BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD–Leeds United v Blackburn Rovers (away)12/13

He probably isn't allowed to do anything. It's all Kean.

Who doesn't do owt either. After their 3rd goal he was just stood motionless on the sideline like a pleb. I can't stand Warnock, but at least he's on sidelines giving out instructions, encouraging his team etc. Kean just stands there.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but it happens far too often. How often do we defend well for 90 mins?

Under Kean - I think you could count it on one hand. IMO under Kean we always defend far too deep - which is often our undoing when we are put under pressure.

In the premiership I could partially understand it - as we were playing against teams with a lot of pace - but in the Championship I can't understand why we aren't playing a higher line and putting the opposition under more pressure. Ultimately I just think that Kean has no idea how to set up a team for the defensive side of the game - up to date it would appear that Black and Hendry are offering little assistance.

I'm not defending Kean here but I would put our lack of ability to defend a lead down to lack of fitness. We have lacked fitness since the pleb has been manager. Get the squad fit enough to last 90 mins and we will win a lot more matches

Agree 100%

Absolutely no excuse for a lack of fitness, and thats been apparent as you say since this idiot took over.

I thought we looked the far stronger team in the last ten minutes

Sewer rat or not, Warnock still knows a very good player. Another one who should never have been released.

Sorry, but he was basically responsible for us scoring our first two goals and was terrible in the first half. The fact that he scored one scrappy goal doesn't cover up for an overall terrible performance, capped off by him missing a wonderful chance to win the game for them.

He's a good player when asked to perform in the right way, but with his wages, age and attitude it wasn't a terrible decision to let him go.

Who doesn't do owt either. After their 3rd goal he was just stood motionless on the sideline like a pleb. I can't stand Warnock, but at least he's on sidelines giving out instructions, encouraging his team etc. Kean just stands there.

If you could do a brain scan at that point, I'm sure you'd only find soggy cardboard.

Sorry, but he was basically responsible for us scoring our first two goals and was terrible in the first half. The fact that he scored one scrappy goal doesn't cover up for an overall terrible performance, capped off by him missing a wonderful chance to win the game for them.

He's a good player when asked to perform in the right way, but with his wages, age and attitude it wasn't a terrible decision to let him go.

Did you watch the same game as me? I thought Dioufy's tenacity, work rate and vigour was a catalyst as the momentum of the game changed. Great delivery too.

Same old, same old. 2-0 up but don't win should be a relatively rare event but it happens all too frequently since Kean took over.

He simply has not the ability to set up the team to defend a lead and has learned nothing in 2 years.

By the way what is the redoubtable Colin Hendry doing to strengthen our defending skills?

Yep the same clowns were present today also, and approached us on the car park after the game as we was going for our coaches, but they had grown in numbers. They caused a few issues during the game and in particular at half time with an acition group member in the toilets. This carried on after the game , and we pulled the action group member away as he was livid with the abuse he was recieving. Fortnuately no violence this time, and the police dealt with it well.

Seems though that certain supporters dont want certain supporters travelling away. In one word "PATHETIC"

These are proper Rovers fans? Specifically targetting other fans at matches?

I don't think so.

Something strange going on here.

Robinson should be doing better on the third goal for me, he gets a hand to it but it should be stronger there

He continues being a weak link. He was poor all last season and, while a good shot stopper, he doesn't seem to be able to organise a defence to save his life. Kean is useless, we all know, but Robinson has been in poor form for so long it seems to be terminal.

Just a point to put forward here, Eric Black doesn't seem to do anything, never seems to get involved in games, as in giving out instructions etc. what does he's do?

That's a problem, Black doesn't get involved, Hendry just sits back an doesn't seem to do anything and coco's just a complete dud on the touchline apart from the odd arm wave when the crowd bemoans a decision against us. I hate Warnock but you can't doubt his passion. That pillock on our side only shows anything when we score a goal, waving his arms towards the crowd as if he's scored it himself the t't!

That's a problem, Black doesn't get involved, Hendry just sits back an doesn't seem to do anything and coco's just a complete dud on the touchline apart from the odd arm wave when the crowd bemoans a decision against us. I hate Warnock but you can't doubt his passion. That pillock on our side only shows anything when we score a goal, waving his arms towards the crowd as if he's scored it himself the t't!

I have said before that Kean just stands on the touchline like a lemon (not having a clue and looking out of his depth) - over time he has actually become more animated and opens his mouth a little - but he still either sits or stands there idle with his badly fitted suit on.

Hendry looks out of place and think it is pretty obvious that his appointment was a PR stunt.

Sewer rat or not, Warnock still knows a very good player. Another one who should never have been released.

Can't agree with you there Jim, I thought he was slow and very limited ability wise.

Same old, same old. 2-0 up but don't win should be a relatively rare event but it happens all too frequently since Kean took over.

He simply has not the ability to set up the team to defend a lead and has learned nothing in 2 years.

By the way what is the redoubtable Colin Hendry doing to strengthen our defending skills?

I think half of his problem is that he bobs his kex and tries to defend a lead, we'd be better going for a third goal IMO.

Bit early to be getting carried away with being in the promotion places - league table is very tight all the way down to near the bottom.

and we were lucky at ipswich and against hull and leicster. realistacly we only deserve 1 point from those 3. player quality in a brief moments has got us the points. keans tactics have put us under pressure

Just watched the goals on T.V. Highlights.

First goal probably a foul on Robbo but he didn't deal with the situation too well.

Second a push on the Rovers centre half but whoever it was he seemed to be looking for a foul instead of staying strong.

I've no problem with either decision after seeing the goals on tv. Robinson jumped like an absolute fairy for their first. No conviction despite being a bloody big lad. This Div will be contain lots of the physical stuff than our players are used to so they had better shape up or ship out.

Probably been mentioned but it occurred to me yesterday when Diouf scored that he's playing for the same man who called him a sewer rat. Unusual one.

He was also playing against a manager who stabbed him in the back and showed him the door for ulterior motives imo.

I have said before that Kean just stands on the touchline like a lemon (not having a clue and looking out of his depth) - over time he has actually become more animated and opens his mouth a little - but he still either sits or stands there idle with his badly fitted suit on.

Hendry looks out of place and think it is pretty obvious that his appointment was a PR stunt.

Agree on the Hendry thing. Ive watched him every game in this country since he was appointed (or whatever) and to say he seems to be taking a back seat is an understatement, however he stood out of the dugout when leeds got their first i think it was and watched it on the screen in the corner and he seemed angry about it so perhaps he's goin to step up a bit more ?

Archived