Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Staff Being Made Redundant At Ewood

Ralfinho

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steady on Pafell.

That spoils a good conspiracy :D

I am aware of that. It removes the asset stripping conspiracy.

Just as the Kean owns part of the club conspiracy, has been removed. After all kean not allowed a say in what players he can sign, does not help that particular tale.

But opens another one, shebby is having the say is who the club signs.

We are slowly being left with venkys are just stupid and ignorant of running a football club. Asking media for example how they sign players speaks volumes of their stupidity and ignorance.

proof or just putting what you pop at others for?

Philip has already told us that indian banking does not allow folk to put up oversea assets as security.

So I suggest you read the thread and stop posting for the sake of having a stupid and childish dig for no reason.

• Backroom

I am aware of that. It removes the asset stripping conspiracy.

Just as the Kean owns part of the club conspiracy, has been removed. After all kean not allowed a say in what players he can sign, does not help that particular tale.

But opens another one, shebby is having the say is who the club signs.

We are slowly being left with venkys are just stupid and ignorant of running a football club. Asking media for example how they sign players speaks volumes of their stupidity and ignorance.

How is it they manage to run all of their other subsidiaries in an efficient and professional manner, yet when it comes to us they make wrong decision after wrong decision without learning from their mistakes? I understand football is different to a normal business but this goes beyond simple ineptness. They are too shrewd business people in their other ventures to be able to claim ignorance. Also, why have they been so ruthless sacking/removing all except Kean? Why is he bulletproof despite being the employee that has underperformed the most and brought the entire club as well as Venky's into disrepute?

Something doesn't add up somewhere. Ignorance and stupidity only works for so long as an excuse.

Philip has already told us that indian banking does not allow folk to put up oversea assets as security.

So I suggest you read the thread and stop posting for the sake of having a stupid and childish dig for no reason.

I think ABBEY had a valid point there

How is it they manage to run all of their other subsidiaries in an efficient and professional manner, yet when it comes to us they make wrong decision after wrong decision without learning from their mistakes? I understand football is different to a normal business but this goes beyond simple ineptness. They are too shrewd business people in their other ventures to be able to claim ignorance. Also, why have they been so ruthless sacking/removing all except Kean? Why is he bulletproof despite being the employee that has underperformed the most and brought the entire club as well as Venky's into disrepute?

Something doesn't add up somewhere. Ignorance and stupidity only works for so long as an excuse.

I think they've managed to run us in such an appallingly inept fashion because they were badly advised at the outset how to set us up so that they hardly needed to put any cash in. They must've trusted someone implicitly or been such absolute prannets that they didn't bother doing their own independent feasibility assessment. They also built a whole business plan around establishing Rovers as an indian brand with academies and whatever. So, having been owners for over 18 months and seen the business plan result in abject failure, they do not appear to have a plan B. Possibly because no-one will want to work for them. and also possibly because they now have no adviser they can trust so rather than take action, we now have inertia.

As for the betting patterns/ half-time, full-time results theory, perhaps this is all hogwash best explained by the total lack of fitness in the squad and the inability of Mr Kean to adapt his tactics as the game progresses (because a - he is thick and b - he's not a manager).

I could well believe however that Balaji picks the team. And Vinny bought the players. And now Shebby buys them. And Mrs Witch won't sack poor Stevie because she likes him.

Also don't forget that Venky's have an established system for running overseas subsidiaries. Sack all the local management and appoint a trusted lieutenant to run the whole show.

Well, whatever the truth is, they have managed to make a right royal muck-up of everything. And they'll continue to do so until they leave.

Maybe because it is simply because their other business they know about. But the football business they do not. I do think it is 'possible' (not saying there is or have) that both Kean and his agent have something on venkys that stop them sacking kean. Possible fear of something is stopping Kean being sacked.

• Backroom

I'm willing to accept that it's possible Venky's are running the club poorly because they've been badly advised and have struggled to adapt once it became clear they'd been sold down the river. I don't think it's quite that simple but it's feasible.

I cannot accept that Kean is still here for the same reasons, though. He's performed too poorly in his position and dragged the club's name through the mud too many times for it to simply be a case of ignorance. God knows what the real reason is... I think it'll be a long time before we know, and by then Kean will have rode into the sunset with his millions made from killing our club.

I'm willing to accept that it's possible Venky's are running the club poorly because they've been badly advised and have struggled to adapt once it became clear they'd been sold down the river. I don't think it's quite that simple but it's feasible.

I cannot accept that Kean is still here for the same reasons, though. He's performed too poorly in his position and dragged the club's name through the mud too many times for it to simply be a case of ignorance. God knows what the real reason is... I think it'll be a long time before we know, and by then Kean will have rode into the sunset with his millions made from killing our club.

I understand your viewpoint. All we can do at the moment is look at likely theories because the fans are being treated like mushrooms.

MAI usually stands for main on a money transmission instruction. Bank of India have branches in the uk, so not easy to tell where they are doing the banking from.

So Venky's could be banking in India and could be using Indian assets as security, or they could be banking in London and be putting everything on the line with signings like Rhodes?

Doesn't make any difference.

Thankfully under current rules Rovers assets cannot be pledged to support an Indian bank loan with the State Bank.

Looks to me as if it could make quite a lot of difference.

In all the agruing about one sentence in the Fans Forum minutes (see the other thread) no one seems to have raised the comments made by the club in response to our questions about redundancies. As Ste B alluded to earlier, there have been very few - Paul Agnew stated that to his knowledge there had been four redundancies since the end of last season, plus a couple at the Community Trust. Compare this with Bolton, where the entire commercial department has been sacked.

Maybe it's a cultural thing.....when people on here or in newspaper comments sections have been talking about Indian businessmen they have emphasised how important face-to-face interaction was......they clearly don't understand football and Desai (if she was watching) won't be able to comprehend just how bad we are.....we know Kean excels in bending the truth and he clearly goes all out while talking to her.....so he just constantly provides excuses for anything and everything and takes with wife with him to India for er, moral support.

If that is the case, and he can be sacked but they are just unwilling, other factors will come into play though....they clearly want a yes-man who will never go against them.....they wouldn't want a new manager slagging their brand off in the media......a new manager would want to have a major say in transfers.

Most of me thinks they aren't the real owners but I always entertain other scenarios......I used to consider that maybe they didn't want to spend all the money on sacking him, getting a more expensive replacement as well as their back-room staff but considering all the money that's been spent recently (regardless of where it came from) means this surely can't be the reason.

In all the agruing about one sentence in the Fans Forum minutes (see the other thread) no one seems to have raised the comments made by the club in response to our questions about redundancies. As Ste B alluded to earlier, there have been very few - Paul Agnew stated that to his knowledge there had been four redundancies since the end of last season, plus a couple at the Community Trust. Compare this with Bolton, where the entire commercial department has been sacked.

Yes both vert fair points. The redundance issues that was raised and answered. But was hidden by a stupid and pathetic argument raised by the action group.

Not many redundances.

It could something simple such as the thought of having to 'compensate' somebody who is doing a bad job makes them sick. So will allow his contract to run down, rather than pay to sack him.

Well done to the FF for getting some facts on this, or direct quotes from the executives.

4 out of a staff of 250+ isn't it IIRC? Well worth a 10-page thread I don't think

Maybe it's a cultural thing.....when people on here or in newspaper comments sections have been talking about Indian businessmen they have emphasised how important face-to-face interaction was......they clearly don't understand football and Desai (if she was watching) won't be able to comprehend just how bad we are.....we know Kean excels in bending the truth and he clearly goes all out while talking to her.....so he just constantly provides excuses for anything and everything and takes with wife with him to India for er, moral support.

If that is the case, and he can be sacked but they are just unwilling, other factors will come into play though....they clearly want a yes-man who will never go against them.....they wouldn't want a new manager slagging their brand off in the media......a new manager would want to have a major say in transfers.

Most of me thinks they aren't the real owners but I always entertain other scenarios......I used to consider that maybe they didn't want to spend all the money on sacking him, getting a more expensive replacement as well as their back-room staff but considering all the money that's been spent recently (regardless of where it came from) means this surely can't be the reason.

Yeah but hang on-they have gambled their stack on getting up this year and whether its cash well spent remains to be seen .But they have come up with cash from somewhere so why would you hang on to a half baked manager you didn't believe in if it was going to bust your plan?If it costs £500k to get rid then surely you would if you have blown millions on trying to get promoted.And if you didn't own the Club why would you stump up such an amount of cash?

All very very odd and quite where the Portugese mob fit into any plan baffles everybody.Would they not have spent that money getting Kean paid off if they wanted him out?

Looks like he is here to stay but the whole thing is just as barmy as its ever been and throw Shebby into the mix on top of all that!!

So Phil, whilst we're getting back on track are you going to back down on your claims in this thread that a whole department had been made redundant.

Are you happy to admit that you were wrong on this one.

Like a dog with a boner... :lol:

Archived