BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missed the interview, but the presenter just referred to it thanking Shebby for his time but also saying 'i'm not sure how much we actually learned from that interview'. Apparently Kean will remain as Rovers manager for the immediate future - the next 2-3 games was what they said.

Obviously having missed the interview, i can only speculate, but it sounded like Shebby gave a flakey, non-committal interview. Suggests to me he either knows bugger all about anything, Kean got his 2 game stay of execution or they failed to tie up their chosen replacement.

Bloody debacle!

I heard the interview with Shebby and the presenter Graham Liver who is a Rovers fan. Shebby stated that there were no meetings at all to discuss Keans future and that everything had come from the "blogosphere." When asked if Kean was the Rovers manager for the foreseeable future he started on about "we'll we have a game on Saturday" but when pressed agreed.

Of note was his final comment, Graham asked "do you think Kean should be manager of Blackburn Rovers?" After a few seconds pause he said something along the lines of "I am not in a position to say!"

Think I've got all that accurately although I was driving home after a night shift. Hope it helps if that's the right word.

Mrs Desai, READ THIS and take note:

If any CEO of any of your other companies had reduced the value of that company by as much as Kean has done at the Rovers, then you'd have sacked them months ago. Probably at a time when it became obvious that things were going wrong.

Imagine your chicken business being devalued before your very eyes. You would have done something, wouldn't you.

Well?

Come on, do something positive about the disintegrating value of Blackburn Rovers. It is your money remember.

The Keans are not business people, to date they appear to be nothing more than chancers who have stumbled upon a pot of someone else gold, your gold.

In any other football club, Kean would have been given the flick months and months ago.

DO SOMETHING POSITIVE FOR ONCE IN YOUR TENURE OF BLACKBURN ROVERS.

It seems to me this whole episode simply confirms the Rao family are bungling incompetents when it comes to managing the club.

Secondly it has to raise serious questions regarding Singh's position. He clearly indicated at the BRAG open meeting he had the power to sack Kean. As the only senior person at Ewood who has been openly anti-Kean one has to assume he is part of the reported discussions.

If such discussions are even necessary it deminstrates Singh has nothing like the power which has been attributed to him. It's simple if Singh has the family's ear they would have backed him, if he only has the support of one family member, probably Balaji, the result is this chaos.

My guess is Balaji put Singh in place, put his own cash in to fund Rhodes etc. believed after a period it would be possible to sack Kean and between them decided the first home defeat coupled with the points target was the opportunity to pull the trigger.

It hasn't worked.

All of this is conjecture on my part.

Paul, after listening to Shebbys interview on the radio I suspect you may have hit the nail right on the head and Shebby has been told to wind his neck in!

Just to reiterate what has been said numerous times but a blanket wolves boycott is a must after the last couple of days. I renewed my season ticket, I initially couldn't see the point of boycotting. I can now and urge others to follow suit for the wolves game. Low attendances are a concern for them; they are hopefully about to get lower. I'm absolutely fuming

Mrs Desai, READ THIS and take note:

If any CEO of any of your other companies had reduced the value of that company by as much as Kean has done at the Rovers, then you'd have sacked them months ago. Probably at a time when it became obvious that things were going wrong.

Imagine your chicken business being devalued before your very eyes. You would have done something, wouldn't you.

Well?

Come on, do something positive about the disintegrating value of Blackburn Rovers. It is your money remember.

The Keans are not business people, to date they appear to be nothing more than chancers who have stumbled upon a pot of someone else gold, your gold.

In any other football club, Kean would have been given the flick months and months ago.

DO SOMETHING POSITIVE FOR ONCE IN YOUR TENURE OF BLACKBURN ROVERS.

• Is it her money???
  • Is it her decision?
  • Does she care about the devaluation of the business-remember the club was only sold for c.50million. I'm sure player sales/parachute payments etc more than cover the loss. (Not to mention agent payments to those closely associated early on with the purchase of the club).
  • Is she a figurehead??

Apparently Shebby on Radio Lancs saying Kean is staying.

I heard the interview in full:

1. Steve Kean is still Manager

2. No meeting has taken place to discuss his future

3. I do not know where these rumours came from, they mushroomed in the blogosphere (!!!) after the Boro game

Venky Spark and Braddock must be creaming themselves

Archived