BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

I heard the interview in full:

1. Steve Kean is still Manager

2. No meeting has taken place to discuss his future

3. I do not know where these rumours came from, they mushroomed in the blogosphere (!!!) after the Boro game

Venky Spark and Braddock must be creaming themselves

PB that confirms what I heard in my post above #1035 so I mustn't be that tired pal!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3. I do not know where these rumours came from, they mushroomed in the blogosphere (!!!) after the Boro game

Venky Spark and Braddock must be creaming themselves

At this point i would like some sort of conformation of whether as some people have speculated Shebby was the source of these rumours i.e the 'reliable source'-if so he has either back tracked drastically to cover his backside or we've been played hugely.

Leaving aside Kean's overall record at the Club I would be sceptical as to whether he would be replaced now after just a single defeat with us sat near the top of the table.

However if the belief of various sources that he was close to the bullet over the weekend is true, it would seem likely that one or more potential targets were sounded out and were nowhere near as enthusiastic as had been anticipated.

As an aside, I wouldn't be at all happy if Black was promoted to temporary/permanent charge. In my view we've been worse than ever since he joined the Club and he needs to land in a heap outside the door with his bags packed alongside Kean imo.

• Is it her money???
  • Is it her decision?
  • Does she care about the devaluation of the business-remember the club was only sold for c.50million. I'm sure player sales/parachute/ payments etc more than cover the loss. (Not to mention agent payments to those closely associated early on with the purchase of the club).

She's involved, and the impact will be on her reputation whether it's her money or not.

It seems to be down to her whether Kean stays or goes.

If you have a valuable business, you'd be crazy to see it's value disintegrate despite the amount of money you received from sales.

These are people so far out of their depth it's not funny.

There is something happening which is not kocher in all of this. Any rational thinking business owner can see what the problem is.

Spread betting? Asset stripping? Something is seriously amiss at Ewood.

Don't why everyone is so concerned about SIngh. I saw through him from day 1. He will be leaving shortly just as I suspected. We have just gt to get use to things. As long as Venkys are here Kean is here.

How long will Venkys remain? Until the parachute payments run out and there is no value left in the club.

She's involved, and the impact will be on her reputation whether it's her money or not.

1) It seems to be down to her whether Kean stays or goes.

2) If you have a valuable business, you'd be crazy to see it's value disintegrate despite the amount of money you received from sales.

These are people so far out of their depth it's not funny.

3) There is something happening which is not kocher in all of this. Any rational thinking business owner can see what the problem is.

1) Is it?? We are led to believe this certainly.

2) 50 million is not a lot to write off. No matter how much you devalue a business a large % of this would still remain.

3) When questioning this i always go back to the articles pre-venky's take over and re-read them. They are quite revealing about the suggested open role of other people alongside Venky's with the word parnership used predominantly. Its only after the purchase that the slant of them changes.

These comments might be a (misguided?) attempt at damage limitation by Singh.

However if true, they would tend to show that Andy Cryer hasn't the slightest handle on what is going on at the Club and it is pretty irresponsible reporting to whip the hopes of the fans up into a frenzy over rumours that have no foundation.

So not only is he useless he's also another spineless liar it would seem?

I think that is very unfair Tom. Shebby knows what needs to be done but, ultimately, if one woman in Pune is not prepared to listen and not prepared to make sensible decisions there is nothing that Shebby or anyone else at the club can do. Clearly the bond between Desai and Kean is more important to her than the future of the club. Desai never comes to matches and is unlikely to come to Blackburn anytime soon and seems quite happy to see the finances of the club dwindle. Quite how you deal with that is another question but my understanding is that at least Shebby had a go and tried to do something.

However if true, they would tend to show that Andy Cryer hasn't the slightest handle on what is going on at the Club and it is pretty irresponsible reporting to whip the hopes of the fans up into a frenzy over rumours that have no foundation.

Or he received information directly from somebody he believed to strongly be telling the truth at the time-who i would like confirmed. People have suggested it was Shebby.

I reckon you are probably right Revidge. Cryer does not have an in anymore at Ewood (PNE Agnew saw to that) and Shaggy is running around like a headless chicken spouting out whatever the next person wants to hear.

• Backroom

Sorry Paraon but it was claimed he had the power to sack him, it clearly came to a head this weekend and yet he remains and Shebby claims it was only ever rumours on the Internet

He is clearly nothing but a mouth there to appease whoever he is currently engaging with

Obviously not, otherwise the owners wouldn't have spent a fortune on the likes of Best, Murphy, Etuhu and Rhodes over the summer.

Money which might largely disappear down the swannee without the right manager in charge.

I think that it's important to take people through the events of the last few days.

Prior to the game on Friday I was told by a senior venky's source that if Rovers lost to Boro then that would lead to the removal of Kean as the brothers had not been imprssed with the start of the season and were planning for a future without Kean.

Rovers lost on Friday and on Saturday morning I was told that the family were holding meetings to discuss the future of Kean, by Saturday evening I was being told off the record that the decision to sack Kean had been made and had been approved by ALL of the owners. During Sunday again along with a number of other journalists various senior Venkys sources were saying Kean had been sacked, the process of identyfing a replacement had began and a press statement would be released on Monday morning.

On Monday morning for some reason there was a change of heart by Mrs D and she stopped the release of the press statement, I have no idea what the reasons for this change of heart were and why the decision to sack Kean had been delayed/cancelled. There are alot of journos questioning sources and I am sure that the truth about what has happened will come, for the sake of Rovers I pray that the decision to sack Kean has been postponed rather than cancelled. Shebby's interview this morning saying that Kean's future was never discussed is just rubbish.

Yep. He knows what he has said in the past and probably over the last few days and now that Kean hasn't been axed, he's denying that talks about Kean's future ever existed as a way of covering his own back. We all knew that this guy was a total fake and fony, he's just rubber stamped our opinion.

Obviously not, otherwise the owners wouldn't have spent a fortune on the likes of Best, Murphy, Etuhu and Rhodes over the summer.

Money which might largely disappear down the swannee without the right manager in charge.

RB, I threw that in there as an example of "seriously amiss".

Though, If it all goes tits up this year, then they will still have some value.

Kean will no doubt be quizzed on the goings on over the last few days. He will deny all knowledge of these events and their very existence. He will bang on about 'support, owners, promotion, werselves, fans' and so the circus will continue.

.....AND HIS 600+ LETTERS PER DAY DON@T FORGET

Shebby's interview this morning saying that Kean's future was never discussed is just rubbish.

unfortunately that last statement sums up Shebby and the Rovers.

I think that it's important to take people through the events of the last few days.

Prior to the game on Friday I was told by a senior venky's source that if Rovers lost to Boro then that would lead to the removal of Kean as the brothers had not been imprssed with the start of the season and were planning for a future without Kean.

Rovers lost on Friday and on Saturday morning I was told that the family were holding meetings to discuss the future of Kean, by Saturday evening I was being told off the record that the decision to sack Kean had been made and had been approved by ALL of the owners. During Sunday again along with a number of other journalists various senior Venkys sources were saying Kean had been sacked, the process of identyfing a replacement had began and a press statement would be released on Monday morning.

On Monday morning for some reason there was a change of heart by Mrs D and she stopped the release of the press statement, I have no idea what the reasons for this change of heart were and why the decision to sack Kean had been delayed/cancelled. There are alot of journos questioning sources and I am sure that the truth about what has happened will come, for the sake of Rovers I pray that the decision to sack Kean has been postponed rather than cancelled. Shebby's interview this morning saying that Kean's future was never discussed is just rubbish.

Kean said some dirty words down the telephone to Mrs D and she remembered what she would be missing so pulled the pluf.

Thanks for all the updates Kamy. You are just reporting what you are being told. It's just infuriating when the events don't come to pass. That's not your fault. If and when you interview Shebby next, you need to confront him on this.

Sorry Paraon but it was claimed he had the power to sack him, it clearly came to a head this weekend and yet he remains and Shebby claims it was only ever rumours on the Internet

He is clearly nothing but a mouth there to appease whoever he is currently engaging with

I disagree Tom. I think Shebby was given a role but it would seem that things have changed and now he is trying to salvage the situtation on behalf of the owners. I think the real problem is that Shebby and the brothers are on one page while Desai is on another and it would appear that she has the final say on everything.

I can't believe people were actually getting excited about this in the first place, it was so obvious that it was going to end up just like what happened in the summer.

Only yourselves to blame for believing it all in the first place.

I for one am not suprised one bit.

Archived