BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

Very interesting.

If Venky's were discussing sweat equity deals it further underlines that they did not have enough free cash to buy Rovers

What i find interesting is the fact that they were prepared to offer a 24% stake in the club as 'Sweat Equality'. That's a large % share to sign off. Of course any agent couldn't directly own a 24% stake and continue to advice the club on transfers.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I renewed my ST, been to all the games, and some away, but like others have said, i've had enough. Friday did it for me, we are a shell off what we once were.

We have to boycott the games, we have to try and stop people from attending the games. How, i have no idea.

People who are boycotting games expect people to respect their own personal decision not to go to games.

And rightly so. It's a free world.

Why can't those same people however respect the views of those who have continued to attend?

Very interesting.

If Venky's were discussing sweat equity deals it further underlines that they did not have enough free cash to buy Rovers

Did venkys take legal action against Shah for defamation. If so, did they win or lose the case?

As someone who has continued going, both home and away, this season I have to say that the last 48 hrs haven't really changed my view on the situation. I believe that Shebby has spelt out the econonic realities of sticking with Kean to Desai but she has chosen to ignore the advice given. I don't think the position could have been made anymore clear to Desai but she simply won't act on the advice she has been given. Whilst Shebby, and I suspect the brothers, are alarmed at falling attendances and the drop in corporate revenue it would appear that Desai is not all that concerned.

Ultimately, the Rovers have been in existence since 1875 and have weathered all sorts of strorms since then. I view it that this is another storm that has to be weathered. One day Venky's and Kean will go but the important thing is that there is still a club left at the end of it. I believe that supporting the players on the pitch is the best way to ensure that. It might be a long shot, particularly with Kean at the helm, but I believe regaining Premier League status is essential for the long term well being of the club.

I can fully understand why others have chosen a different path but for me boycotting is not an option and never will be.

Tremendous post Parson. The latest in a whole series from you recently on this theme imo. Every point bob on.

The highlighted words are the entire crux of the matter imo.

I am not slamming ANY form of protest. Although I have always been against match time protests. I also come up to what matches I am able to do so. That I will continue to do.

Just because you live in the area, does not mean you care more about the club than somebody who does not. I am from the area. Have many contacts and friends in the area.

I have as much right as any other person to have an opinion. what makes you think supporters outside of the area don't eat and sleep and living ths nightmare, any less than those who live in the area.

I do not want either Venkys or Kean at the club.But I do want the football to team to be a success. But as the media have already picked up the situation. The FA / prem MP's etc have all got the information. Therefore are all aware of the concerns supporters have. I see no reason for in match protests, as they are pointless. The situation has been highlighted. but I do believe if Rovers do not get promoted, then that could well be the end of the club.

Nobodys stopping you having an opinion, you're a bloody drama queen. If its not foot stamping because people won't PM you the dirty dealings that they have on Venkys, it's putting words in people's mouths about riots etc etc, I'm beginning to wonder about you PAFELL and you're motives.

Tremendous post Parson. The latest in a whole series from you recently on this theme imo. Every point bob on.

The highlighted words are the entire crux of the matter imo.

I simply can't agree with either of you, it's like burying your heads in the sand and hoping things will get better, but I respect your views.

People who are boycotting games expect people to respect their own personal decision not to go to games.

And rightly so. It's a free world.

Why can't those same people however respect the views of those who have continued to attend?

Totally respect those views Simon. At the end of the day though, we either want to do our best to get the Raos to change their ways, or we don't. When you mentioned earlier that staying away would simply result in the club folding, - well the biggest danger to that is Kean staying on as manager.

It's an obvious situation to me. The best and probably only way to pressurise the owners, is to stay away from Ewood until he's gone. That wont fold the club, it will see Kean removed. The alternative is to carry on attending and doing nothing.

Totally respect those views Simon. At the end of the day though, we either want to do our best to get the Raos to change their ways, or we don't. When you mentioned earlier that staying away would simply result in the club folding, - well the biggest danger to that is Kean staying on as manager.

It's an obvious situation to me. The best and probably only way to pressurise the owners, is to stay away from Ewood until he's gone. That wont fold the club, it will see Kean removed. The alternative is to carry on attending and doing nothing.

Exactly, don't forget a number of boycotters will have given money up front for a season ticket.

The club certainly wont fold if people boycott and it will get plenty of media coverage.

Very interesting.

I thought Saurin Shah's claims had been dismissed as complete rubbish long ago.

As for the "free cash" comments You keep obliquely hinting that there are ownership issues in that the current owners do not comply with current regulations. I do not believe this to be the case but if you have any evidence to support this surely it is better to get it out in the open rather than all this "I know something you don't know." nonsense.

Because if anything is untoward it will all come out eventually anyway.

Andy Cryer has just tweeted this opinion piece http://bit.ly/PiWvy5

Andy nails it in that opinion piece:

"HERE we go again. At every other club in the country, it is a simple concept. A manager is either sacked or backed and everyone gets on with it."

"There is little doubt that the overwhelming feeling now among most of the club’s owners is that Steve Kean has no part in their long term plans. The next move is pretty obvious, you would think anyway."

"The atmosphere is horrible, fans are fighting between themselves – those who are coming anyway – and few are getting that ‘enjoyment factor’ from going to Ewood anymore."

"Rovers’ supporters are being treated like fools and they simply won’t accept that."

and concludes:

"To let it drag on is unfair to everyone, including Kean himself, the players and most of all the supporters.

If Venky’s get this wrong, again, I’m not even sure results can save them.

As I was leaving Ewood on Friday night, someone said to me ‘there used to be a football club here’. I think we all know what he meant."

In short, this balls up is an existential threat to Venky's.

Andy Cryer has just tweeted this opinion piece http://bit.ly/PiWvy5

Oh dear someone has got their story completely wrong over the weekend and has spat their dummy out.

Very poor stuff from Cryer imo. It would be completely wrong for the owners to publicly back Kean at this stage.

Given Kean's overall record his status should at the very least be under constant and very close review.

Oh dear someone has got their story completely wrong over the weekend and has spat their dummy out.

Very poor stuff from Cryer imo. It would be completely wrong for the owners to publicly back Kean at this stage.

Given Kean's overall record his status should at the very least be under constant and very close review.

Deluded Simon again

• Backroom

Alan Nixon seems to believe he may still be on his way out when a severance can be agreed and a manager brought in according to a tweet a moment ago.

I have a feelig this will rumble on to the next home game

Archived