BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

Is Shebby delivering some sort of message there. The attendances are a worry? Is he saying further boycott is the answer to finally removing Kean? If so, empty stadium against Wolves is crucial.

This is my initial thought. Maybe the falling attendences is the biggest concern to venkys and if this continues they will reluctantly have to remove Kean

. I'm very confused with the Shebby interview as I haven't heard it. People saying Shebby has back tracked and said keans safe. Others saying Shebby didn't say anything. Andy cryer has just retweeted a interview where Shebby refuses to comment on kean? Can anybody clear up what was actually said?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell you what PAFELL I'm getting sick to ******* death of you slamming any sort of protest other than turn up and cheer the team on. It's easy being sat 250 miles away sipping on a G&T whilst we're up here eating, sleeping and living this bloody nightmare.

I don't want anyone calling fans that attend scabs, but what I do want is for those who are going to consider the last 48hrs and think if it's worth it, or would they be better served boycotting, as that course of action is clearly getting to venkys.

Hope that clears things up!

As someone who has continued going, both home and away, this season I have to say that the last 48 hrs haven't really changed my view on the situation. I believe that Shebby has spelt out the econonic realities of sticking with Kean to Desai but she has chosen to ignore the advice given. I don't think the position could have been made anymore clear to Desai but she simply won't act on the advice she has been given. Whilst Shebby, and I suspect the brothers, are alarmed at falling attendances and the drop in corporate revenue it would appear that Desai is not all that concerned.

Ultimately, the Rovers have been in existence since 1875 and have weathered all sorts of strorms since then. I view it that this is another storm that has to be weathered. One day Venky's and Kean will go but the important thing is that there is still a club left at the end of it. I believe that supporting the players on the pitch is the best way to ensure that. It might be a long shot, particularly with Kean at the helm, but I believe regaining Premier League status is essential for the long term well being of the club.

I can fully understand why others have chosen a different path but for me boycotting is not an option and never will be.

What part of that club do you now have any affiliation with Simon?

Blind loyalty is complete rubbish and appears to strengthen Keans position. If Venkys are concerned about attendances, just why on earth would anyone go within 3miles of Ewood Park. Kean, Desai, Agnew, Shaw and god knows who else have been pissing stright up our leg for the best part of 2years, and 10,000 people are happy to sit there and let them bloody do it.

I do not understand it.

It's anyone's prerogative to go or not jimmy, but if everyone stopped going the only result would be that the Club would very quickly fold and cease to exist imo.

In answer to your first question, I support the Club which I suppose really means the team on the pitch. I don't understand the "I have no affiliation with the Club anymore" argument either. It's not my Club now, but it never has been - it belongs to whoever owns the Club at that particular time and always has done

If people said "I'm extremely unhappy with happenings at the Club and the way the Club is being run." then it would be nigh on impossible to disagree. I personally don't see however that that's a reason to give up on a Club you may have supported all your life. I'm sorry but for me when most people say "I have no affiliation with the Club any more" what they really mean is "I don't like the Club being run by a bunch of Indians." It's still exactly the same Club that was there the day before they took over and the same Club that has been in existence since 1875. Only the personnel change.

I don't go down to Ewood because I approve of the owners or the manager. No more so than I started going down to Ewood eons ago because I particularly approved of Bill Bancroft or any subsequent Chairman/Chief Executive. Jack Walker and Kenny Dalglish would be the obvious and possible exceptions to that but then genuine fans like Jack Walker, Jack Hayward and Dave Whelan who back up their love for the Club with huge amounts of cash are extremely few and far between and probably won't come around at Ewood again in our lifetimes..

I cannot help but think that this u-turn is related to the fact that Kean is and has always been seen by most fans and the media as an interim manager. If that is the case, Kean may be given the opportunity to go back to his original position he once held at the club depending on the new manager who arrives in.

There is no way our board of owners can decide he needs replacing as the Manager and Desai u-turns on this decision completely. I think the only decision that has been u-turned on is the one to remove him from the club completely.

Mrs. Desai will be of the opinion that Kean is not the right man to run the club, but he is still an asset for Rovers.

Tell you what PAFELL I'm getting sick to ******* death of you slamming any sort of protest other than turn up and cheer the team on. It's easy being sat 250 miles away sipping on a G&T whilst we're up here eating, sleeping and living this bloody nightmare.

I don't want anyone calling fans that attend scabs, but what I do want is for those who are going to consider the last 48hrs and think if it's worth it, or would they be better served boycotting, as that course of action is clearly getting to venkys.

Hope that clears things up!

I am not slamming ANY form of protest. Although I have always been against match time protests. I also come up to what matches I am able to do so. That I will continue to do.

Just because you live in the area, does not mean you care more about the club than somebody who does not. I am from the area. Have many contacts and friends in the area.

I have as much right as any other person to have an opinion. what makes you think supporters outside of the area don't eat and sleep and living ths nightmare, any less than those who live in the area.

I do not want either Venkys or Kean at the club.But I do want the football to team to be a success. But as the media have already picked up the situation. The FA / prem MP's etc have all got the information. Therefore are all aware of the concerns supporters have. I see no reason for in match protests, as they are pointless. The situation has been highlighted. but I do believe if Rovers do not get promoted, then that could well be the end of the club.

Low attandances are quite clearly a key issue at the club. Many would have expected the crowds to return when we went top of the league and the fact gates have remained very poor will have worried the powers that be and also proved contrary to what the owners were being told and led to believe. It's cleary the Steve Kean effect and his sympathisers will now be struggling to prove otherwise.

Whoever is going the Wolves match give Kean and Venkys hell for 90mins, whoever is staying at home thats another form of protest, respect that decision too...at the end of the day we all want the same outcome no point turning on each other!

Mass protest outside ewood and a half empty stadium inside would send a clear message to all!!

KEAN OUT!!

The club is an absolute farce, everyone needs to boycott, simple as that....

Desai is a toilet, Kean is a toilet, Agnew, Shebby... .they're all as bad as each other. It's absolutely ridiculous the amount of complete scumbags we have that are worming their way around the club. Hendry is another..... we need a complete cull of these ###### ######.

Yet another opportunity for Venkys to solidy the team, could you imagine the crowd we'd get for the next home game, with complete support behind the team, not only on the pitch but the managerial outfit too? It would be immense and completely push us forward.

Instead, it's the same old same old, we're all ###### off and that ###### clueless bald #### is still in a job ..... in what world does either your missus or grovelling save your job, really? It's an absolute train wreck, words can't describe it.

I renewed my ST, been to all the games, and some away, but like others have said, i've had enough. Friday did it for me, we are a shell off what we once were.

We have to boycott the games, we have to try and stop people from attending the games. How, i have no idea.

We have a fair share of morons on this site, but you have to be the biggest one of the lot with that comment. Idiot.

I was looking for offensive banners pal. If you check all my posts I think you will find this is the only one with offense. I am p1ssed off with what is happening so dont bother preaching to me, aim your disgust at the owners and kean

As someone who has continued going, both home and away, this season I have to say that the last 48 hrs haven't really changed my view on the situation. I believe that Shebby has spelt out the econonic realities of sticking with Kean to Desai but she has chosen to ignore the advice given. I don't think the position could have been made anymore clear to Desai but she simply won't act on the advice she has been given. Whilst Shebby, and I suspect the brothers, are alarmed at falling attendances and the drop in corporate revenue it would appear that Desai is not all that concerned.

Ultimately, the Rovers have been in existence since 1875 and have weathered all sorts of strorms since then. I view it that this is another storm that has to be weathered. One day Venky's and Kean will go but the important thing is that there is still a club left at the end of it. I believe that supporting the players on the pitch is the best way to ensure that. It might be a long shot, particularly with Kean at the helm, but I believe regaining Premier League status is essential for the long term well being of the club.

I can fully understand why others have chosen a different path but for me boycotting is not an option and never will be.

I'm not going to critisize supporters who feel the need to attend, if the goings on over the past 24months and more importantly over the 48hrs are not going to change your view then nothing will.

The storm you mention is unprecedented in my opinion. We've been relegated before, we've been down before, but our very existence has never been so threatened, even when we couldn't pay the milkman back in the 80's! Throughout these lean times we had people with Rovers at heart and football was a very different world back then. Today we have nobody at the club who seems to give a dam other than looking at when the next pay day is.

All In all it's a terrible time, probably the worst in the clubs history, far more than just a storm that we'll get over, if things don't change and change soon we'll be in Portsmouths shoes.

I think bizarre is an understatement.

It cant possibly be for footballing reasons that Kean is still employed by Blackburn Rovers FC. The hellish last 2 years shows that. I cant remember a single game where we have actually played well. The win at Old Trafford comes closest and that was a lucky win. The mans record is abysmal. Something besides sporting matters must be going on. It really is unprecedented.

That's exactly what's being said IMO, it's the first strike in favour of the protestors since the protests started. All this stuff about protests not working has been correct, up to now.

Boycotting the next home game is must.

Can we not pay for a full page advertisement in the LT to get the boycott message across east lancashire?

Ah well, that's saved me from going to Charlton.

I think bizarre is an understatement.

It cant possibly be for footballing reasons that Kean is still employed by Blackburn Rovers FC. The hellish last 2 years shows that. I cant remember a single game where we have actually played well. The win at Old Trafford comes closest and that was a lucky win. The mans record is abysmal. Something besides sporting matters must be going on. It really is unprecedented.

Even the people who run football recognise this but still they do nothing...

Archived