BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

The current debate between boycotters and non-boycotters, which thankfully seems to be relatively respectful, is vital in my opinion.

I think it is time for those who continue to attend to acknowledge that last weekend's activity at the higher echelons of the club was driven in the main by commercial considerations. The matchday boycott IS working, to massively greater effect than the marches and in-ground verbal protests, although they were useful at the time to keep the issue in the spotlight.

Many members of this board and BRFC supporters, I believe a majority, can clearly see that steadily reducing attendances are squeezing whoever is making the final decisions into a position where the ONLY option is to replace the manager and instantly double the matchday revenue.

Please continue to attend if you feel that is the best way to ensure Kean is removed, but also please accept that this final protest is working and a crowd of less than 10,000 for the Wolves fixture will apply national and international focus and pressure to finally prompt action.

I agree that the Lancashire Telegraph and Radio Lancashire must communicate the message about the importance of season ticket holders staying away for the Wolves game as this will be picked up by the national media.

I am sure this is the only way, please at least voice your displeasure if you must continue to attend.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earlydoors- Q. Are you saying that Kean received a sweat equity stake?

Phillipl hasn't said anything on this matter. He has just merely stated that an article i drew to public opinion was interesting. I highlighted certain key sections i thought made interesting reading in an article which has been publicised by somebody else, but have not drawn any definitive conclusions from them. Read the article and make your own conclusions.

It's anyone's prerogative to go or not jimmy, but if everyone stopped going the only result would be that the Club would very quickly fold and cease to exist imo.

In answer to your first question, I support the Club which I suppose really means the team on the pitch. I don't understand the "I have no affiliation with the Club anymore" argument either. It's not my Club now, but it never has been - it belongs to whoever owns the Club at that particular time and always has done

If people said "I'm extremely unhappy with happenings at the Club and the way the Club is being run." then it would be nigh on impossible to disagree. I personally don't see however that that's a reason to give up on a Club you may have supported all your life. I'm sorry but for me when most people say "I have no affiliation with the Club any more" what they really mean is "I don't like the Club being run by a bunch of Indians." It's still exactly the same Club that was there the day before they took over and the same Club that has been in existence since 1875. Only the personnel change.

I don't go down to Ewood because I approve of the owners or the manager. No more so than I started going down to Ewood eons ago because I particularly approved of Bill Bancroft or any subsequent Chairman/Chief Executive. Jack Walker and Kenny Dalglish would be the obvious and possible exceptions to that but then genuine fans like Jack Walker, Jack Hayward and Dave Whelan who back up their love for the Club with huge amounts of cash are extremely few and far between and probably won't come around at Ewood again in our lifetimes..

I think you are one of those who should realise that under JW, The Trust & Big Sam, 'we never had it so good'. 99.99%, perhaps excluding you, would turn the clock back in a heartbeat if they could.

Oh dear someone has got their story completely wrong over the weekend and has spat their dummy out.

Very poor stuff from Cryer imo. It would be completely wrong for the owners to publicly back Kean at this stage.

Given Kean's overall record his status should at the very least be under constant and very close review.

Sometimes your posts are decent, I can tell you, without fear or retribution, you are so far off the mark here, if you had been shooting towards the Blackburn end goal, your shot would have gone almost as far as Bolton, yes, totally the opposite direction, Andy Cryer is 100% correct here, proper journalism with an argument and a conclusion, based on facts and the unbelievable goings on at Rovers, indeed, to take this one step further, I do believe, with this incident over the weekend, rather than simply saying Kean is not being sacked, will have, without question raised eybrows and the authorities of both the FA and Parliament made even more aware of something not being right at Ewood.

To say we have a cancer within our club is an understatement and we should hit the owners (whoever they may be) in the pocket as much as we possibly can!

Can we not pay for a full page advertisement in the LT to get the boycott message across east lancashire?

I'll contribute as I am sure thousands of others would.

Just remember how quickly the money was raised for the 'Kean out plane'.

Deluded Simon again

You yourself say you believe there was a U turn made on the decision to sack Kean today, no-one seems to know the reason for this as yet.

He might only be a few more days or at best another bad result away from that fate.

Why would you back him at this stage? Best to say nothing.

I'm sure I'm only reiterating what others have said/thought, but are we actually in the middle of a Shebby ploy here? On Sunday night by all accounts he had the OK to sack Kean, and thinking it was a done deal he told a few people. On Monday the picture changed down to Mrs Desai - I'm not sure you can blame Shebby any more for that than you can Kamy or Andy Cryer. He's come on the radio this morning and said what he's been told to say. He hasn't backed Kean and hasnt specifically said he's staying. Then crucially he's dropped the comment on how concerned they are about attendances. Is it a clear plea to the fans about what he needs them to do next to help him along?

The supporters have a decent hand here - infact they have had for a while. Now is the time to play it. As many as are willing to must stay away. The ground doesnt have to be completely empty - if there are as few as 5,000 in it will have the desired effect. My concern would be all those that have bought season tickets are going to be included in attendances whether they go or not, as is usually the case I believe?

Oh dear someone has got their story completely wrong over the weekend and has spat their dummy out.

Very poor stuff from Cryer imo. It would be completely wrong for the owners to publicly back Kean at this stage.

Given Kean's overall record his status should at the very least be under constant and very close review.

That is probably the best article Cryer has ever witten and hits so many nails on the head.

I would retire gracefully.

I believe that BRFC can not simply sack Kean, and have known this for a long time. "Kean has an interest in BRFC other than Manager", is looking more like deduced truth. Why this is being brought to a head now after 1 defeat is wierd, as the press have not picked up on our dreadful performance / lucky result start to the season.

You yourself say you believe there was a U turn made on the decision to sack Kean today, no-one seems to know the reason for this as yet.

He might only be a few more days or at best another bad result away from that fate.

Why would you back him at this stage? Best to say nothing.

Very different comment to the attack you made on Andy Cryer

I believe that BRFC can not simply sack Kean, and have known this for a long time. "Kean has an interest in BRFC other than Manager", is looking more like deduced truth. Why this is being brought to a head now after 1 defeat is wierd, as the press have not picked up on our dreadful performance / lucky result start to the season.

Agnew was last night allegedly saying Kean can never be sacked

It is time for solidarity. It is time for ALL season ticket holders to man up and boycott the next two games at least.

Can't see it though as apathy rules

Nothing to do with apathy. Indeed, quite the opposite. It's simply about having a different view of how best to deal with the present situation.

The big worry for me. boycott or not, is that this regime haven't been shy in massaging attendance figures thus far (according to well informed posters on here).

Now the subject is a potential deal breaker to ALL on the gravy train I can only see this being ramped up.

Worst case scenario we will find out in 9 months time weather Kean has more involvement in rovers than we think...if he gets another contract/role with the club i will be 100% convinced the slimeball has been involved in some seriously shady dealings!

Andy nails it in that opinion piece:

"HERE we go again. At every other club in the country, it is a simple concept. A manager is either sacked or backed and everyone gets on with it."

"There is little doubt that the overwhelming feeling now among most of the club’s owners is that Steve Kean has no part in their long term plans. The next move is pretty obvious, you would think anyway."

"The atmosphere is horrible, fans are fighting between themselves – those who are coming anyway – and few are getting that ‘enjoyment factor’ from going to Ewood anymore."

"Rovers’ supporters are being treated like fools and they simply won’t accept that."

and concludes:

"To let it drag on is unfair to everyone, including Kean himself, the players and most of all the supporters.

Publicity. Keeps Venkys brand in the public eye. Bad attention is better than no attention.

If Philip you are sitting on ANY information this is the time to use it. The Symbolic red rose of our illustrious club is all but wilted. Leave this any longer and I fear you will be saving a corpse. The fans need salvation... The club is begging for a saviour, if it could bleed it would be critically ill. The fans of any club are it's blood, as the fans pour away so does the defining strength and fabric of the club!

Please act now. Put the information into the public domain. Is there any reason why you shouldn't?

If Venky’s get this wrong, again, I’m not even sure results can save them.

As I was leaving Ewood on Friday night, someone said to me ‘there used to be a football club here’. I think we all know what he meant."

In short, this balls up is an existential threat to Venky's.

Happy clapping isn't going to change owt. Neither is a handful of fans booing and small ripples of Kean Out.

I personally cannot see what attending matches is going to achieve. But that's just my opinion.

It's a sorry mess we are in......for all of us

Nothing to do with apathy. Indeed, quite the opposite. It's simply about having a different view of how best to deal with the present situation.

Then, what is the best to do with the present situation?

I said massboycott last year, but got shot down. Look now.

We must hit were it hurts the most and it's the pockets.

Iam from Norway and ist a regular at Ewood, but iam not buying jerseys's for me and my little son. I would have done it if the club had

done the right thing and kicked Kean's sorry ass out of Ewood. I would have travelled to some home games, but I don't. I for one don't care if Blackburn are a top PL club or a top Championship club. I just wanna support a healthy club with a decent manager and with people who care about the club and not themselves.

It is time for solidarity. It is time for ALL season ticket holders to man up and boycott the next two games at least.

Can't see it though as apathy rules

Alternatively ALL the boycotters could attend the next two games, (thereby proving the Club has a committed and unwavering fan base) and and protest at Kean.

I'd prefer that but I can't see that happening either. Each to their own.

As someone who has continued going, both home and away, this season I have to say that the last 48 hrs haven't really changed my view on the situation. I believe that Shebby has spelt out the econonic realities of sticking with Kean to Desai but she has chosen to ignore the advice given. I don't think the position could have been made anymore clear to Desai but she simply won't act on the advice she has been given. Whilst Shebby, and I suspect the brothers, are alarmed at falling attendances and the drop in corporate revenue it would appear that Desai is not all that concerned.

Ultimately, the Rovers have been in existence since 1875 and have weathered all sorts of strorms since then. I view it that this is another storm that has to be weathered. One day Venky's and Kean will go but the important thing is that there is still a club left at the end of it. I believe that supporting the players on the pitch is the best way to ensure that. It might be a long shot, particularly with Kean at the helm, but I believe regaining Premier League status is essential for the long term well being of the club.

I can fully understand why others have chosen a different path but for me boycotting is not an option and never will be.

My opinion also. One day both Venkys and Kean will be gone. Enusuring the club is still a going concern for when they are gone, is what matters. We are dependant on the players on the pitch doing that. In match protests only plays into the hands of the team rovers are playing against.

Then, what is the best to do with the present situation?

I said massboycott last year, but got shot down. Look now.

We must hit were it hurts the most and it's the pockets.

Iam from Norway and ist a regular at Ewood, but iam not buying jerseys's for me and my little son. I would have done it if the club had

done the right thing and kicked Kean's sorry ass out of Ewood. I would have travelled to some home games, but I don't. I for one don't care if Blackburn are a top PL club or a top Championship club. I just wanna support a healthy club with a decent manager and with people who care about the club and not themselves.

Find away where it hits them the most. Find away of hitting their main business - the chicken one. Damage any ambitions they have of expanding outside of India. Then they may decide to sell the club itself.

Archived