BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD–Leeds United v Blackburn Rovers (away)12/13

No, Leeds away, it's a very good point.

2nd in the league now, unbeaten...yet playing absolutely shocking. Still getting used to a league that the other teams that came down with us are struggling to get points in, we've not lost against two of the promotion favourites..it could be a lot worse. We just need Kean out of the equation and dropping a two goal lead won't do him any favours with the Shebster.

At 3 o'clock lots of Rovers fans would have agreed with you. The way the game panned out it is definitely two points thrown away for me.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Leeds away, it's a very good point.

2nd in the league now, unbeaten...yet playing absolutely shocking. Still getting used to a league that the other teams that came down with us are struggling to get points in, we've not lost against two of the promotion favourites..it could be a lot worse. We just need Kean out of the equation and dropping a two goal lead won't do him any favours with the Shebster.

It's a good point if you only know we got a point and don't know the circumstances of the game. As it is we threw two points away, we were 2-0 up and coasting, then we conceded THREE goals. That's certainly not a very good point.

It's a very bad point when you consider we could easily have had three.

Good to see the Keanites emerge so quickly.

Where? I can't see anyone complimenting Kean. If you mean people who don't pander for defeats or laugh when we concede then you are foolishly confusing "Keanites" for supporters of Blackburn Rovers.

I can't believe we're only in unbeaten and second in the league. Plus, all of our good players have been sold and replaced with no marks and players I've never heard of.

Terrible.

Rubbish, we've made good signings and only lost a few good players. Crazy post.

• Backroom

Leeds away is a good point on paper but today we have totally thrown 2 points away

However we are up to second so Kean will highlight the positives

Still that should be one of the harder games out of the way

cant beleive people are praising rovers, at 2-0 i was getting behind the team for the first time because we had spent a bit of money, throwing a 2-0 lead away and then having to score in the dying minutes to scrape a point puts me back to square 1, KEAN OUT!!!

It's a good point if you only know we got a point and don't know the circumstances of the game. As it is we threw two points away, we were 2-0 up and coasting, then we conceded THREE goals. That's certainly not a very good point.

It's a very bad point when you consider we could easily have had three.

I agree, but we could have also have had none and one of our main rivals gaining ground on us.

Great, good luck with Edinho and playing Lowe on the wing then :rolleyes:

Also good that Leeds are strengthened by him being there eh?

1. Wouldn't play either on the wing - would have had Simon out on the right, when fit we will potentially have CKR there, and as we did latterly in the second half Bruno.

2. I bet Leeds fans felt strengthened as Olsson waltzed past him for our first two goals.

Sounds utterly bonkers to me.

I was shocked to see that we were bossing the game 1st half. Somewhat unexpected. Then I had to pop out and came back at full time and not in any way surprised to see we threw it away.

For those who have said Singh has been appointed to constructively dismiss Kean (ie rub him up the wrong way until he quits), because there's no money, why have we just busted our transfer record for a lower league goal hanger?

Why have we signed numerous Portuguese no-hopers?

Why is the squad so clearly unbalanced?

Why do we have the worst record (surely?) of points lost at half-time? Tactical ineptitude? Uninspiring team talks? Something else?

Why do we constantly sit back when we have the beating of the opposition?

Why why why?

The only possible explanations for keeping him on are that other people have been sounded out for the job but won't take it, or there's some sort of underhand kickback going on. Since of course I'd never make any suggestion of impropriety of our owners, it must surely be the first option.

In any case, this Shebby Singh stuff is a sideshow to appease the fans, a soap opera being played out. Kean will stay and Singh will fade away.

With each passing week the torture gets more unbearable.

So, we have Kean who is supposedly a terrific coach, Black supposedly a great number 2, Hendry to sort out the defence (when IMV, he can't even sort himself out) and Brunskill, well fecks knows.

IMO, we are a disorganised rabble managed and coached by incompetents.

Under Kean?

Absolutely NO WAY

The first half was a huge improvement until the referee intervened.

We all want Kean out - but I think we have to be balanced. First half he got it right - second half Warnock got it right. However - the first half showed that we have far more quality than Leeds - the fact we only came away with a point from a match we should have won is Kean's fault as he can't react to changes in the flow of a match.

I think the first four matches have shown that under Kean we may get into the top 6. But this is likely to be inspite of Kean rather than anything positive he would add. IMO with a different manager we would definitely be top 6 and possibly top 2.

While also bashing Kean - we should also consider the impact that Black and Hendry are having - as the blame isn't just Kean's. Though as manager the buck should stop with him (don't think that concept as ever occurred to him though - as Jensen would testify).

Nonsense. From a position of dominance and 2-0 up we scrape a point.

I reckon, before kick off, most of us did not expect us to get anything out from this match. But being two nil up, having missed other chances. Rovers should have been able to win.

Blame for the two points dropped is down to Kean and also the match officials who were terrible for the first 2 leeds goals. Leeds were very dirty today.

So having screwed up and letting leeds back into the match allowing them to go 3 2 up. Good to scrape a draw. A point better than none at all. Which is more than either bolton or the dingles got.

Some very good attacking play, but some shambolic defending to go along with it. A point away to Leeds is good, but we shouldn't be surrendering two goal leads, particularly not when we were in the ascendency up until some very sloppy defending allowed them to get one back.

Results like this do happen though and overall it's good to see that we came back to get a point. We can all complain about Kean and there is no doubt that most managers could do a much better job, but at least we are still up towards the top and unbeaten.

Other positives were that Pedersen and Olsson looked good and Rhodes looked excellent. He had no chances to score, but his general link-up play was impressive. Rhodes and Best should be by far and away the best pairing in this league. We could do with some more pace in our side and having Kazim-Richards on the right would make us far more balanced.

I reckon, before kick off, most of us did not expect us to get anything out from this match. But being two nil up, having missed other chances. Rovers should have been able to win.

Blame for the two points dropped is down to Kean and also the match officials who were terrible for the first 2 leeds goals. Leeds were very dirty today.

So having screwed up and letting leeds back into the match allowing them to go 3 2 up. Good to scrape a draw. A point better than none at all. Which is more than either bolton or the dingles got.

Second half the defence was being run ragged. Leeds looked like scoring every time they attacked and although they scored three, they could easily have doubled that figure.

That's a truer reflection of the game I think Pafell. An utter shambles.

Archived