BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care if it's the tea lady who sacks Kean as long as it happens. As far as all of this goes, again, I will believe it when the bald turd has been marched off the premises. Until that time, I won't buy into rumours or hopeful suggestions of him getting sacked. A quote once murdered by an imbecile, 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.'

I know it's just a rumour, but if they are getting Karen Silk to pull the trigger it's laughable.

Shaw and Agnew are higher ranking directors and it should be their job.

Lilly-livered a*seholes.

To be fair to her she seems to be the only one of the directors to be of any real worth.

So she is proably the best person for the job.

Is there a link anywhere to nicko's article in the Mirror ?

Or if someone has bought the paper can you summarise what it says.

It says

" BLACKBURN boss Steve Kean has been summoned to India to sort out his future with owners Venky's.

Kean is being asked to travel to the company's HQ to see supremo Mrs Anuradha Desai and brothers Balaji and Venkatesh Rai, the pair who want him out.

However, Kean has yet to accept the request. He is aware that his chances of surviving are slim but he will not take another job at the club and is waiting on the next move.

Balaji may fly to London on Saturday and face an awkward showdown with the manager."

I know it's just a rumour, but if they are getting Karen Silk to pull the trigger it's laughable.

Lilly-livered a*seholes.

It's laugable to even consider Agnew to pull the trigger. He's Kean's best friend, he'll never sack Kean if he could help it. If the Venkys left it to him, the press statement would most likely go missing the next day and he'll continue lauding his pal and declaring that Kean will never be sacked.

It says

" BLACKBURN boss Steve Kean has been summoned to India to sort out his future with owners Venky's.

Kean is being asked to travel to the company's HQ to see supremo Mrs Anuradha Desai and brothers Balaji and Venkatesh Rai, the pair who want him out.

However, Kean has yet to accept the request. He is aware that his chances of surviving are slim but he will not take another job at the club and is waiting on the next move.

Balaji may fly to London on Saturday and face an awkward showdown with the manager."

Good grief! The soap opera continues. ' Yet to accept their request', if my boss summons me for a meeting I don't have the option of rejecting his request. Unbelievable

It says

More evidence that Kean has something on the owners. Refusing to be sacked? There was none of this ###### when they were firing JW, SA, TF...

Lilly-livered a*seholes.

You mean Team Kean's defender of the faith Paul Agnew? The man rewarded for his efforts protecting and some would say active with Team Kean's war on supporters last season and previously. The contractor of the club promoted to Director since the planned rise of Team Kean? One of the very few remaining involved with Rovers before the mysterious exits started just after the takeover?

Paul the fans are stayng away just because of relegation Agnew?

Yeah I wonder why he's not going to break the news if it happens

More evidence that Kean has something on the owners. Refusing to be sacked? There was none of this ###### when they were firing JW, SA, TF...

That was because John Williams, Sam Allardyce and Tom Finn all had more dignity, honor and character than the bald one and accepted their bosses' decisions respectfully even if they didn't agree with them. They probbly wouldn't "reject" Venkys' request if they were summoned to India and would honorably fly over to India to bravely face down the execution squad.

Though to be honest I think none of them were actually summoned to India before they were fired.

It says

Cheers.

I still can't understand why they don't just put him on gardening leave until this mess is sorted.

Another thing is that while as Rovers fans we know the truth and how horrendously Kean has been to us all, from an outsider's point of view no one is going to side with us. I mean, if you were Rednapp or Curblishey, are you going to go, "oh yeah! I don't mind taking the Rovers position despite seeing how the fans have treated him over the past year and a half!" Remember, they aren't Rovers fans, they haven't been with us on the inside and have not seen the club being ripped apart. Of course they won't think the same way as us and happily accept the job even for all the money in the world. They are going to only remember the abuse hurled at Kean by fans and get discouraged. Whether that abuse is justified or whatever doesn't matter to them because they haven't been inside supporting the club as we have.

I disagree to a certain extent. Football is a closed shop but it is also a small place. I'm convinced that everyone in the game now knows what a snake Kean really is and, while unwilling to state it outright, perhaps have a grudging understanding of why we want this clown to (Please don't use that word again) off.

I disagree to a certain extent. Football is a closed shop but it is also a small place. I'm convinced that everyone in the game now knows what a snake Kean really is and, while unwilling to state it outright, perhaps have a grudging understanding of why we want this clown to (Please don't use that word again) off.

Maybe you're right, but when you have people like David Moyes, Alex Ferguson, Mowbray, etc. criticizing the fans for their treatment of Steve Kean outright in newspapers you get the feeling that that knowledge of Kean being a snake is limited only to Rovers fans.

That was because John Williams, Sam Allardyce and Tom Finn all had more dignity, honor and character than the bald one and accepted their bosses' decisions respectfully even if they didn't agree with them. They probbly wouldn't "reject" Venkys' request if they were summoned to India and would honorably fly over to India to bravely face down the execution squad.

Though to be honest I think none of them were actually summoned to India before they were fired.

Slight difference with the departures of John Williams and Tom Finn, they weren't sacked. They no doubt felt the change of regime and their new roles made their positions untenable and left of their own accord in their own time once they had negotiated suitable severance packages

The bald pr!ck has done enough damage and now look at him, making it as difficult as possible to be dismissed!! what a kunt!! hope he never works again, really did bleed us dry and smirk all the way through!

Can see him working in the scottish third division and coming out all smug that someone wanted his 'services'...clown!!

Cheers.

I still can't understand why they don't just put him on gardening leave until this mess is sorted.

That is the answer, Kean simply cant be in charge on Saturday, if he is in the dugout, it will demoralise players and fans alike.

As for a new manager, the real key is the backroom staff, Ince brought Matthius who plyed his trade in the bottom 2 divisions whereas Hughes brought a wealth of experience with his backroom staff, indeed, Sam had Neil McDonald, a manager in his own right as his number 2, Dalglish had Harford, Clough had Taylor etc.

Indeed, we could quite simply look at the Liverpool role model here as its only when they changed track they began to fail.

The Boot Room, Shankley came in and from then on the managers continued from inside the club, Paisley, Fagan, Evans, Dalglish, Souness, for 20 years or so that kept the club at the top, for me it was because the managerial appointments related to the supporters and a certain mentality continued throughout the club.

This could happen at Rovers if Sherwood came with a proper number 2 - then groom he the next manager from within (Parkes managed well in his caretaker role as he knew the club) there will be others - Neil McDonald should, if Allardyce had to be sacked, should have taken over if an internal appointment, indeed, when Sam was in hospital, Neil got two or three great results, a production line from within to relate to fans and a kind of loyalty within the club, providing the appointments were made on ability. I remember Kevin Hird telling me about Parkes, he said even as a player, at half time, Parkes knew exactly what had happened in the first half, how to counter threats from the opposition, who to stop and which of the opposion to put under greater pressure etc, whilst most of the side hadnt really got a clue!!

So my opinion, for what its worth, is this, could Tim Sherwood do the job? Yes, he has a good mentality, wont take any prisoners, can coach, tactically capable and can relate to the fans, proividing, and this is the big point, the role of his assistant is very carefully chosen!!

I would urge caution until Kean is actually sacked, yes everything is pointing towards the trigger being pulled very very soon. But I will stress again the gun was loaded and the finger was on the trigger on Monday morning and they stepped back from doing the deed, if we had normal owners I wouldn't be worried, but with Venky's and their decision making they are very capable of having a complete about turn and doing something completely different.

However, this time it seems that one of the biggest factors in their decision is the falling crowd numbers and the massive indication given to them that sacking Kean would lead to quite a large number of fans returning to Ewood, and fans re-engaging with the club etc.

Fingers crossed that it happens soon, but after what happened on Monday I will urge caution because Venky's are liable to change decisions completely for no reason.

If kean goes tell them I will be singing again!

That is the answer, Kean simply cant be in charge on Saturday, if he is in the dugout, it will demoralise players and fans alike.

As for a new manager, the real key is the backroom staff, Ince brought Matthius who plyed his trade in the bottom 2 divisions whereas Hughes brought a wealth of experience with his backroom staff, indeed, Sam had Neil McDonald, a manager in his own right as his number 2, Dalglish had Harford, Clough had Taylor etc.

Indeed, we could quite simply look at the Liverpool role model here as its only when they changed track they began to fail.

The Boot Room, Shankley came in and from then on the managers continued from inside the club, Paisley, Fagan, Evans, Dalglish, Souness, for 20 years or so that kept the club at the top, for me it was because the managerial appointments related to the supporters and a certain mentality continued throughout the club.

This could happen at Rovers if Sherwood came with a proper number 2 - then groom he the next manager from within (Parkes managed well in his caretaker role as he knew the club) there will be others - Neil McDonald should, if Allardyce had to be sacked, should have taken over if an internal appointment, indeed, when Sam was in hospital, Neil got two or three great results, a production line from within to relate to fans and a kind of loyalty within the club, providing the appointments were made on ability. I remember Kevin Hird telling me about Parkes, he said even as a player, at half time, Parkes knew exactly what had happened in the first half, how to counter threats from the opposition, who to stop and which of the opposion to put under greater pressure etc, whilst most of the side hadnt really got a clue!!

So my opinion, for what its worth, is this, could Tim Sherwood do the job? Yes, he has a good mentality, wont take any prisoners, can coach, tactically capable and can relate to the fans, proividing, and this is the big point, the role of his assistant is very carefully chosen!!

I would be very happy with Sherwood and Parkes as a number two very happy it would be a good balance between new and experience. I rate Parkes very highly and he oozes integrity and the warm family values we need at the club. Sherwood know him too. Is he too old??? Nahh he's still got a lot to offer.

Maybe you're right, but when you have people like David Moyes, Alex Ferguson, Mowbray, etc. criticizing the fans for their treatment of Steve Kean outright in newspapers you get the feeling that that knowledge of Kean being a snake is limited only to Rovers fans.

I don't know about that mate. Fergie and Big Sam are good mates apparently.

Archived