BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Bristol City Away 12/13

Its great to be able to choose a position between 2 players who are doing well for a change instead of just deciding which player has done the least badly. Think my team for tomorrow would be:

-------------Robbo-------------

Orr----Dann------Givet-----Martin

Pedersen---Murphy---Etuhu---Markus

-------------Rhodes-----Gomes---------

But Lowe, Ribeiro and Kazim-Richards all have decent shouts for a place.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers will win either 2-1 or 3-1 with Rhodes and Gomes scoring.

Chaddy - your unstinting optimism is remarkable. If you could bottle it and sell it, then you would be a very wealthy young man and able to buy and run your beloved Rovers.

If we continue to play like we have and scrape results, there will be big pressure on Kean. We can't proceed to play like we have and expect to get promoted. Do you think that the owners have come to that conclusion too?

Hopefully they are clever enough (I know) to realise that even if we did go back up, consistently playing bad and picking up points won't happen for us in the Prem and Kean needs to go regardless.

If we continue to play like we have and scrape results, there will be big pressure on Kean. We can't proceed to play like we have and expect to get promoted. Do you think that the owners have come to that conclusion too?

They certainly seem to be taking a closer interest this season and hopefully in ties in with the report in the Mail yesterday.

The evening before the game and the match thread is three pages long - must be a record.

And here it is going up for 10.00 the night before a game and we're still only on page 3! [OK; we're now on p.4!!] I guess that's partly due to the vagaries of fixtures - a blank week because of bl00dy internationals so early in the season, preceded and followed by away games.

In our case it's exacerbated by our "little local difficulties" but frankly, I must say that the combination of our owners/management[?] and the fixture list mean that, while I always want us to win, I can summon up no enthusiasm for tomorrow. Time was when I'd have invited myself to stay with cousins who live in Brizzle; now I've better things to do with my money and time.

Of course, I hope we win but I think that they've got the better manager [someone who's proved himself as a manager before being appointed by the Robins] and that might make the difference.

Andy Cryer's tweeted that there'll be two extra Rovers people in the directors box tomorrow. Assuming he means the chuckle brothers, I think the heat really is on Mr Kean now.

Yeah Daily Mail article also indicated similar pressure.. there was at the beginning of the season talk of a fixed target of 16-17pts for 7 games.. a loss or draw would see that target unacheivable. Given Venkys put in a fair chunk of cash this summer and now have one of their advisors sitting at each and every match and this advisor is no kean fan.. I would not be suprised if they stick close to this target.

Not getting my hopes up to much though, Kean seems to manage to scrape results when under such pressure.

Yeah Daily Mail article also indicated similar pressure.. there was at the beginning of the season talk of a fixed target of 16-17pts for 7 games.. a loss or draw would see that target unacheivable. Given Venkys put in a fair chunk of cash this summer and now have one of their advisors sitting at each and every match and this advisor is no kean fan.. I would not be suprised if they stick close to this target.

Not getting my hopes up to much though, Kean seems to manage to scrape results when under such pressure.

I just wonder if Shebby Singh popped into Pune whilst on his travels during the International break, for me this is a now or never situation,

you cant forecast results, if you could, we would all be quids in each weekend and the bookies would be bankrupt, what I will say though, from what I have seen so far this season, Bristol City will be more workmanlike and play with a greater tempo than Rovers, who knows what team Rovers will put out, Kean always seems to change something, we shall see!

Still hoping to head to the game if the wife's ok. She's just had another gallstone attack and hoping she's well enough to travel down.

More importantly I hope she's ok to drive me home after the match :)

I'm sure Philip won't mind driving you home, nice cozy chat!

Lol, I actually get on absolutely fine with Philip. I stated that it was a very good move by BRAG to take him to the meeting with the premier league as he's a very intelligent person who speaks eloquently on the subject. We do clash occasionally and that's purely down to the way i feel that he sometimes expresses 'rumour' as 'fact'.

But don't get me wrong I do like and respect Phil.

Can I remind anyone who is going to the match , please take plenty of photos of the ground, the away support, fans in the pubs, the game when possible etc. The official match day photo gallery will be up later today, and hope to populate it with your photos.

The easiest way to get them to us is to tweet them to @brfcsdotcom or use hashtag #brfcsdotcom.

Thanks

Just a reminder folks! There are probably 1,000s of people who would love to see photos of the day who aren`t abe to get to Bristol this afternoon. With the amount of photographs taken nowadays and the seemless integration of social networking, we should be able to have all our games covered really well, and this site should be the de facto place for Rovers fans to see them.

• Backroom

I've given up trying to predict games now but it seems pretty set that any game in this league if we play to our capabilities we will win.

The beauty and in our case horror of football is that that isn't the case most of the time and anything can happen, especially with Mr Kean in charge

Archived