BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Staff Being Made Redundant At Ewood

Ralfinho

This is a really really odd one. We had (have?) an interview lined up with one person from said department and I've talked to another in that department that I trust implicitly and I actually expected this to be common knowledge by now (I didn't think it was a secret, now I'm not sure). However, I'll have to try to remember the exact words used tonight (and find out the size of the department) as they don't fit with what I know to be true (or at least have been told to me by two people I trust a lot). I think there may also be a slight get-out on a technicality involved here too. Which is why I want to do some more digging before I say what I've been told.

That will be IT and Rovers TV, or whatever it is now called, then Glenn?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't recall (but then I have a memory like a fish and a tendency to put my own interpretation on things .... which is why I wait for the minutes before commenting) any real comments about us being second and not dwelling on the past, but looking forward, particularly (unless they were before I got there, I did miss the first 15 mins ... or I simply wasn't paying attention).

I don't think there were any direct statements on us being second, but there was reference to a winning team being the best way to improve the mood at the club and drive ticket sales.

Very sad to be made redundant, I feel bad for the people who lose their jobs.

Amazing that there's a totally under qualified loser at the top of the tree earning millions, and the ones beneath him at ground level are given their marching orders. This society is warped.

I don't think there were any direct statements on us being second, but there was reference to a winning team being the best way to improve the mood at the club and drive ticket sales.

Shows what whoever you were talking to knows then doesn't it because the best way to improve the mood at the club and increase ticket sales is to sack Kean and until they do that none of the stayaways I know will return.

I totally agree why should innocent people at the club even 1 person lose their job while the real incompetent fool at the top of the tree remain and picking up his full ill-gotten salary the next reporter to interview I dare him to ask coco if he feels guilty about innocent people losing their jobs due to his own failure. Just makes me sick to see this clown swanning around while others suffer.

I think it was quite inevitable their was going to be a lot of job losses after being relegated regardless of whether the manager was changed or not,partly to cut costs and partly because their jobs had simply become redundant with the big drop in home AND away supporters coming to games(Again even if they had got shut of Kean there would still have been a big drop in attendances with thousands of fair-weather fans not coming).

We'd have had reduced gates hardly, just like last time, but on this scale? It's the Kean effect, simple as that.

I know, but the issue is still being blown out of proportion(like most issues that arise on the site) and personally i've always felt Ewood is far to overstaffed on matchdays.

I know, but the issue is still being blown out of proportion(like most issues that arise on the site) and personally i've always felt Ewood is far to overstaffed on matchdays.

Sorry if I've missed it. Do we / you know for sure which staff, or rather from what department these staff have been made redundant from? Or are you just second guessing?

It is a crying shame it has come to this, but inevitably with a much smaller business less people will be needed to run the club. Inevitable really and no-one should be suprised. Relegation from the PL was a financial disaster with far reaching and lasting consequences.

Downsizing in all areas has been prevelant at the Rovers from the moment the Venky's arrived. High quality has been replaced in many areas with cheaper, inferior options and product quality and customer service levels have deteriorated. Very badly in this instance! Once product quality falls, customers go elsewhere and less people are then required to manage things. Whats new?

Best wishes to those losing their employment, it is a tough time to be starting again. Most will sympathise, as it never needed to be this way.

So I take it Phil will be on here shortly apologising for misleading people with false information again. The whole thread seemed to pick up on his statement that a whole department had gone. He doesn't seem to be quite so quick to retract that statement now it's been proved to be incorrect.

• Moderation Lead

So I take it Phil will be on here shortly apologising for misleading people with false information again. The whole thread seemed to pick up on his statement that a whole department had gone. He doesn't seem to be quite so quick to retract that statement now it's been proved to be incorrect.

Doesn't sound like Phil that!

It is the Community trust which has been hardest hit. Due to a lack of funding since the relegation, staff who do an amazing job in the community are paying the price while the reason we got relegated lives on.

The first team shirts are still without a sponsor, I can't see why the community trust can't sponsor the first team giving them the chance to raise funding and staff to keep their jobs. I know the first team is what gets the headlines but it seems to be horribly short sighted signing players on big wages to get us promoted on one hand but then releasing staff who do such a good job in a deprived community to make miniscule savings on the other.

One of the staff members who has lost his job went out of his way last year for me so my father who is registered blind could be set up with radio commentry at every away ground he visited and he even helped my father with the forms when he was applying for a carers season ticket. This man has now lost his job for one reason and one reason only. Relegation. While the owners pump money into the first team to keep them at a Premier League level they are down sizing everything else at the club to a League two level and this will hit the town a lot harder than a lot of people realise.

Well said Scotty every other dept is being downsized while the 1 incompetent oaf who I wouldn't trust to make his own lunch let alone run a football team survives. I know how you feel Scotty I am registered partially sighted and was hoping I could get something similar sorted for myself when I finally make the move up. Scotty one thing you could look into joining is the official Rovers Disabled supporters association which I am a member and they help disabled supporters with all aspects of viewing football and have quite a few parties well worth joining.

I can confirm that the community dept have been hit with a few redundancies. A good mate of mine worked for the club in this field and was recently made redundant. He does post on here so whether he wants to speak about it is his perogative.

I think it's sad because the community trust did a great job in bringing the club to the town and local schools etc.

I understand cost cutting was required... Well get rid of half of the stewards who sit around doing nothing. To cost cut in the community dept is extremely short sighted and I think will have an adverse effect on our support in years to come. Local kids will no longer be exposed to rovers, and will probably end up supporting city or Chelsea etc

Archived