today we created very little bar the goals we got. or some good play through the middle.

What went wrong after crusing I really dont know. Kean substitutions suprised me a little,

2-0 up we should not be throwing away games when in that position, getting the equaliser masked a poor hours play. Leeds are not a power house anymore and will not be prmotion contenders.

we have now played 5 games including cup, and have just 1 clean sheet. Bar Kean goals conceded last season took us down, and unless we can learn to defend this is gonna be another season were teams take advantage of our defensive problems

Sitting 2nd in the table looks good, but I really feel this is a false position based on performances. We need to improve and fast

Unfortunately yes, just the same at Ipswich.

Yep the same clowns were present today also, and approached us on the car park after the game as we was going for our coaches, but they had grown in numbers. They caused a few issues during the game and in particular at half time with an acition group member in the toilets. This carried on after the game , and we pulled the action group member away as he was livid with the abuse he was recieving. Fortnuately no violence this time, and the police dealt with it well.

Seems though that certain supporters dont want certain supporters travelling away. In one word "PATHETIC"

Two statements I never thought I'd say:

Pedersen was our best player today

We missed Dann when he went off

Other than that it was business as usual for Kean

He's only ever won 4 away games in nearly 40 games. At 2 nil we should've seen it out.

Murphy needs to step up and get the rest of the team motivated.

Diouf was good for them today, another of Kean's mistakes.

Was Rhodes even on the pitch? Needs much better service.

I sometimes wonder if some of these are Kean/Agnew/security plants who are looking for a ruck just to blame it on others who oppose the odious regime.

It would be interesting to see if this group could be recognised at Ewood.

After watching some highlights, it looks as though givet and Hanley got bullied by leeds' rough tactics. Rovers are really poor at defending balls into the box and the tactic from leeds was clearly to put as many balls into the box and draw as many free kicks as possible.

Dann going off was a blow, givet took a knock and was only playing at 60% his normal game, and Hanley is still getting back up to speed after his injury last season.

When Martin Olsson and CKR come into the team for the next game, our team is really enhanced on the wings which is an area that is lacking atm.

Thought Rhodes did well and provided a real focal point to build attacks from. The last time we got promoted we won both opening home games and drew both opening away games, hopefully a good omen.

I would play Martin Olsson left wing and Kazim Richards on the right wing and tell them to provide the chances for Rhodes and Gomes. Would have pace as an asset to tell them to use that.

I believe Etuhu and Pedersen was good tonight.

Think we miss Dann aswell. Still like us to sign a tall defender like Berra who would have dealt with Leeds direct play/long ball football.

Pleased we are second in the league. but Performances have to be like the 1st 30 mins of this game for 90 mins each game. But at least we got the points on board so far.

I would play Martin Olsson left wing and Kazim Richards on the right wing and tell them to provide the chances for Rhodes and Gomes. Would have pace as an asset to tell them to use that.

I believe Etuhu and Pedersen was good tonight.

Think we miss Dann aswell. Still like us to sign a tall defender like Berra who would have dealt with Leeds direct play/long ball football.

Pleased we are second in the league. but Performances have to be like the 1st 30 mins of this game for 90 mins each game. But at least we got the points on board so far.

I've been hugely critical of Kean but I honestly thought that he didn't do much wrong today. The side was well set up and played some excellent football in the first half. On another day the referee would have given a foul against Robinson for the first goal and their second was the result of an obvious foul on Givet. Sometimes the opposition simply raise their game and outplay you for a time and I thought that is what happened today. Leeds suddenly stopped giving us time and space in which to play and made it a battle. One or two of the Rovers players will have to toughen up and, of course, Murphy and Gomes tend to tire during the second half. I would have happily settled for a point at the start and was more than happy with it after going behind. The loss of Dann and the injury to Givet was a blow as Hanley looked very shakey when he came on. Whilst I'm no fan of the manager the fact remains that we have eight points from four games and if we continue to average two points a game over the course of a season that will usually result in automatic promotion. Of course, there is no guarantee that we will achieve that but, then again, I didn't expect us to get eight points from these four games. It was noticeable that there were far fewer chants of "Kean Out" today, I assume because everyone was caught up in a cracking game of football.

CKR and olsson on the wing plus Rhodes and Gomes up front will be a very lethal attacking force I believe. When we have those four players on the pitch that is when I think performances will pick up. There is no outlet ball at the moment but that will change when these players are on the pitch.

It would be interesting to see if this group could be recognised at Ewood.

I've seen a verbal altercation with Glen on Facebook where two females are having a real go under the umbrella of Birdie and the Ewood Blues.

It's f###ing shameful really, especially as they're pretty much condoning the verbal (and at times) physical intimidation of fellow supporters. I'm sure Kean , Agnew et al would be proud of them.

I've been hugely critical of Kean but I honestly thought that he didn't do much wrong today. The side was well set up and played some excellent football in the first half. On another day the referee would have given a foul against Robinson for the first goal and their second was the result of an obvious foul on Givet. Sometimes the opposition simply raise their game and outplay you for a time and I thought that is what happened today. Leeds suddenly stopped giving us time and space in which to play and made it a battle. One or two of the Rovers players will have to toughen up and, of course, Murphy and Gomes tend to tire during the second half. I would have happily settled for a point at the start and was more than happy with it after going behind. The loss of Dann and the injury to Givet was a blow as Hanley looked very shakey when he came on. Whilst I'm no fan of the manager the fact remains that we have eight points from four games and if we continue to average two points a game over the course of a season that will usually result in automatic promotion. Of course, there is no guarantee that we will achieve that but, then again, I didn't expect us to get eight points from these four games. It was noticeable that there were far fewer chants of "Kean Out" today, I assume because everyone was caught up in a cracking game of football.

Best post regarding the game, I have to say our home support sounded fantastic in the first half on the radio.

"Personally, I thought Blackburn looked better even than Blackpool. All over the place at the back in that half hour when we were on top, but other than that organised, quick and cynical in front of goal."

"I think Blackpool and Blackburn will take the automatic promotion spots"

"Blackburn in my opinion will go up as Champions"

"Blackburn have top side"

"Today we were against a good Blackburn Rovers team"

"Rovers fans made lots of noise until we scored our first goal."

http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/index.php?topic=5009&limit=6

• Backroom

That's it Ozz I'm hoping in a day or so we can look at it without the emotion that goes with letting a two goal lead slip and see it as a good point at the end of the day (most of us predicted us to lose including myself)

Bristol City will be a tough game but we shouldnt have to fear anyone in fact our biggest opposition seems to be our approach after taking a lead

Archived