BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

I can't say I am surprised by any of this but I'm still really really annoyed (understatement of the century but I cannot find the words).

Is there still going to be an 'announcement' today? Perhaps, according to the LT, if the decision is just put on hold then today it could still happen? I know I am majorly clutching at straws here but I, like everyone else just want his to be canned so desperately so we can move forward!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The attendances are of real concern to Venkys that's crystal clear. The falling gates are being talked about more than our league position in all media outlets.

How anyone can continue to attend games after this is beyond me, but plenty will I'm sure. But clearly the best hope for getting rid of idiot is for the gates to fall further, so attendees, it's over to you.

Gav - you are very right.

Every match attended, home or away, is an endorsement of Kean.

Now is the time for everyone to take a deep breath and boycott Rovers completely.

A colleague of mine still attends Ewood and he is convinced that attendances are being overstated by at least two thousand and mentally benchmarks it against League Cup games. This ties-in with what some posters on here, including Glen Mullan, have been saying, in that reported attendances are not in line with the numbers for people in the the ground that the poilce are getting on the day for their 'statutory' management purposes.

Exactly.

I attend because I support the Club not the owners or manager per se. And will continue to do so.

What part of that club do you now have any affiliation with Simon?

Blind loyalty is complete rubbish and appears to strengthen Keans position. If Venkys are concerned about attendances, just why on earth would anyone go within 3miles of Ewood Park. Kean, Desai, Agnew, Shaw and god knows who else have been pissing stright up our leg for the best part of 2years, and 10,000 people are happy to sit there and let them bloody do it.

I do not understand it.

What part of that club do you now have any affiliation with Simon?

Blind loyalty is complete rubbish and appears to strengthen Keans position. If Venkys are concerned about attendances, just why on earth would anyone go within 3miles of Ewood Park. Kean, Desai, Agnew, Shaw and god knows who else have been pissing stright up our leg for the best part of 2years, and 10,000 people are happy to sit there and let them bloody do it.

I do not understand it.

Precisely, I do sometimes wonder what would keep some of our die-hards away. Even if Kean and his mates physically urinated and spat on everyone going through the turnstiles you'd get 5,000k on.

(p.s. not criticising those who protest)

First time I have been able to log on for ages.

So far as I am concerned, Kean WAS sacked and Mrs D personally participated in the process at least twice.

Shebby might enjoy talking but he was NOT the source of the crucial leaks to the press.

I fear that something very dark had to come very close to the surface to cause Mrs D to change her mind.

I haven't seen the Shebby statement this morning yet but if what I am reading of it is accurate then it is a LIE

http://www.fijilive..../18786.Fijilive

I've always found the above article interesting and wonder its significance in the wider picture of ownership. It regards the initial take over and legal claims against Venky's by The Qubic group.

Key sentences

The joint venture was rejected because Venky's considered a variety of business models where the poultry firm invested all the capital but Qubic received a stake in the club -- sweat equity.

Venky's had asked Qubic to act on a commission basis to negotiate with the club.

Liable for the equivalent of a 24 percent stake in the club, as agreed in early talks between Venky's and Qubic.

So it appointed its own agents to conduct talks and complete due diligence.

Could you surmise from this that when Venky's appointed their own adviser to complete the deal instead of The Qubic group that they too were entitled to/claimed 'Sweat Equity' to the tune of a 24% stake in the club.

Exactly.

I attend because I support the Club not the owners or manager per se. And will continue to do so.

And if you feel the need to protest it would imo be far more effective done from inside the ground whilst still attending games.

Not from behind a keyboard via the internet.

Disagree. outside the ground during games is the way forward

They attend because they support the team. They are not supporting the owners or kean.

What do you suggest? Loads of people standing outside Ewood Park and shouting scab when supporters go into the ground.

Tell you what PAFELL I'm getting sick to ******* death of you slamming any sort of protest other than turn up and cheer the team on. It's easy being sat 250 miles away sipping on a G&T whilst we're up here eating, sleeping and living this bloody nightmare.

I don't want anyone calling fans that attend scabs, but what I do want is for those who are going to consider the last 48hrs and think if it's worth it, or would they be better served boycotting, as that course of action is clearly getting to venkys.

Hope that clears things up!

Im not really sure why everyone is getting in a fuss.

Kean being sacked today seems to have been pure speculation from the start.

Shebby did say that everyone is starting with a clean slate (granted he may have played to the crowd at that meeting)... but from a just a footballing perspective it does not make sense to sack kean after he’s only lost one game this season. If your outside the top two at the start of December that’s when you sack your manager.

If we sacked kean now, the new manager comes in and does rubbish your under pressure to sack him before December as well.

The last few days, I don’t know where the noise has come from? But if I were to think about it for a minute.

• Shabby? He wants kean out
  • Groups? That want venkys to look like more of clowns to improve their memberships?
  • Press members? – improve their circulation; this is the quite time during the football season.

For me the only ones that haven’t been noisy is Venkeys

If you look at that from a natural non hatred of kean why would you sack your manager when your only a few points from the top of the league, granted where playing poor, but for the most point where picking up results.

If your outside the top two at the start of december that’s when you sack your manager.

I don’t really buy His wife saved his job, that’s just rubbish along with every other conspiracy theory

Also if Venkeys wanted to sack kean and kean refused to go then they would put him on gardening duty

p.s I do think he should have been sacked a long time ago.

Kamy, cryer and other jornos have all run the story saying he will be sacked. Mullen has also confirmed this. Now Mullen has accused the jornos of destroying our chances because it was made public. This is just getting silly now and it's getting to the point of myself and a few others not caring anymore.

Shebby was obviously the guy that let people know he was going. He has now been undermined and Mullen has become so obsessed with shebby that he turned on the jornos.

Two things stand out for me and I may be wrong with both but someone (shebby it would seem) said Kean was gone and was waiting to announce it. They know Glenn is on board with shebby and it was their plan all along to use shebby to influence Glenn. He may well be shebbys and venkys puppet without Glenn realising it. Manipulation.

The other is as someone else has stated. Kamy and cryer both tweeted a while back that Kean had been sacked but their source was a fake ssn twitter. Maybe these guys don't know anything and presume or guess too often though their intentions are sincere.

For me now I will only listen to confirmed news as I'm sick of the rollercoaster ride we are put through and though I bought a st I may stay away. Like I said earlier I've had enough now

Tell you what PAFELL I'm getting sick to ******* death of you slamming any sort of protest other than turn up and cheer the team on. It's easy being sat 250 miles away sipping on a G&T whilst we're up here eating, sleeping and living this bloody nightmare.

I don't want anyone calling fans that attend scabs, but what I do want is for those who are going to consider the last 48hrs and think if it's worth it, or would they be better served boycotting, as that course of action is clearly getting to venkys.

Hope that clears things up!

Correct Gav.

It's really quite simple in my eyes. Attendances must be - and have been confirmed by Singh - a big worry for them. Protests obviously don't hurt them enough. Now [honestly] without wanting to open up another argument about fans/real fans etc, the fans who have decided to stay away have made the ultimate sacrifice. There's nothing more they can do. It's up to the fans attending to decide where they stand.

Pafell - turning up and cheering the players on wont get us promoted. It didn't prevent us getting relegated did it?

Even if we do get promoted under Kean, the issue runs deeper than just this season. If we go up there's no way we'll compete in the Premier League, so we'll come straight back down. Then Kean will be kept on as he'll have already proven he can get us promoted. Venky's wont put the money in they did this summer, and we'll languish in the Championship. Parachute payments will run out - next stop: oblivion.

He has to go now while its still early enough to rescue this season.

http://www.fijilive..../18786.Fijilive

I've always found the above article interesting and wonder its significance in the wider picture of ownership. It regards the initial take over and legal claims against Venky's by The Qubic group.

Key sentences

The joint venture was rejected because Venky's considered a variety of business models where the poultry firm invested all the capital but Qubic received a stake in the club -- sweat equity.

Venky's had asked Qubic to act on a commission basis to negotiate with the club.

Liable for the equivalent of a 24 percent stake in the club, as agreed in early talks between Venky's and Qubic.

So it appointed its own agents to conduct talks and complete due diligence.

Could you surmise from this that when Venky's appointed their own adviser to complete the deal instead of The Qubic group that they too were entitled to/claimed 'Sweat Equity' to the tune of a 24% stake in the club.

Very interesting.

If Venky's were discussing sweat equity deals it further underlines that they did not have enough free cash to buy Rovers

Is Shebby delivering some sort of message there. The attendances are a worry? Is he saying further boycott is the answer to finally removing Kean? If so, empty stadium against Wolves is crucial.

That's exactly what's being said IMO, it's the first strike in favour of the protestors since the protests started. All this stuff about protests not working has been correct, up to now.

Boycotting the next home game is must.

Archived