BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

How do I put a user on ignore so their posts don't show?

Also can this really finally be coming to an end? I'd be over the moon with Sherwood - or anyone that isn't Kean for that matter. Utter shambles of a club at the minute, from a shirt with no sponsor to why we still have a completely inept manager at the helm it's all a complete embarrassment :huh:

Come on Venkys give me something to cheer about this weekend and sack Kean :brfcsmilie:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't understand why anybody is getting all giddy over the idea of Sherwood as manager. Yes, he isn't Kean, and I'd rather sack Kean and appoint him than keep Kean, no question. But have we honestly not learnt from our mistakes? Appointing an inexperienced manager to replace an inexperienced manager? Yes, it might work out, but there's virtually no evidence that it will. It would be a gamble. We can't afford a gamble right now, we MUST be promoted this year. We blatantly need a manager with a proven track record. This just isn't Sherwood.

Alan Curbishley would be my preferred choice. Out with the lying, thieving, drink-driving, back-stabbing chancers and in with some decency, common sense and quality. Should we get promoted we need someone with experience of keeping clubs in the PL on small budgets.

Ditto.

I can't understand why anybody is getting all giddy over the idea of Sherwood as manager. Yes, he isn't Kean, and I'd rather sack Kean and appoint him than keep Kean, no question. But have we honestly not learnt from our mistakes? Appointing an inexperienced manager to replace an inexperienced manager? Yes, it might work out, but there's virtually no evidence that it will. It would be a gamble. We can't afford a gamble right now, we MUST be promoted this year. We blatantly need a manager with a proven track record. This just isn't Sherwood.

With Kean out the stadium would probably double its attendance, leading to a better atmosphere, which intern will lead to better performances....

Appointing me, you, or anyone of most of the people on this board will probably also improve the results, tactics, mentality, atmosphere, alcohol levels etc

So in all honesty as long as Kean goes Im happy..

The truth of the matter is that good managers like Rednapp, Curblishey, etc. wouldn't want to touch Blackburn Rovers with a million-foot pole. We should be relieved that Sherwood would be interested in taking the job at all. Of course he is not the ideal replacement, but the problem is that we just don't have the ability to get an ideal replacement. And people like McCarthy and Grant wouldn't be much of an improvement. No point sacking Kean to replace him with managers who are just as bad.

Another thing is that while as Rovers fans we know the truth and how horrendously Kean has been to us all, from an outsider's point of view no one is going to side with us. I mean, if you were Rednapp or Curblishey, are you going to go, "oh yeah! I don't mind taking the Rovers position despite seeing how the fans have treated him over the past year and a half!" Remember, they aren't Rovers fans, they haven't been with us on the inside and have not seen the club being ripped apart. Of course they won't think the same way as us and happily accept the job even for all the money in the world. They are going to only remember the abuse hurled at Kean by fans and get discouraged. Whether that abuse is justified or whatever doesn't matter to them because they haven't been inside supporting the club as we have.

But Sherwood is another matter. The only reason why he might accept the job is because this is the only chance he has of proving himself. He's new and nobody else has made him this offer, and he's probably stuck in his assistant coach role at Spurs for a long time before he finally gets around to managing clubs. This is a golden chance for him, plus he knows that at his time at Ewood he's become a sort of legend so he won't be subjected to the taunts Kean was. See what I mean?

It isn't a matter of us getting an ideally experienced manager or having a choice of who to hire. The situation has gone so desperate the Venkys have no choice but to turn back to an inexperienced and untested Rovers legend and gamble that he'll turn out to be the next Mark Hughes.

Of course, this is merely my opinion and I could be wrong.

The truth of the matter is that good managers like Rednapp, Curblishey, etc. wouldn't want to touch Blackburn Rovers with a million-foot pole. We should be relieved that Sherwood would be interested in taking the job at all. Of course he is not the ideal replacement, but the problem is that we just don't have the ability to get an ideal replacement. And people like McCarthy and Grant wouldn't be much of an improvement. No point sacking Kean to replace him with managers who are just as bad.

Another thing is that while as Rovers fans we know the truth and how horrendously Kean has been to us all, from an outsider's point of view no one is going to side with us. I mean, if you were Rednapp or Curblishey, are you going to go, "oh yeah! I don't mind taking the Rovers position despite seeing how the fans have treated him over the past year and a half!" Remember, they aren't Rovers fans, they haven't been with us on the inside and have not seen the club being ripped apart. Of course they won't think the same way as us and happily accept the job even for all the money in the world. They are going to only remember the abuse hurled at Kean by fans and get discouraged. Whether that abuse is justified or whatever doesn't matter to them because they haven't been inside supporting the club as we have.

But Sherwood is another matter. The only reason why he might accept the job is because this is the only chance he has of proving himself. He's new and nobody else has made him this offer, and he's probably stuck in his assistant coach role at Spurs for a long time before he finally gets around to managing clubs. This is a golden chance for him, plus he knows that at his time at Ewood he's become a sort of legend so he won't be subjected to the taunts Kean was. See what I mean?

It isn't a matter of us getting an ideally experienced manager or having a choice of who to hire. The situation has gone so desperate the Venkys have no choice but to turn back to an inexperienced and untested Rovers legend and gamble that he'll turn out to be the next Mark Hughes.

Of course, this is merely my opinion and I could be wrong.

If he does come as long as he has an experienced backroom staff he's got a decent chance.

Must have something going for him as he survived the changeover to the new management team at Spurs.

As you say he'll lift everyone's spirits and re-unite the fans.

He'll tell her the fans have been poisoned against him by John Williams and son!

He's a pure patter merchant.

I'm more interested in hearing who on the playing staff has decked him. shame Roberts isn't still here, I reckon he can bang a bit, although might miss. I would certainly have a swing at him.

I would urge caution until Kean is actually sacked, yes everything is pointing towards the trigger being pulled very very soon. But I will stress again the gun was loaded and the finger was on the trigger on Monday morning and they stepped back from doing the deed, if we had normal owners I wouldn't be worried, but with Venky's and their decision making they are very capable of having a complete about turn and doing something completely different.

However, this time it seems that one of the biggest factors in their decision is the falling crowd numbers and the massive indication given to them that sacking Kean would lead to quite a large number of fans returning to Ewood, and fans re-engaging with the club etc.

Fingers crossed that it happens soon, but after what happened on Monday I will urge caution because Venky's are liable to change decisions completely for no reason.

• Backroom

I would urge caution until Kean is actually sacked, yes everything is pointing towards the trigger being pulled very very soon. But I will stress again the gun was loaded and the finger was on the trigger on Monday morning and they stepped back from doing the deed, if we had normal owners I wouldn't be worried, but with Venky's and their decision making they are very capable of having a complete about turn and doing something completely different.

However, this time it seems that one of the biggest factors in their decision is the falling crowd numbers and the massive indication given to them that sacking Kean would lead to quite a large number of fans returning to Ewood, and fans re-engaging with the club etc.

Fingers crossed that it happens soon, but after what happened on Monday I will urge caution because Venky's are liable to change decisions completely for no reason.

Agreed.

Would personally like the trigger to be pulled before the weekend due to the bet I have on (as do many others I imagine) but am not expecting anything to happen. I'll believe it's going to happen only when I see it in black and white from an official source.

Excellent stuff. Now why can't the rest of the world grasp that?

A good opinion piece on the back ofthe LT today, the delay to remove Kean "is grossly unfair to the fans, the players and yes, even to Steve Kean." and they're right, i despise the man but surely they should put us all out of our misery and just pot him. There really is no coming back from this. It surely must happen today or tomorrow.

• Backroom

I know it's just a rumour, but if they are getting Karen Silk to pull the trigger it's laughable.

Shaw and Agnew are higher ranking directors and it should be their job.

Lilly-livered a*seholes.

Perhaps their own positions aren't especially secure?

Archived