BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD–Leeds United v Blackburn Rovers (away)12/13

just seen the goals on Gillette Soccer Saturday and the first 2 leeds goals were fouls.

Rochina back heel goal was claased!

WTF is Warnock moaning about rovers thrid goal about when leeds 1st goal was a push on Robinson and leeds second goal was a push by Beechio on Givet!! Clear as day!

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone care to give me an unbiased view? it sounded like we did well in the first half but then failed to defend properly.

Judging from the radio...

We were infinitely better than we have been in the first 40 mins, a bit more pace and intent behind our attacks with Gomes linking the midfield and attack well. Marcus Olsson seems a real threat at this level basically because he's quick and the opposition is worse than a lot expected. The referee had a shocker for both teams, most notably gifting them a free kick to get back into the game just before half time. We can't defend set pieces at all, Robbo must take at least some of the blame in that respect.

In the second half; more dreadful refereeing allowed them to equalise and more dreadful defending allowing them to go in front. Yet more dreadful defending from set plays could have seen us go further behind. They had the better of the second half pumping balls up to Bechio while we had the better of the first finding Gomes' feet and getting it out wide to Olsson. Rochina has all the talent in the world but either no brain or composure to warrant being a starter. Rhodes didn't have a sniff of goal all game but did well holding the ball up, particularly in the first half.

Again, judging from what I heard.

feedback from the west Yorkshire end.

At the end of the Town commentry and summary, they do a quick round up of the other teams in the Yorkshire so went over to the leeds game to get a summary. The Huddersfield pundit/commentator then asked about how Rhodes got on an it was an interesting response. He said... (paraphrased)...

" Steve kean sets his up in a 4-5-1 where his job was to hold the ball up and pass it back to midfield. He said Rhodes did this well but that we all know that this is not the way to get the best out of him. That wasn't how he got all those goals at Huddersfield. He then said Rhodes did not have a shot on goal and that not to be putting him in a situation where he will is wasting his natural attributes"

give or take that is the comments made on Rhodes from a leeds/west yorkshire perspective.

all the best

Ben

Dare I say if Dann was on the pitch we wouldn't have surrendered a 2 goal lead. Him and Givet have been good this season. Hanley came on and looked ropey.

We'll need to get a defender in on loan if dann is out for a while.

DEFINATLY, Also Givet was clearly injured all game and struggling. But excuses aside Radio lancs read out a comment "where is the samba replacement?"- Very true, and very needed.

So we can't defend :rock: is that a shock to anyone :rock:

Thankfully we have 25 midfield players and 8 strikers, so we don't need to defend :blink:

We could do with those 33 extra players on the pitch at one time just to give our defence a chance.

Absolutely..it's often shameful on here these days. If you dare to say something faintly positive you're either a Mean groupie or his bumboy.

Pretty out of order.

And..just before I cop for some too. I'd like to see him gone too but I'm also pretty pleased with 8 points from the first 4 games. I can deal with winning ugly,once we start losing ugly that's another matter...

People a few points to remember:

The first 2 Leeds goals should never have stood 2 clear fouls that turns the game on it's head when we were cruising.

Then to rub salt into the wounds the amount of filthy tactics Leeds employed hacking our players at every opportunity by half time they should really have been down by a few men.

We are away from home a point is a good point yes it's disappointing to concede 3 goals to go behind,but 2 of them should never have stood.

The constant dirty tactics employed by Leeds players the Ref and 2 linesman having Leeds shirts on who got all the controversial decisions and who thanks to them were obviously trying to give Leeds all 3 points it is a decent enough point and most importantly it means we remain unbeaten.

Also to those who keep saying we bought all midfielders, strikers and nothing at the back don't forget we have just bought Nuno Henrique from Portugal who could not play today due to him joining late last night same as the sub pole GK & other midfielder and I'm sure providing they come back from international duty not injured will make us stronger.

Just a shame due to their dirty tactics we have lost Dann and their will obviously be lots of bumps and bruises I just hope Givet is ok also for those saying Rhodes did not touch the ball much I thought he linked up well and lets be honest he did not get much service from out wide I only hope now with the international week coming up when we come back I hope he throws Martin Olsson on the right wing who with his pace can really rip up this division. I was disappointed to not even see him today on the bench.

Chaddy I totally agree with you I don't know what game Warnock was watching Rochina was never backing in that was a perfectly good goal total class I guess Warnock must be jealous we have Barcelona style player who can produce a moment of magic and they have to out up with EHD no real comparison.

Absolutely..it's often shameful on here these days. If you dare to say something faintly positive you're either a Mean groupie or his bumboy.

Pretty out of order.

And..just before I cop for some too. I'd like to see him gone too but I'm also pretty pleased with 8 points from the first 4 games. I can deal with winning ugly,once we start losing ugly that's another matter...

Its a great start to the season yeti, no doubt about that, but it does seem criminal that we haven't strenghtened in defence, if we had it could have been an even better start.

KEAN OUT

Pretty out of order.

And there lies the problem. You have completely contradicted yourself. The first statement will not happen because of second statement and unfortunately most feel that what they have seen on the pitch so far this season will ultimately not lead us to promotion. The positives are we have ground results our without playing well. The negatives that we are outplayed for long spells in all games and the decisions off the bench are generally baffling.

With each passing week the torture gets more unbearable.

I would think fans of quite a few teams below us would settle for the torture of splashing 8 million on a striker, getting a point at Elland Rd and being 2nd in the table, which are the main events from this tortuous week.

We were supposed to be 19th or lower by now, signing nobody and selling Robbo, Givet and Olsson.

How would you have preferred the week had gone?

coco groupie

Brilliant, I am happy with us being in second position in the league and get a response like that. I didn't even mention Kean.

So no comments on Kean throwing away yet another lead?

Shocking to give away a two goal lead. Referee appeared to have a hand in it though, as well as the Rovers (including the manager).

Late equaliser was good though so hopefully we've got a team who won't give up now N'Zonzi is gone.

Didn't see the game so can't really say much else, other than I'm happy with the position we are in. It is true that it is poor to lose a two goal advantage.

I would think fans of quite a few teams below us would settle for the torture of splashing 8 million on a striker, getting a point at Elland Rd and being 2nd in the table, which are the main events from this tortuous week.

We were supposed to be 19th or lower by now, signing nobody and selling Robbo, Givet and Olsson.

How would you have preferred the week had gone?

With Kean's exit.

Let's turn that one around shall we. How many fans of premiership teams would have liked the torture of seeing a bunch of clueless indian nitwits take their club over, strip out the infra-structure, sack the manager, appoint an clueless arse as a replacement, remove relegation clauses, sell off the best players, stick by said manager as we flirt with relegation and then drop, then back the manager as he further unbalances the squad and spends a record sum on the never-never signing a striker we're not set up to feed with opportunities.

All the while, we pick up points through good fortune rather than good management, as the lack of communication from Pune continues.

Now, if you've lowered your expectations then fine. For those of us who haven't, it's torture.

Gav wrote: but it does seem criminal that we haven't strenghtened in defence

Gav how many more times we signed late last night Nuno Henrique from Portugal he is a central defender and is 6'1" so as someone said is in the Samba mould but one mistake he made today was not even sitting Martin Olsson on the bench once they come in we should be fine.

Bryan, according to EIT, the Rao family planned for relegation all along - Balaji and Desai are more savvy than you think....

Trust me, regardless of results, having Kean/Agnew in prominent positions is nothing to be proud of.

People a few points to remember:

The first 2 Leeds goals should never have stood 2 clear fouls that turns the game on it's head when we were cruising.

Then to rub salt into the wounds the amount of filthy tactics Leeds employed hacking our players at every opportunity by half time they should really have been down by a few men.

We are away from home a point is a good point yes it's disappointing to concede 3 goals to go behind,but 2 of them should never have stood.

The constant dirty tactics employed by Leeds players the Ref and 2 linesman having Leeds shirts on who got all the controversial decisions and who thanks to them were obviously trying to give Leeds all 3 points it is a decent enough point and most importantly it means we remain unbeaten.

Also to those who keep saying we bought all midfielders, strikers and nothing at the back don't forget we have just bought Nuno Henrique from Portugal who could not play today due to him joining late last night same as the sub pole GK & other midfielder and I'm sure providing they come back from international duty not injured will make us stronger.

Just a shame due to their dirty tactics we have lost Dann and their will obviously be lots of bumps and bruises I just hope Givet is ok also for those saying Rhodes did not touch the ball much I thought he linked up well and lets be honest he did not get much service from out wide I only hope now with the international week coming up when we come back I hope he throws Martin Olsson on the right wing who with his pace can really rip up this division. I was disappointed to not even see him today on the bench.

Chaddy I totally agree with you I don't know what game Warnock was watching Rochina was never backing in that was a perfectly good goal total class I guess Warnock must be jealous we have Barcelona style player who can produce a moment of magic and they have to out up with EHD no real comparison.

great post!

Leeds are the new Wimbledon now! Long ball team!

With Kean's exit.

Let's turn that one around shall we. How many fans of premiership teams would have liked the torture of seeing a bunch of clueless indian nitwits take their club over, strip out the infra-structure, sack the manager, appoint an clueless arse as a replacement, remove relegation clauses, sell off the best players, stick by said manager as we flirt with relegation and then drop, then back the manager as he further unbalances the squad and spends a record sum on the never-never signing a striker we're not set up to feed with opportunities.

All the while, we pick up points through good fortune rather than good management, as the lack of communication from Pune continues.

Now, if you've lowered your expectations then fine. For those of us who haven't, it's torture.

Ahh, but you said it gets worse each week, then trot out the last 20 months which we all agree have been terrible.

We're not a premiership team now and no amount of endless regurgitation of the past will change that.

Moaning at everything just makes the fanbase look like moaners and takes the focus away from the real issues.

Today we got a point at a team virtually everyone on here till 20 past 3 was saying would spank us, went up a place AND Kean's ineptitude was further highlighted hastening his departure I hope.

The Final Score clowns were all jizzing themselves because they thought the fans were chanting ' Keano Keano' when Gomes scored. Even I heard that it was 'Nuno Nuno', but Gabby and Robbie Savage were desperate for us to be praising their mate.

Archived