BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about that mate. Fergie and Big Sam are good mates apparently.

But wasn't Ferguson praising Kean for his dignity and slagging the fans off last season? I know he's friends with Sam Allardyce but he has nothing against Steve Kean (in fact I bet he was pleased that Kean was in charge, only to have a rude shock when we beat his team 3-2 at Old Trafford for a surprise birthday present).

I know it's just a rumour, but if they are getting Karen Silk to pull the trigger it's laughable.

Shaw and Agnew are higher ranking directors and it should be their job.

Lilly-livered a*seholes.

If this is the case - I think many of us will envy Karen Silk.

I would be very happy with Sherwood and Parkes as a number two very happy it would be a good balance between new and experience. I rate Parkes very highly and he oozes integrity and the warm family values we need at the club. Sherwood know him too. Is he too old??? Nahh he's still got a lot to offer.

It is sad to say but i was at some event last year which Parkesy was at .I actually came away thinking how he had aged (sad death of his wife etc etc) and he looked a pretty lonely . ageing guy.Still polite and a respected fella for what he has done for us over many many years.But i just think he might be ''over the top'' now as they say.And before i get battered on here i am in no way dissing what this legend has ever done for our Club.Just may be the sands of time etc etc

Does anybody know how old he is as an aside?

Cheers.

I still can't understand why they don't just put him on gardening leave until this mess is sorted.

Agreed. I can not see any possible legal problem with putting Kean on immediate gardening leave on full pay and sorting out any dispute over compensation at a later date.

I could maybe see there being a problem from a practical point of view if the intention was also to remove Black and no-one else wanted to stand in the dug out in a caretaker capacity on Saturday.

I would be happy with Sherwood but I can't bring myself to think about another manager until Kean has been removed.

Can you imagine what the players are thinking ? Some of them will either be feeling sorry for him and some will just down tools until someone else comes in.

Salgado (legend) even said on twitter that the players are trying to be professional but its difficult.

How is he going to motivate them ? The mood will be flat on and off the pitch. If Kean has been removed I am sure the fans could lift the players for the next few games.

If there is something legal about putting him on gardening leave then surely he can be moved to one side away from the players. It has to be done before Saturday for us to have any chance of picking up some points.

Maybe you're right, but when you have people like David Moyes, Alex Ferguson, Mowbray, etc. criticizing the fans for their treatment of Steve Kean outright in newspapers you get the feeling that that knowledge of Kean being a snake is limited only to Rovers fans.

Allardyce is big mates with many people in football. I can't imagine Kean's involvement in Allardyce's sacking has been kept quiet by the big chap. In addition, the Hong Kong video won't have helped.

I would be happy with Sherwood but I can't bring myself to think about another manager until Kean has been removed.

Can you imagine what the players are thinking ? Some of them will either be feeling sorry for him and some will just down tools until someone else comes in.

Salgado (legend) even said on twitter that the players are trying to be professional but its difficult.

How is he going to motivate them ? The mood will be flat on and off the pitch. If Kean has been removed I am sure the fans could lift the players for the next few games.

If there is something legal about putting him on gardening leave then surely he can be moved to one side away from the players. It has to be done before Saturday for us to have any chance of picking up some points.

Kean hasn't been doing what he's paid to do since he started.

It is sad to say but i was at some event last year which Parkesy was at .I actually came away thinking how he had aged (sad death of his wife etc etc) and he looked a pretty lonely . ageing guy.Still polite and a respected fella for what he has done for us over many many years.But i just think he might be ''over the top'' now as they say.And before i get battered on here i am in no way dissing what this legend has ever done for our Club.Just may be the sands of time etc etc

Does anybody know how old he is as an aside?

He's 63.

Smashing fella and he'll always be a Club legend but you're right, as a manager/coach his time has been and gone.

Some time ago if we're being honest.

That's not to say he couldn't be given some sort of ambassadorial role at the Club with Ronnie now gone and Bryan Douglas not getting any younger.

• Backroom

He's 63.

Smashing fella and he'll always be a Club legend but you're right, as a manager/coach his time has been and gone.

Some time ago if we're being honest.

That's not to say he couldn't be given some sort of ambassadorial role at the Club with Ronnie now gone and Bryan Douglas not getting any younger.

My dad and I chatted to him a few times when we've seen him at Lee Valley Driving range and by all accounts, he's a cracking bloke. Ideal guy to assist in one of the stadium tours (if they're still being done)?

Sorry, back on topic:

I'm hoping we just get Kean out sharpish now. Fed up of waiting on Venkys. Sure, you wouldn't refuse a summons from your boss in a normal job, but who in their right mind would go to India to be sacked? EG: My manager would sack me, not the chief exec (who resides in the Netherlands). If I were summoned to the Netherlands, I'd just offer my resignation and save myself the trouble. But Kean isn't normal. There's absolutely moronic, imbecilic halfwits, and then there's Kean.

Big worry for me is that we will beat charlton and the usual suspects will do an interview after the game saying that was for the gaffer and we want him to stay etc etc. if he's not removed before Saturday I fear it will be too late and he will get yet another chance to prove himself.

What about the effing crook video? Fergie probably couldn't give a hoot about what's going on at Ewood but, if he does, then I doubt he'd take kindly to Kean slagging his pal off.

However, I think Kean's pal base in football is bigger than people think. As fans we're not really privy to what goes on behind the scenes. There are many rumours but few proven facts. The few facts being that he's not done well here, he lied in court over drink-driving and he has received a lot of verbal abuse (mostly on the message boards) from fans.

My qualm with the last element is that lots of people calling him "baldilocks", "bald ginger c***", "keanscum" and so on really hasn't helped our cause or image. It's just allowed people to let steam off and nothing more. But this is where our media image of spreading vitriol comes from. If we hadn't resorted to that and remained objective I believe our plight may actually have been over a while ago.

So looking on the outside-in it's obviously going to be the fans that are the baddies and Kean is mostly going to gain sympathy from it.

Actually, that was precisely my point.

Big worry for me is that we will beat charlton and the usual suspects will do an interview after the game saying that was for the gaffer and we want him to stay etc etc. if he's not removed before Saturday I fear it will be too late and he will get yet another chance to prove himself.

I know what you mean but all the journos and ITKs' are saying he's going and it would appear that results are now immaterial.

As for all the legal stuff, there is one way of ridding ourselves of Kean for while if anyone can get this message to Shebby or Pune!!

Kean, however much we hate him, is now under pressure from all angles, he will be hammered by the fans, the players appear to be coming at him and the stuff in the press etc. this will involve quite a bit of stress and of course, with stress comes many health issues, so here you are Shebby and Venkys, you relieve Kean of being at the club under 'Duty of Care' there can be no legal argument against that as the club simply say, they dont want Keans health to suffer because of what is happening at the club, indeed, if Kean suffered any problems healthwise which could be linked to stress, then Kean may have a case to take a lawsuit against them for not excercising their duty of care to an employee!

As for all the legal stuff, there is one way of ridding ourselves of Kean for while if anyone can get this message to Shebby or Pune!!

Kean, however much we hate him, is now under pressure from all angles, he will be hammered by the fans, the players appear to be coming at him and the stuff in the press etc. this will involve quite a bit of stress and of course, with stress comes many health issues, so here you are Shebby and Venkys, you relieve Kean of being at the club under 'Duty of Care' there can be no legal argument against that as the club simply say, they dont want Keans health to suffer because of what is happening at the club, indeed, if Kean suffered any problems healthwise which could be linked to stress, then Kean may have a case to take a lawsuit against them for not excercising their duty of care to an employee!

I believe Shebby Singh is already hard at work at getting rid of Steve Kean and has in fact already won half the battle if Alan Nixon's tweets and articles are to be believed.

Joe Jordan would be ideal to come in with Sherwood. In sure Harry would be willing to offer Sherwood advice in his first managerial post as well.

I hear Joe Jordan is waiting for 'Arrys' next appointment and as he lives in Bristol, doesnt want to venture north, however, there is another southern based coach who I have been told may be in the running, I will wait for more confirmation before I post!!

I hear Joe Jordan is waiting for 'Arrys' next appointment and as he lives in Bristol, doesnt want to venture north, however, there is another southern based coach who I have been told may be in the running, I will wait for more confirmation before I post!!

Not Wilpshire Ray? Pure guess.

The main problem that, however right it is. Venkys do not care about anything other than themselves.

Archived