BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Staff Being Made Redundant At Ewood

Ralfinho

This is a really really odd one. We had (have?) an interview lined up with one person from said department and I've talked to another in that department that I trust implicitly and I actually expected this to be common knowledge by now (I didn't think it was a secret, now I'm not sure). However, I'll have to try to remember the exact words used tonight (and find out the size of the department) as they don't fit with what I know to be true (or at least have been told to me by two people I trust a lot). I think there may also be a slight get-out on a technicality involved here too. Which is why I want to do some more digging before I say what I've been told.

Ricky, this sums up the situation. Happy now?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did ask how many have been made redundant since we were relegated ;) You'll have to wait for the minutes, but theres been no mass cull of departments.

Wow, had a flood of info on this last night / this morning.

Long story short. Not an entire department at all. Seems I (and others) completely got the wrong end of the stick on that one.

Sorry for any confusion.

Or does this sum up the situation philipl ?

Nice of you to quote an earlier post by Glenn which was superceded by one actually clarifying the matter and stating that people (you included I'm guessing) have completely the wrong end of the stick.

Theres no wrong end of this stick, the venkys are the worst ever owners of Blackburn Rovers, if they are the owners

• Backroom

Yes

I'm pretty sure someone on here stated the community trust had been shut down maybe a year ago and it turned out to be false at the time

We have also been told the owners are only interested in asset stripping as well amongst other things

Yes

I'm pretty sure someone on here stated the community trust had been shut down maybe a year ago and it turned out to be false at the time

We have also been told the owners are only interested in asset stripping as well amongst other things

Thats not been disproved

• Backroom

Nobody disputed that. You asked when a scare mongering rumour had been disproved and I gave an example or two, one being the rumour stated as fact over a year ago that the trust had been shut down when it hadn't

Relegated, lower quality team, millions recieved from transfers, who has benifited?

I think Mark Fish posted something the other day stating that sales had outstripped purchases by circa. £5m, now if you factor in agent fees (!) and the supposed fact that the club is debt free I'm not sure any level headed person would call that asset stripping (a common comment remark made about Venkys) by any stretch of the imagination.

I think Mark Fish posted something the other day stating that sales had outstripped purchases by circa. £5m, now if you factor in agent fees (!) and the supposed fact that the club is debt free I'm not sure any level headed person would call that asset stripping (a common comment remark made about Venkys) by any stretch of the imagination.

So having sold Jones, Kalanic and Samba for around (£16M, £6M and £7M) £29M we are being told we have spent £24M on new players. We lets see someone work that one out.

So having sold Jones, Kalanic and Samba for around (£16M, £6M and £7M) £29M we are being told we have spent £24M on new players. We lets see someone work that one out.

Haven't got the figures to hand, but if you consider than Dann and Rhodes have cost £15m, then based on your figures that's only another £9m to account for from 4 transfer windows that Venkys/Kean have been at the club.

I dont recall Mark stating anything, someone asked what the transfer in and out on fee's were under Kean?, and Mark posted the figures and gave no comment either way

Yes

Quite right Tom. My kids were going to stuff organised and run by the Community Trust's schools outreach people just last school term and they absolutely loved it. I won't bore people with the details of all the other stuff I know about that dept's work but I think I'm fairly safe in saying that a lot of teachers, Headteachers and pupils in Blackburn with Darwen and surrounding areas will seriously miss their contributions to the education and welfare of our district's children.

I dont recall Mark stating anything, someone asked what the transfer in and out on fee's were under Kean?, and Mark posted the figures and gave no comment either way

Maybe a badly structured post by me. I'm 99% sure Mark did state that there was a circa £5m difference between sales and purchases. After that, the post is ALL my comment... Hope that helps clarify my post.

Maybe a badly structured post by me. I'm 99% sure Mark did state that there was a circa £5m difference between sales and purchases. After that, the post is ALL my comment... Hope that helps clarify my post.

I did indeed

Incoming (Excluding the free transfers and their signing on fees) £39,235,000

Outgoing £44,785,600

One of my good friends told me last week that she, and others, had been served one weeks notice. They werent given any explanation to why they were loosing their jobs and were told to return their complimentary season tickets and that they weren't getting any redundancy money. I have since spoken to her and she said once she has a new job then she will be going to the press to "let them know" what exactly is going on behind the scenes at Ewood Park.

Get them to call the ACAS helpline to see what they are legally entitled to. I've used them a couple of times and they are OK

"The Acas Helpline is the place to go for both employers and employees who are involved in an employment dispute or are seeking information on employment rights and rules. The Helpline provides clear, confidential, independent and impartial advice to assist the caller in resolving issues in the workplace.

Call the Helpline on 08457 47 47 47.

Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm and Saturday, 9am-1pm"

Also excluding agents fees, wages and the paying up of contracts (redundancy payments (the thread title) and recruitment costs (e.g. chief scout)) They can't even get fans in let alone sponsors.

We'll only know the bigger picture when the accounts are released (2013 for the bigger picture). I don't think anyone thinks that's going to be pretty. That's the acid test isn't it? Are they just incompetent or happily running up the clubs debt?

Bolton are 100m in debt but have a benefactor who services the interest. They have got shut of their high earners this summer. Our owners have seen fit to go in the totally opposite direction - and yet stick with the guy who lost the club 20+ million through relegation.

It's business as usual. We may as well be in administration now. You start cutting back on the basic stuff (reaching out to the community, trying to get on with the fans) and signing 5 Portuguese unknowns means nothing to anyone other than more, understandable, cynicism.

Also excluding agents fees, wages and the paying up of contracts (redundancy payments (the thread title) and recruitment costs (e.g. chief scout)) They can't even get fans in let alone sponsors.

We'll only know the bigger picture when the accounts are released (2013 for the bigger picture). I don't think anyone thinks that's going to be pretty. That's the acid test isn't it? Are they just incompetent or happily running up the clubs debt?

Bolton are 100m in debt but have a benefactor who services the interest. They have got shut of their high earners this summer. Our owners have seen fit to go in the totally opposite direction - and yet stick with the guy who lost the club 20+ million through relegation.

It's business as usual. We may as well be in administration now. You start cutting back on the basic stuff (reaching out to the community, trying to get on with the fans) and signing 5 Portuguese unknowns means nothing to anyone other than more, understandable, cynicism.

They certainly are incompetent and may well running up the debt, (although it was maxed out when they bought us was it not?), but they are not asset-stripping, which was the conspiracy theory of choice on here for a long time. 8 million quid forwards and 5 million being invested upgrading Brockhall is not what I'd be spending if I wanted to make a fast buck.

I'm not sure I agree with you that the Community department, extremely worthy though it is, is basic stuff for a football club. What happens on the pitch is more basic surely. Firing Kean would do the work of 20 Community Departments and not firing him more than negates all their efforts.

They certainly are incompetent and may well running up the debt, (although it was maxed out when they bought us was it not?), but they are not asset-stripping, which was the conspiracy theory of choice on here for a long time. 8 million quid forwards and 5 million being invested upgrading Brockhall is not what I'd be spending if I wanted to make a fast buck.

I'm not sure I agree with you that the Community department, extremely worthy though it is, is basic stuff for a football club. What happens on the pitch is more basic surely. Firing Kean would do the work of 20 Community Departments and not firing him more than negates all their efforts.

EiT, you're a wise guy, how would you do it? Screw us fast or slow? When are this summers accounts out? I know you know.

5 mill on Brochall? Any proof of that? Or is that up there with the mooted, famed, Pune Academy? "Maxed out" debt? Maybe it was under the Trust but it was serviceable (theres the rub) now, who knows? As for the 8m on Rhodes, utter madness IMO for a Championship club (no reflection on the player).

Second para: it is basic for a Premier League club, which of course...

But as we all recognise it was avoidable. What isn't avoidable is the wage we have to pay for a good manager, or Kean. And I disagree with you, the community trust did / does a lot of great work in introducing kids to BRFC and if the owners had the desire, gumption or wherewithall to remove the clown then perhaps the two could flourish side by side?

Archived